• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology - Whats this?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen this video:

It says "True zodiac sign".

So I used their "New calculator", and this is what I get:
o7XUygi.png

While truly, my sun sign is Pisces (Being born on 27 february), and my moon sign is Leo.

This is usualy what I get in regular astrology calculators:
YFoJvJ7.png

Wm5JUcS.png

8M9uX3X.png

So I dont understand, why is in the other calculator I have different signs?

Yeah, It's stupid to ask, but I want know what you will say about that guys.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well, this guy thinks he has a system that works more accurately, is all. You can choose to believe that or not.

Here is a bit of what he says about your "type":

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't work out for me. Bad description. Doesn't fit.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The new one you tried is Vedic astrology (as in, from India).

Vedic astrology often bases its charts off the sidereal system, which shifts the signs by about 21 days at the current time (what is Aries is Western astrology often becomes Pisces in Vedic astrology, what is Pisces often becomes Aquarius, what is Aquarius often becomes Capricorn, etc)

The sidereal system (Vedic) uses the stars as they actually appear in the sky at the time of your birth, whereas the tropical system (Western) uses the stars as they appeared in the sky at the time all this stuff was being discovered (~2500+ yrs ago).

While the sidereal system's method makes sense to me, I actually find that the tropical system produces accurate results, while the sidereal system does not.

For this reason, I would recommend using the tropical system, but also that you use whichever system you find produces the more accurate results (if you were Indian, or from somewhere in the region, with a historical tie to the subcontinent [Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc], I might recommend using the sidereal system).

The reason the two systems differ is that the stars slowly shift in the night's sky over the years (as in, what stars appear in the sky on February 21st in 500 BC are not the same as the ones that appear in 2000 AD - they shift by ~21 degrees during that period), due to what's called the procession of the equinoxes.

Iirc, it's caused by the earth's "wobble" on its axis (the earth is tilted, relative to the solar system's plane, as well as the galaxy's plane).

That tilt, which is 23.5 degrees, is a what causes the seasons.

No tilt, no seasons; more tilt, more extreme seasons.

The thing is, that tilt "wobbles".

main-qimg-bc3b5688f8ec0f30f7823b47576d1341-c

It takes 26,000 yrs for one of those wobbles to go full circle.

What this means is that in 13000 yrs, the months we think of as the summer months will have slowly transitioned to become the winter months (and vice versa), and the months we think of as the fall months will have slowly transitioned to become the spring months (and vice versa) (hence, the name "procession of the equinoxes").

This is also what the Mayan long calendar is based on.

The reason for all the hoopla in 2012 was that the Mayan long calendar was coming to an end (which happens every 26,000 yrs), meaning the earth's wobble was bringing us into alignment with the center of our galaxy (which only happens once every 26,000 yrs). The Mayans believed this marks the end of one phase of the world, and the beginning of another.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I'm a double-Aries sun/moon born in the Year of the Tiger, yet I have very low self-confidence so none of the descriptions ring true for me at all. For that reason I've never believed much in any astrology system.

astrotheologian

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vedic Astrology is less accurate as far as I'm concerned. (I've been studying Astrology for years, since a child.) I'd say western Astrology is more accurate so you are definietly a Pisces Sun. (Will/Ego)

Mole

Permabanned
Astrology is powerful because it is the ur-religion, astrology is the original religion on which all other religions are built, such as christianity, where the twelve signs of the zodiac become the twelve disciples, click on Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship - YouTube

And so astrology is the key to understanding religion and religions. And as astrology is enchanting and entrancing, so all the other religions are enchanting and entrancing. However in the 18th century in the West, we started to wake up with evidence and reason, and so created the modern world. And naturally many of us took it ill to be woken so rudely from our entrancement, and so in reaction we turned back to the delights of astrology, and back to enchantment and entrancement. And who can blame us?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
here's a useful tip:

Western Astrology is your current life

Vedic/Sidereal astrology was your past life.

At least that's how I heard it. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
Not one Astronomy Department, in any university in the world, teaches astrology. Why is that?

shriniwasguruji

A real Vedic astrology prediction is a combination of science, mathematics, spirituality & personal integrity. Their well trained & disciplined astrologer reads the natal charts and predicts accurately on various aspects of the customer's life. For better & accurate predictions, do visit : Shri Bhavani Mata Astro Center, Mumbai

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But just for fun, I am a Virgo Sun, Aquarius rising, and a Scorpio Moon.

If you were going to include the Mercury sign, I would be a Virgo Sun and Mercury, and a Scorpio Moon.