• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psyche-Yoga

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is copied from The16types, this is quite interesting imo.

Psyche Yoga was first created by Alexander Afanasyev to effectively describe human nature to basic and evident axioms, understanding how people have preferences in their physical, mental, emotional and personal realms, which have a substantial impact on themselves and the world around them. The relationship between the conscious and subconscious is a unique and fascinating area of ​​psychology.The very essence of yoga is to passively awaken the subconscious, to make the unobserved areas of your mind, active and conscious. A psychologically self-limited subconscious, maintains bodily functions unconsciously at a predetermined level from the beginning. Therefore, Psyche-Yoga was designed to be a typology system that focused solely on the "self" and it's psychological preferences, ignoring sociological and environmental factors that can develop a personality type; while PY types only focused on the individual and who they are, at their core.

Aspects:
Emotional State - “Soul”: The attitude to emotional reactions, feelings and experiences, as well intuitive premonition, the cultural and artistic side of life. (painting, music, movies - everything where emotions play a leading role).
Willpower - “Spirit/Character”: The attitude to personal energy, willpower, power, decisiveness, confidence, desires, adherence to goals and overcoming obstacles, self-consciousness towards other people and to the world in general. Self-control, responsibility and obligations.
Logical State - “Mind”: The attitude to all logical thinking, analysis, knowledge, erudition, as well as opinions, proof, arguments, the search for truth and scientific research for the meaning of life.
Physical State - “Body”: The attitude to all material things; looks, food, ownership, money, reproduction, comfort, physical care and practical skills which are all specific physical actions.

First function:

The Proactive or Dogmatic functions are characterized as result oriented, having excess knowledge of the particular aspect and normally speak in monologues when talking about the aspect. Confidence, hardness, stiffness, caution and independence are key words to describe the attitude the person has towards the aspect of the first function.

[1V] First Willpower: Tendency to proactively take responsibility for their own and others actions. A driven person motivated to lead, carry the heavy load and push projects forward. Very good at overcoming odds, working towards achieving their goals and knowing what they want. Does not take the will and desires of others into account. They excel at leadership, yet they are bad at teamwork, believing that the only way to get a job done well is by doing it yourself. Unable to adequately compromise their own wishes or desires, making them appear rather undiplomatic at times.

[1E] First Emotion: Naturally fluctuates between emotional states and spices up everyday life for themselves and others. Done through an active meeting with their world with a real enthusiasm or passion in their own personal endeavors thereby always acting authentic to their own feelings. They will often act unfiltered on their own emotions, not taking into account the positions or emotional effect their behavior has on others. Can have a tendency to overdramatise a situation and not dealing with things in a level-headed way, thereby blowing them out of proportion and escalating conflicts.

[1L] First Logic: A know-it-all. Readily and confidently provides clear and unambiguous answers and opinions. They are steady, reliable sources of information and excel at giving closure to otherwise uncertain ideas and thoughts from a solid and strong framework. Dogmatic and inflexible in their opinions. Consider that their own ideas are right by default and those of others are inferior. Has a very hard time admitting to mistakes and can pull up an arrogant and unapproachable facade. Will often dismiss ideas not fitting their own thoughts instantly without giving them the consideration they require.

[1F] First Physics: Has a strong idea of their material wants/needs and the state of their physical selves. Combined with a natural sense of ownership and knowing just what they need to enjoy life. Hyper aware of how something makes them feel (physically) and actively take steps to pursue the positive states while avoiding the negative. Overly materialistic and superficial in their approach. Focused on their own pleasure and material needs, which can make them rather greedy and egoistic, and disinclined to share anything. Can also appear lazy and spoiled, by being unwilling to change or make any compromises in their lifestyle.

Second function:

The Diplomatic functions are characterized as process oriented, having normative knowledge of the particular aspect and normally speak in dialogues when talking about the aspect. Flexibility, fearlessness, assurance, pity and compromisation are key words to describe the attitude the person has towards the aspect of the second function.

[2V] Second Willpower: Makes sure the wishes and desires of everyone are taken into account and negotiates compromises to avoid anyone being overseen or left behind. Very inclined to work with others to achieve the best possible results for everyone involved and finding the fairest solutions. Ability to take responsibility where needed, without overstepping boundaries. Can start discussions about what to do on every subject, which will slow down the actual decision making process considerably and can lead to nothing being done at all.

