First 123

Senior Member Pessimistic Hippie's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    461 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I agree with some others here; astrology doesn't need to be debunked because astrology in itself has never been...bunked.

It's fun for me but I'm well aware that 2 completely different people can both think they fit the Leo description and so forth. I've actually had people tell me I'm not "a real Scorpio," whatever the hell that means. Those types of people definitely take it too far.
    ╔⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ╗
    4w5 6w7 1w2
    true neutral
    melancholic

╚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╝
    t: pessimistic-hippie

Quote Originally Posted by Bacopa View Post
    Does it really need to be debunked? It's like flat Earth theory
    It needs to be debunked because astrology is really important.

Astrology is really important because it is the oldest religion, astrology is the ur-religion on which the subsequent religions ore based. So by debunking astrology, we debunk religion, and by believing in astrology, we validate belief in religion.

The core business of religion is entrancement. All religions entrance their followers, and astrology is no exception. Of course entrancement is is very pleasant, and provides a refuge from a demanding world.

When we are entranced, our critical mind goes to sleep and our imaginative mind wakes up, so debunking astrology with reason and evidence is bound to fail.

The only way to beat a trance is with another trance, a trance cannot be beaten with evidence and reason. This is the mistake atheists make - they try to debunk religion with evidence and reason.

So it is important to learn to create our own trances, to become a trance designer. A good place to start is, "The Way of Trance", by Dennis R Wier, click The Way of Trance PDF - riffporducalleaufrees6.

MBTI
    hmm
    Enneagram
    hmm sp/sx
    Socionics
    fuck Fi

just no. bruh. Stars dont affect your personality unless you obsess with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCanSir View Post
    just no. bruh. Stars dont affect your personality unless you obsess with them.
    This is what they say about advertising - it doesn't affect me unless I want it to, yet every year billions of billion of dollars, across the world, are spent on advertising, because it works.

They say nothing is true until it is denied, and this applies to advertising and astrology.

Astrology is a beautiful parasite - it gets into our minds, and controls what we think and do, and denying it only makes it true.