• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Do-Re-Mi Personality

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Here is the test > The Do-Re-Mi's of Personality - What your music tastes say about your personality: take an online personality psychology quiz about music

Here's what your music says about your personality! Your music preferences have been broken down into four categories. Detailed explanations are below. You can also read answers to common questions.

image.jpg

These dimensions are relatively independent, which means that you can be high on one dimension and low on others, or high on all of them, or low on all of them, etc.

Your score will tell you whether you are high or low on each dimension. The characteristics associated with high or low scorers on each dimensions are described below. If you are especially high or low on a dimension, these descriptions should be particularly characteristic of you. If you fall somewhere in the middle, the descriptions probably characterize you less well. For example, if you have a moderate score on the reflective and complex music dimension then you would probably be quite high in openness to new experiences, but not as open to new experiences as a person with a high score on the reflective and complex music dimension.

You can link to your results on webboards and blogs! All you have to do is copy the URL of your results page. All the necessary data for showing your results are in that url, and it has none of your answers.

Results - About Your Music Personality, based on Personality Psychology Quiz

Reflective & Complex

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 49 percentile. This score is moderate.
49 % 49%

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be traditional, physically active, and prefer the straightforward to the complex. In addition, they're also socially dominant and, compared to high scores on this dimension, don't place much value on the fine arts. When not watching their favorite sitcoms, they enjoy watching comedy movies, action movies, musicals, or children's movies.

Edgy & Aggressive

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Alternative, Rock, and Heavy Metal music. On the Edgy & Aggressive Dimension you fell in the 87 percentile. This score is very high.
87 % 87%

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the edgy and aggressive music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension tend to enjoy taking risks and engaging in thrilling experiences. They also tend to be dominant, imaginative, and energetic. They tend to be politically liberal, and believe that freedom, independence, and excitement are important aspects of life. When it comes to lifestyle, lovers of edgy and aggressive music, tend to come from the middle to lower classes. As for media entertainment, they're likely to enjoy watching action, science fiction, fantasy, war, and horror movies.

Fun & Simple

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Pop, Religious, Country, and Soundtrack music. On the Fun & Simple Dimension you fell in the 9 percentile. This score is very low.
9 % 9%

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the fun and simple music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to introverted, unconventional, and artistic. When it comes to morals and values, chances are that they lean toward the liberal side, and consider beauty and inner harmony important principles in life. When selecting a movie to watch, they prefer suspense movies, cult movies, or foreign films.

Energetic & Upbeat

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Hip-hop, Rap, Funk, Soul, and Electronic music. On the Energetic & Upbeat Dimension you fell in the 26 percentile. This score is quite low.
26 % 26%

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be introverted, less assertive than the average person, and detail oriented. As for politics and values, they tend to lean to the conservative side, and value intellect, ambition, and high art. When it comes to lifestyle, low scorers on the energetic and upbeat dimension often come from the middle and upper classes. When they're not reading, they're probably watching a romance movie, classic film, or western movie.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
View attachment 19356
Reflective and Complex 92%
People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 92 percentile. This score is very high

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they're not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.

Edgy & Aggressive 43%
People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Alternative, Rock, and Heavy Metal music. On the Edgy & Aggressive Dimension you fell in the 43 percentile. This score is moderate.

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the edgy and aggressive music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension don't get their kicks on skydiving or rock climbing. They tend to be friendly, less assertive than the average person, and conventional. They tend to place a lot of importance on family security, salvation, and tranquility. When they're not listening to music, watching television, or reading a book, they probably enjoy watching a dramatic movie, major motion picture, romance movie, or classic film.

Fun & Simple 33%
People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Pop, Religious, Country, and Soundtrack music. On the Fun & Simple Dimension you fell in the 33 percentile. This score is quite low.

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the fun and simple music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to introverted, unconventional, and artistic. When it comes to morals and values, chances are that they lean toward the liberal side, and consider beauty and inner harmony important principles in life. When selecting a movie to watch, they prefer suspense movies, cult movies, or foreign films.

Energetic & Upbeat 18%
People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Hip-hop, Rap, Funk, Soul, and Electronic music. On the Energetic & Upbeat Dimension you fell in the 18 percentile. This score is very low.

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be introverted, less assertive than the average person, and detail oriented. As for politics and values, they tend to lean to the conservative side, and value intellect, ambition, and high art. When it comes to lifestyle, low scorers on the energetic and upbeat dimension often come from the middle and upper classes. When they're not reading, they're probably watching a romance movie, classic film, or western movie.