[2E] Second Emotion: Able to act as the setting requires, and empathically takes into account the feelings of everyone while providing space for others to express themselves and live out their own emotions. Has a very good understanding of the mood and can actively adjust their own feelings to match it or manipulate it to fit others without ever losing control or being emotionally inappropriate. Their love for emotional games and prodding in the emotions of others can lead to hostile reactions, due to overstepping emotional boundaries.

[2L] Second Logic: Open minded in the traditional sense of the word and able to freely discuss everything while listening and accepting the opinions and ideas of others, giving them the reflection and thought required. Completely able to tactfully convince the other party of their ideas, while also openly admitting to their own mistakes, thereby enlightening the world. They may endlessly discuss ideas without reaching any kind of constructive conclusion and naturally over complexify an otherwise simple subject.

[2F] Second Physics: Able to show others the beauty and pleasures of life, making them enjoy the finer aspects of it. Altruistic people and material caregivers providing actively for the comfort of others, making sure that the other party is never left wanting for anything. They seek to freely share their own resources, while simultaneously always being open to help others. However, they can endlessly improve their material conditions, which in turn leads to nowhere.

Third function:

The Insecure functions are characterized as process oriented, having limited knowledge of the particular aspect and normally speak in dialogues when talking about the aspect. Envy, timidity, doubt, flexibility and compromisation are key words to describe the attitude the person has towards the aspect of the third function.

[3V] Third Willpower: Nonconformist tendencies and actively (Though not necessarily directly) questions authority, preventing hasty or rushed decisions that have not been properly thought through. Strong knowledge of what they do not want. Flexible in their goals and desires, and are able to change these. Attentive to power dynamics and status, yet refuse to take responsibility for their own situation, viewing themselves as passive victims of their circumstances. Despite having a certain awareness of their goals, they lack the will to implement them. This makes them very quick to give up and they will quickly change course if the opposition is met. Has a hard time refusing authority, but will often not act in agreement with what they may previously said yes to, making them seem unpredictable.

[3E] Third Emotion: Questions emotional displays as well as their appropriateness in given situations. Encourages grounded, level-headed decision making and actively avoids emotional extremes or dramatic escalations. Remaining sceptical pathos and emotional manipulation. Often actively hides or suppresses their emotional states and are worried about others reactions to them. Because of this emotional suppression, they are prone to being trapped in negative emotional states, without actively knowing how to process them. They are afraid of strong emotional expression as they associate that with a loss of control, and can demand such to be kept to a minimum in their environment. The high emotional self-control also causes problems in personal relationships, as they will have trouble “letting go”.

[3L] Third Logic: Ability to remain sceptical of most conclusions and question what is otherwise established as facts as well as the status quo of accepted knowledge. Seeing methods of value beyond commonly accepted reason that may fit the real world better. Using them to reach conclusions that illustrate mistakes in the reasoning of others or the commonly accepted. Due to doubts about their own intellectual capabilities, they are afraid to present or discuss their ideas, often living in paranoia of criticism. Are likely to refuse what they are told based on their own opinions about the matter despite all the evidence or reason seemingly pointing against their point of view. Not attentive to the logic of others and may twist or misrepresent arguments or ideas they’ve heard through their own language rather than how they were initially presented.

[3F] Third Physics: Avoids burdening others with their needs and desires and likewise avoids spending money or energy unnecessarily on meaningless endeavours. Looks for constant improvement of their physical state while being very attentive to flaws or lacking within the material/physical realm. Can often be a vain perfectionist who is constantly unsatisfied with their own looks and conditions. Can often overlook problems in their own physical conditions due to the wish to not impose this area unto others. May have specific tastes or preferences such as wishing for wealth, but they are unable to put any work into actually fulfilling their desires themselves, making it seem like they need to be pampered. Very prone to jealousy and may feel a sense of ownership over their partner.

Fourth function

The Reactive or Submissive functions are characterized as result oriented, having poor knowledge of the particular aspect and normally speak in monologues when talking about the aspect. Indifference, uncertainty, unreliability, hardness and dependence are key words to describe the attitude the person has towards the aspect of the fourth function.

