• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Jungian Archetype Quiz

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm curious if others share similar results, where the Self and Persona are close to identical...

I don't really understand how a test could determine the qualities of your Self when the Self is mostly unconscious. Ego, maybe.

--

The Explorer

You're the explorer! According to Jung we can find this archetype in many myths and fairy tales. You're a restless nomad, always full of wanderlust. You see life as one big adventure and you're always planning your next move. This archetype thirsts for new experiences and new people. You're independent, adaptable, ambitious and true to yourself. Your sense of adventure is your greatest strength, but you may risk wondering aimlessly and you may find it difficult to choose a direction. Channel your adventurous spirit into something productive!

--

[MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION] my "Self" and "Persona" were fairly similar in each. 3 of the top 4 archetypes were overlapping. Though there was only a 6%/8% spread in scores from highest to lowest so I don't know how seriously to take the results.

Also 3 or 4 of my top 4 archetypes were the same as yours which is interesting.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I forgot to add that I was the Sage in the OP's link :)

Legion, I see you're INFJ? Perhaps that's the reason for our similar results....
Which makes me wonder if the Archetypes work that way in a general sense.
Like, would "I's" turn out more as Sages and "E's" as Jokers or some such?
When I wake up, I'm going to have to scour this topic more closely lol

(The Archetype test is what lead me to this site in a round about way. I was googling what this and that meant, which eventually gave me a link to here :wubbie: :yay:)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I forgot to add that I was the Sage in the OP's link :)

Legion, I see you're INFJ? Perhaps that's the reason for our similar results....
Which makes me wonder if the Archetypes work that way in a general sense.
Like, would "I's" turn out more as Sages and "E's" as Jokers or some such?
When I wake up, I'm going to have to scour this topic more closely lol

(The Archetype test is what lead me to this site in a round about way. I was googling what this and that meant, which eventually gave me a link to here :wubbie: :yay:)

My results actually surprised me in light of my INFJ typing. My lowest two scores were Great Mother and Magician which both sounded pretty N-ish.

But if you think about it... an INFJ at my age is unlikely to be focusing on developing a function higher in their stack than Ti because the Ni and Fe become conscious early on... so I don't know whether the results were something I would have related to 15 years ago or would relate to 15 years from now. It might reflect my current phase of life, and one's current phase generally isn't the same as their personality type, if that makes sense.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
eh

The Caregiver
The
You're the caregiver! Jung identified this archetype in many goddesses and female role models throughout history. You're the mother figure: the selfless caregiver and helper. Everyone comes to you for advice. You truly love others as yourself and your greatest fear is selfishness and ingratitude. You manifest compassion and generosity. A Jungian psychologist would tell you to be careful not to be taken advantage of and never let yourself play the martyr.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're the sage! According to Carl Jung, the sage represents wisdom and the search for truth. You are wise beyond your years, patient and a deep thinker. You're driven by a thirst for knowledge. One of your greatest fears is being ignorant, misled, or duped. You're incredibly intelligent but you risk over analyzing until you're incapable of actually making a decision. You're an old soul and wise beyond your years, but Jung would tell you don't get lost in the clouds!

this quiz made me lol.

Kaneda

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Caregiver

You're the caregiver! Jung identified this archetype in many goddesses and female role models throughout history. You're the mother figure: the selfless caregiver and helper. Everyone comes to you for advice. You truly love others as yourself and your greatest fear is selfishness and ingratitude. You manifest compassion and generosity. A Jungian psychologist would tell you to be careful not to be taken advantage of and never let yourself play the martyr.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Ruler

You're the ruler! Jung identified this archetype in many myths. Think of Zeus, "Father of the gods". You're a control freak that desires success and order. You're self-confident, self-relent, and extremely capable. You love looking out for your loved ones, and you'd make a great mentor. Your strength lies in your ability to assume responsibility and authority. Be careful, however, not too be too overbearing and pushy. In the end, you can't control everything!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Explorer

You're the explorer! According to Jung we can find this archetype in many myths and fairy tales. You're a restless nomad, always full of wanderlust. You see life as one big adventure and you're always planning your next move. This archetype thirsts for new experiences and new people. You're independent, adaptable, ambitious and true to yourself. Your sense of adventure is your greatest strength, but you may risk wondering aimlessly and you may find it difficult to choose a direction. Channel your adventurous spirit into something productive!

(I was torn between NatGeo and Foreign Policy for the magazines, but I got the same result.)

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Sage - You're the sage! According to Carl Jung, the sage represents wisdom and the search for truth. You are wise beyond your years, patient and a deep thinker. You're driven by a thirst for knowledge. One of your greatest fears is being ignorant, misled, or duped. You're incredibly intelligent but you risk over analyzing until you're incapable of actually making a decision. You're an old soul and wise beyond your years, but Jung would tell you don't get lost in the clouds!

---------

At the risk of sounding conceited, I think it's maybe like 80% accurate.

And apparently I'm least like the Explorer. At least I have an excuse for my laziness now

KnowWonder

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The Sage

You're the sage! According to Carl Jung, the sage represents wisdom and the search for truth. You are wise beyond your years, patient and a deep thinker. You're driven by a thirst for knowledge. One of your greatest fears is being ignorant, misled, or duped. You're incredibly intelligent but you risk over analyzing until you're incapable of actually making a decision. You're an old soul and wise beyond your years, but Jung would tell you don't get lost in the clouds!

Well, ... I like to ponder philosophical questions but I'm really more of a neophyte than a sage.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Caregiver

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Explorer

FlamingSword

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Rebel

You're the Rebel! You see injustice everywhere and you want to shake up the entire system! According to Jungian psychologists, this type believes rules are made to be broken and is driven by the desire to shock and provoke people. You're deeply principled but you're a free spirit with few boundaries. You have the potential to really change things, but don't be so extreme. Reign in your rebellious spirit and you'll see how much impact you can really make!

Sounds like ENP. ;)