92 % enjoys reflective and complex music
81 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
25 % enjoys fun and simple music
12 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

skimpit

41% reflective and complex
43% edgy and aggressive
41% fun and simple
26% energetic and upbeat

Apparently I don't like anything. *insert that Japanese shrug emoticon* I think there is some truth to that...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
15 % 15 % enjoys reflective and complex music
11 % 11 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
6 % 6 % enjoys fun and simple music
75 % 75 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

People with high scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be extraverted, relaxed, romantic, creative, and physically active. Friendships, freedom, and social recognition provide their lives with meaning and guidance. For a good party, fans of energetic and upbeat music, are the ones to call. Compared to people who do not like energetic and upbeat music, they tend to enjoy watching action movies, science fiction movies, gangster/mobster movies, comedy movies, and erotic films.

gangster.

Hahaha

I guess the aggressive and edgy could be higher... but rock music sounds all the same to me, so it's quite boring.

Hip-hop/rap/r&b/electronic music keeps evolving and changing ways exploring how far music can go.. just like classical.. I think people should take advantage of the plethora of sounds.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
94% - enjoys reflective and complex music
92% - enjoys edgy and aggressive music
50% - enjoys fun and simple music
2% - enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Detailed results:
Results - About Your Music Personality, based on Personality Psychology Quiz

I feel like most of these traits could be relatable to anyone, regardless of what music gets their toes tapping. Different genres of music elicit different emotional responses for a host of bio/psycho/social reasons. Definitions for certain terms [such as what’s ‘energetic’ or ‘fun’] are highly subjective, too.

I enjoy practically everything to some extent, though I do have my own favorites. Hard for me to strongly dislike a lot of what’s out there. I appreciate human expression through music, even if it doesn’t all personally tickle my temporal. It doesn’t have to.

If nothing else, this cute little test is a nice representation of how complex both music & the human personality are. Can’t always distill everything down enough to fit into neatly labeled packages.

This test also brings to mind a fantastic RadioLab episode I’ve been spamming forum with since I first heard it, 5+ yrs ago.
Musical Language
- Radiolab

New York Public Radio Popup Player

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
96 % enjoys reflective and complex music
17 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
67 % enjoys fun and simple music
66 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

I was maybe a bit too optimistic on some, also not an expert on what falls under what genre.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One thing I’d like to add is that electronic music can easily satisfy all those 4 categories I mean easily. Not just theoretically, I mean practically and thousands of examples. It’s simply too broad of a genre.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
65% reflective/complex
2% edgy/aggressive
19% fun/simple
18% energetic/upbeat

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
57 % enjoys reflective and complex music
92 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
19 % enjoys fun and simple music
1 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Alternative, Rock, and Heavy Metal music. On the Edgy & Aggressive Dimension you fell in the 92 percentile. This score is very high.

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the edgy and aggressive music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension tend to enjoy taking risks and engaging in thrilling experiences. They also tend to be dominant, imaginative, and energetic. They tend to be politically liberal, and believe that freedom, independence, and excitement are important aspects of life. When it comes to lifestyle, lovers of edgy and aggressive music, tend to come from the middle to lower classes. As for media entertainment, they're likely to enjoy watching action, science fiction, fantasy, war, and horror movies.

Enneagram
9w1
I mostly listen to Electronica nowadays.

rzMvPnQ.png

Their descriptions say I'm conservative, liberal, introverted, and extroverted!

XxShadoWolfxX

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
57 % enjoys reflective and complex music
73 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
9 % enjoys fun and simple music
18 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

That's pretty much me, although my Reflective and complex music description seems to contradict my Energetic and Upbeat music description

Maybe

MBTI Type
Ixxp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
78 % enjoys reflective and complex music
4 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
33 % enjoys fun and simple music
26 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

I'm not a fan of the edgy and aggressive music, however I listen to most genres of music.

Personality description is more or less accurate. Would be interesting if they put the results from the 2nd part of the test and correlated it with the results.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
65 % enjoys reflective and complex music
43 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
25 % enjoys fun and simple music
26 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Edgy and aggressive.

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
84 % enjoys reflective and complex music
24 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
19 % enjoys fun and simple music
45 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

They got the "reflexive and complex music" right. It's easy for me to fall in love with it. Although the "fun and simple" one is a bit inaccurate, due to the fact it's so easy to make "fun and simple" music that people are literally only doing it for money. I feel as though I would have swapped "edgy and aggressive" music (since those usually kill my ears before I get to hear them and yes, I listen with headphones) with "fun and simple" if myself 5-minutes-ago wasn't so bias about it. They got the "energetic and upbeat" music right as well.

People with low scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension don't get their kicks on skydiving or rock climbing.
Rock climbing is my second favorite sport behind roller skating! What are you talking about?!

Link so I can go back to it: Results - About Your Music Personality, based on Personality Psychology Quiz

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
41 %
enjoys reflective and complex music

33 %
enjoys edgy and aggressive music

74 %
enjoys fun and simple music

66 %
enjoys energetic and upbeat music

The descriptions of these results make me sound more likeable than I actually am. Some parts were just untrue.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry about potato

QufapT9.png