[4V] Fourth Willpower: Very compliant and reliable. Puts harmony over their own desires which makes them easy to get along with, as they generally will adjust to the wishes of others, creating a positive relation to them while avoiding conflict. Good at giving new experiences and endeavours a chance. Very dependent on others and are often indecisive, making them unable to make their own choices. Somewhat irresponsible and will actively avoid positions of responsibility at all times if possible.

[4E] Fourth Emotion: Great ability to deal with and adapt to emotional extremes while remaining grounded and accepting of them, without losing their calm. Arranging their own emotions according to what is being expressed, rather than what they feel themselves which makes them able to easily accept strong personal expressions of others. Indifferent to their own feelings and generally pays no heed or attention to them. May not experience emotions naturally, but confuse those with physical reactions. Can appear very cold, detached or uninvested due to the emotional devaluing.
[4L] Fourth Logic: Open to different points of view and explanations, and using the logic of others to understand their own life without necessarily being personally committed to a point of view or model of explanation. Likewise able to cut short a conversation or discussion if clear answers are not being driven from it. Intellectually dependent and can need the guidance of others to figure things out. May present claims without the necessary reason or rationalizations behind them, as they deem these of lesser importance. May base their knowledge on trusted authorities rather than who has the better arguments.

[4F] Fourth Physics: Able to figuratively live anywhere under any kind of physical conditions without any complaints. No need for or strong attachments to material pleasures and no strong attachment to their material possessions and they do not require much diversity in sensory pleasure. Easily satisfied, yet only hindered by an inability to take care of themselves. No patience for physical endeavours. No idea about preferences in the physical/material world. Only has habits to go from when making evaluations about material linking, thus being quite conservative or unknowing in their tastes.

You can create you type based on putting the 4 functions together. I for example use emotion as my first function therefor the first letter of my type is E my second function is logic L thrid is willpover V and the last one is physics F which makes my type ELVF. Descriptions of types can be found here:

Psyche Yoga

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do practice yoga but ...that's too long to read for me.

Sorry but...could you go straight to the point, about this interesting subject you wished to analyse ?:blush:

Gone

Yay a new system!
Let's see.

Willpower: 2 or 4
Emotion: 3 or 4, tendency towards 3
Logic: 2
Physics: part 3 part 4

*squints*
Allllright...

Well if I put logic to 1 (which I'm really reluctant to do but everything else fits worse) and willpower to 2, then emotion could have 3 and physics 4... LVEF the Einstein... close but no.

OK let's try something revolutionary... Physics on 1 (even though I'm hilariously unaware of everything physical... I don't know the difference between hungry, thirsty and ate too much), logic second, emotion, willpower. FLEV, Epicurus. Better. I like this take on Physics. Not what I expected from reading the function descriptions.

'nother experiment: FLVE? ... nonononono. How can these two be so different?

Alright let's stick with FLEV until I read everything.

Fascinating for sure, thanks for sharing!

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I am probably LEFV

Interesting system

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I typed as LEFV previously, but after reading this, ELFV may actually be the better fit.

Based on the above descriptions, I may even be 3V and 4F.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This pretty much solidifies VLEF for me, perhaps VLFE could be a secondary option. Not every aspect of 1V fits me, but only because I've actively had to put in effort not to be as bad as 1V sounds lol

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Observation: 1E sounds like Fi and 2E sounds like Fe to me.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Observation: 1E sounds like Fi and 2E sounds like Fe to me.

Thanks for marking me on the thread. THis was my post in another thread:

I came here by the forum suggestions thread when I googled for a test on this. Since this personality system does not have a discussion thread that I am aware of, I am willing to discuss it here.

My results were the same as the OP (@Saturnal Snowqueen). BUt when I started reading the profile, it started in a way that was definitely not me... Gathering practical skills, like and engage in cooking, etc... Definitely not me. Then, there were some parts that seemed to be me. At the end of the read, I had asked myself: Had I self-reported that bad? That inconsistent? WTF I had answered? These were my thoughts.

But I had a quick look at the website bars.
I had noticed that there were 4 aspects and 4 attitudes, so the theory did fit the 4 aspects into 4 attitudes. The 4 attitudes resembled a stack, where the stronger is the 'confident' while the weaker is unconcerned. I didn't clicked, I didn't read it, although I plan to do so later.

Then I had remembered that on the test, I did mark something as both being confident and unbothered - it was probably the F thing. And I realized that there is a pattern of me being unbothered about what Im confident at and being bothered about what I am not confident at. I would say the things I bother the most are the ones where I am partially confident at - after I am full confident I just see no reason to keep bothering. Once I get a high confidence, there is always a feel that I had enough. And I remember the question back then were they asked 5 words that always described me... Well, that one was hard, but, although this pattern does not really have a single word to it, I noticed that this is very natural to me since my first memories. So I had just abandoned this typing system because it doesn't work for me! Went 'off'...

But then I had some afterthoughts, after I had closed the computer. I realized that this pattern of stop bothering when I get very confident was actually natural to me - oops, maybe the majority people are not like that! Then I remembered that in fact there are long term cookers who has been confident in their cooking skills for a very large time. And in many fields the same way...
Then I realized something. This 'behaviour' of mine of simply stop bothering what I am get confident at is not normal. Then I had realized as well that this is might be a Ne-thing - after the Ne type gets confident, it/he/she stops bothering and just move. This is what the 'possibilites, weeeee' means. However, I don't fit much the stereotype on that way, because sometimes I need to dive deep and sometimes I take years and a huge engagement before I get confident something - I still don't feel confident enough about typology yet for example. But yeah, once I got the confidence, it stops being appealing, while for other people that might be the opposite. I had also realized that Ne-dom 8 is should be an exception to this. But I think this view is more clear and accurate - instead of the Ne-weee possibilities thing, look so much possibilities and etc.. - explain it as 'when confident, stops bothering and feels compelled to just move on' explain it better. It might explain that if I want to have something where I keep in it must involve a lot of uncertainty... So I will never get fully confident and so I will keep bothering about it. It was a good reflection..

I am going to see the enneagram connections and at least read the type I am closest to by the enneagram connections, since taking the test again won't work anyway. This is a flaw of their theory, but I had liked this reflection... @noname3788 and @mancino might find this reflection good as well.

Actually, I think the unconscious of the author might actually got Jung typology right, or close to it. It was an immense coincidence that after I think I got it right and while Im still writing the explanation and plan to post it after Christmas, this actually really remember how the Jung actual function stack looks like, except that there is no repression of Thinking and Feeling, and E/I is partially ignored - actually, it looks like that that here the first function (now talking function in their terms and not in Jung) is always introverted, while the second is E? Anyway, this system remembers Jung:

- Volatility/Willpower remembers J from Myers and it is sort of absent in Jung, although it remembers a bit of the community (not Jung) Te descriptions.
- Emotions is similar to Feeling, with intuition influences. Emotion on the first position remembers Fi, on the second Fe, as [MENTION=40834]Jaune[/MENTION] pointed out.
- Logic is very similar to Thinking. Thinking on the first position remembers Ti, on the second Te paired with intuition and healthy not much dogmatic (since Te per se is dogmatic).
- Physical is similar to Sensing, but just a bit... Sometimes looks like as if Sensing were paired with Agreeableness from Big 5 on the second position lol.
- The 4th position is very similar to a inferior function in Jung. 4th position physics remembers "S-tardness", same for the others.

But as I said, this has not worked for me on tests at all. The best thing I did is to do this parallel in Jung and import my type from there - which brings me from FLEV (I think? No longer remember) from the test to VLEF or VELF (VLEF did fit me better, actually), since in Jung I am N>T=F>S, with a short N. However, I am not ambitious and etc... as a 'V-dom' is, because intuition simply disappeared in this system.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had a post-thought just again and I had spotted an opportunity here, because explaining the actual Jung typology for someone who knows this system (Psyche-Yoga) is actually easy and the first post works as a Esperanto effect (a language that shorts the learning time of other languages). So, this is a continuation of my post above answering [MENTION=40834]Jaune[/MENTION] but I also shall mark [MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] curiosity since I am going to explain why Ne/Ni/Se/Si/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi are NOT Jungian functions & [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION] as well. And Im going to explain Jung typology in a short way, and I mean getting more and more confident that this is the right interpretation. Please, MODs, don't move this to off-topic because this post needs the context of the first post of this thread. IM going to post a later and more detailed explanation in a few days separated from this thread.

