User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 95

Thread: Two Color Test

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I was taking Walmart’s NyQuil knock off but upgraded to not over the counter stuff with codeine this afternoon.
    Ahh...Is that behind the counter in your state, too?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    It's just a generalization, but Blue and Black are considered "ally" colors, meaning that they go well together conceptually, philosophically, and mechanically. Blue and Black compliment each other in strategies that involve heavy control over the game (counter-spells, creature removal, etc.).
    Is Green/Black a weird combo?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,118

    Default

    They have little images for it.



    Your scores have been tallied up. You are:

    I am Red/Green
    I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.



    Red-Green
    Red-Green is very unthinking, considering the fact that it has red's impulsiveness and green's preference for instinct over mind. Red-Green decks are typically highly aggressive and attempt to overwhelm their opponents with pure strength.

    Common mechanics: Trample, Haste, Land Removal, Fight, +X/+X effects, Fast mana, direct damage, Aggressive creatures

    Common creature types: Warriors, Shamans, Goblins

    Ravnica Guild: Gruel Clans


    Hmm.

  3. #13
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    They have little images for it.



    Your scores have been tallied up. You are:

    I am Red/Green
    I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.



    Red-Green
    Red-Green is very unthinking, considering the fact that it has red's impulsiveness and green's preference for instinct over mind. Red-Green decks are typically highly aggressive and attempt to overwhelm their opponents with pure strength.

    Common mechanics: Trample, Haste, Land Removal, Fight, +X/+X effects, Fast mana, direct damage, Aggressive creatures

    Common creature types: Warriors, Shamans, Goblins

    Ravnica Guild: Gruel Clans


    Hmm.
    Pfff.

    Tell that to my possibility storm/big monster troll deck. A lot of thought went into that and it used to annoy the esper players when the Return to Ravnica standard was in play.

    Nothing controls decks like blue. However nothing controls people like taking away their control.
    Likes Metis liked this post

  4. #14
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    I think I got blue/black on this way back.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    Is Green/Black a weird combo?
    It's considered enemy colors.

    There are 5 enemy color combinations and 5 allied color combinations, the disticntions were considered important in the beginning of the game, but now people don't seem to pay much attention to it anymore and it doesn't seem the storyline does, though I don't pay much attnetion to the storylines so I'm not sure.

    Thanks for the tag.

  5. #15
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I got Blue/Black.

    Does anyone play Magic the Gathering? Which color combos are good and which combos are bad?
    It depends on the format.

    Some colors are strong in some formats and not in others, because each format has a different card pool and the card pool has certain cards of a color that are strong.

    In the early days of MagictG blue was considered the strongest due to its capacity to control, but now they try to print card that are more balanced all across the different colors.

    Still, my personal theory is that Magic the Gathering is a game that naturally favors control decks by design, even though R/D tries to make it balanced for all strategies, good cards for aggro don't seem as impactful as good control cards.

    Also, historically professional players have favoured control decks because the games are longer if you play control, meaning you get to play more magic, meaning their opponents have more of a chance to make misplays. Of course you have pros nowadays who play aggro, combo, and midrange too, but in the early days at least control was the deck of choice. In fact, the very fist control deck was simply called "the deck".

    The Deck | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think I got blue/black on this way back.



    It's considered enemy colors.

    There are 5 enemy color combinations and 5 allied color combinations, the disticntions were considered important in the beginning of the game, but now people don't seem to pay much attention to it anymore and it doesn't seem the storyline does, though I don't pay much attnetion to the storylines so I'm not sure.

    Thanks for the tag.
    When I did the quiz a long time ago, I had gotten white/green. Of course, with age, I’ve gotten more cynical and selfish, so I can see black coming into the picture. That said, I’m surprised white is what changed and not green. I still use personal alliances and favors and contracts to manuver myself into the position I want...and I usually make my money in ordinary, legal ways...usually.

    If you can tell, I did some reading on what the combinations meant! lol.

    Do you still play? Maybe we could get an online game going?
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

  7. #17

    Default

    I am Blue/Black

    I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

  8. #18
    Quetzalcoatl Norexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    2,278

    Default


    I am Blue/White
    I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

    Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

  9. #19
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    When I did the quiz a long time ago, I had gotten white/green. Of course, with age, I’ve gotten more cynical and selfish, so I can see black coming into the picture. That said, I’m surprised white is what changed and not green. I still use personal alliances and favors and contracts to manuver myself into the position I want...and I usually make my money in ordinary, legal ways...usually.

    If you can tell, I did some reading on what the combinations meant! lol.

    Do you still play? Maybe we could get an online game going?
    Yeah, I play on occassion at my game store, but I don't play Magic Online (never have) lol.

    Btw, I took it again and got Red/Blue lol.

  10. #20
    Phase-shifted beam Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    27,213

    Default

    I am Blue/Green

    I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Magic the Gathering Two-Color Type Profiles (Full)
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-27-2018, 04:11 PM
  2. Shortened Luscher Color Test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 06:02 PM
  3. Another Color Test
    By Savage Idealist in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:43 AM
  4. The Mana Color Test
    By Jade Curtiss in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
  5. Magic: The Gathering Color Test
    By Savage Idealist in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO