User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    I'm curious if others share similar results, where the Self and Persona are close to identical...
    I don't really understand how a test could determine the qualities of your Self when the Self is mostly unconscious. Ego, maybe.

--

The Explorer

You're the explorer! According to Jung we can find this archetype in many myths and fairy tales. You're a restless nomad, always full of wanderlust. You see life as one big adventure and you're always planning your next move. This archetype thirsts for new experiences and new people. You're independent, adaptable, ambitious and true to yourself. Your sense of adventure is your greatest strength, but you may risk wondering aimlessly and you may find it difficult to choose a direction. Channel your adventurous spirit into something productive!

--

@Zhaylin my "Self" and "Persona" were fairly similar in each. 3 of the top 4 archetypes were overlapping. Though there was only a 6%/8% spread in scores from highest to lowest so I don't know how seriously to take the results.

Also 3 or 4 of my top 4 archetypes were the same as yours which is interesting.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I forgot to add that I was the Sage in the OP's link

Legion, I see you're INFJ? Perhaps that's the reason for our similar results....
    Which makes me wonder if the Archetypes work that way in a general sense.
    Like, would "I's" turn out more as Sages and "E's" as Jokers or some such?
    When I wake up, I'm going to have to scour this topic more closely lol

(The Archetype test is what lead me to this site in a round about way. I was googling what this and that meant, which eventually gave me a link to here )

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    I forgot to add that I was the Sage in the OP's link

Legion, I see you're INFJ? Perhaps that's the reason for our similar results....
    Which makes me wonder if the Archetypes work that way in a general sense.
    Like, would "I's" turn out more as Sages and "E's" as Jokers or some such?
    When I wake up, I'm going to have to scour this topic more closely lol

(The Archetype test is what lead me to this site in a round about way. I was googling what this and that meant, which eventually gave me a link to here )
    My results actually surprised me in light of my INFJ typing. My lowest two scores were Great Mother and Magician which both sounded pretty N-ish.

But if you think about it... an INFJ at my age is unlikely to be focusing on developing a function higher in their stack than Ti because the Ni and Fe become conscious early on... so I don't know whether the results were something I would have related to 15 years ago or would relate to 15 years from now. It might reflect my current phase of life, and one's current phase generally isn't the same as their personality type, if that makes sense.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

eh

The Caregiver
    The
    You're the caregiver! Jung identified this archetype in many goddesses and female role models throughout history. You're the mother figure: the selfless caregiver and helper. Everyone comes to you for advice. You truly love others as yourself and your greatest fear is selfishness and ingratitude. You manifest compassion and generosity. A Jungian psychologist would tell you to be careful not to be taken advantage of and never let yourself play the martyr.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

You're the sage! According to Carl Jung, the sage represents wisdom and the search for truth. You are wise beyond your years, patient and a deep thinker. You're driven by a thirst for knowledge. One of your greatest fears is being ignorant, misled, or duped. You're incredibly intelligent but you risk over analyzing until you're incapable of actually making a decision. You're an old soul and wise beyond your years, but Jung would tell you don't get lost in the clouds!

this quiz made me lol.