Think of the system of the first post.
Put the aspects Volition, Emotion, Logic and Physical to the thrash can.
Replace these with Sensing, iNtuition, Thinking and Feeling: Now its S, N, T and F, and no longer V, L, E and F. Now these are the new 4 aspects (S, N, T and F).
Take into account the the system of a first function, second function, third function and fourth function, however forget the concepts of the first function being rigid and all else, the second one being flexible and open and all else, the third being insecure and all else. Replace these with the first function as a primary function 'the function that is the most important of all 4 in the individuals life', the secondary function now read as auxiliary function which is 'the function that aids and serves the primary function purposes', the tertiary function takes it as the description being blank and the one you should care the least on a type description, and the fourth function you call 'inferior function' which is 'the function which the individual is unbothered, care the least and sometimes even demonizes it'. Now add a second rule: S and N cannot be auxiliary of each other because they are opposites and both S and N are the irrational aspects (or, irrational/perceiving functions) and they suppress each other, so each time N is in the 1st position, S is at the fourth and vice-versa, each time N is in the 2nd position, S is in 3rd and vice-versa; The same for T and F, except that T and F are the rational aspects (the rational/judgment functions). With that you have basically 16 types (but don't connect them with the MBTI just yet), so for example, NFTS is basically a N-dom, auxiliary Feeling, tert. Thinking, inferior Sensation (or Sensing). Now just replace the name 'aspect' with the name 'function', and read this:

Jung said:
22. FUNCTION (v. also INFERIOR FUNCTION). By a psychological function I mean a particular form of psychic activity that remains the same in principle under varying conditions. From the energic standpoint a function is a manifestation of libido (q.v.), which likewise remains constant in principle, in much the same way as a physical force can be considered a specific form or manifestation of physical energy. I distinguish four basic functions in all, two rational and two irrational (qq.v.): thinking and feeling, sensation and intuition (qq.v.). (Jung on psychological types, chapter XI)

And what I had explained here is called function-types (which are N, S, T and F). Now, getting a little bit outside of Psyche-Yoga reference, there is the idea of the attitude type. The attitude types are just 2: Extraversion or Introversion. The function-types and the attitude types are separated. With this in mind, read this:

I distinguish four functions: thinking, feeling, sensation, and intuition. The essential function of sensation is to establish that something exists, thinking tells us what it means, feeling what its value is, and intuition surmises whence it comes and whither it goes. Sensation and intuition I call irrational functions, because they are both concerned simply with what happens and with actual or potential realities. Thinking and feeling, being discriminative functions, are rational.
[half paragraph later...]
There are people for whom the numinal accent [numinal accent in this context is basically equal to dominant function] falls on sensation, on the perception of actualities, and elevates it into the sole determining and all-overriding principle. These are the fact-minded men, in whom intellectual judgment, feeling, and intuition are driven into the background by the paramount importance of actual facts. When the accent falls on thinking, judgment is reserved as to what significance should be attached to the facts in question. And on this significance will depend the way in which the individual deals with the facts. If feeling is numinal, then his adaptation will depend entirely on the feeling value he attributes to them. Finally, if the numinal accent falls on intuition, actual reality counts only in so far as it seems to harbour possibilities which then become the supreme motivating force, regardless of the way things actually are in the present.

The localization of the numinal accent thus gives rise to four functiontypes, which I encountered first of all in my relations with people and formulated systematically only very much later. In practice these four types are always combined with the attitude-type, that is, with extraversion or introversion, so that the functions appear in an extraverted or introverted variation. This produces a set of eight demonstrable function-types.

So, just filling the first function slots with Jung words on the aspects:
First function:

'The function that is the most important of all 4 in the individuals life'

[1S] First/Primary Sensation: There are people for whom the numinal accent falls on sensation, on the perception of actualities, and elevates it into the sole determining and all-overriding principle. These are the fact-minded men, in whom intellectual judgment, feeling, and intuition are driven into the background by the paramount importance of actual facts.

[1T] First/Primary Thinking: When the accent falls on thinking, judgment is reserved as to what significance should be attached to the facts in question. And on this significance will depend the way in which the individual deals with the facts.

[1F] First/Primary Feeling: If feeling is numinal, then his adaptation will depend entirely on the feeling value he attributes to them.

[1N] First/Primary Intuition: If the numinal accent falls on intuition, actual reality counts only in so far as it seems to harbour possibilities which then become the supreme motivating force, regardless of the way things actually are in the present.

And now the shocking fact: I had searched the word 'cognitive' on the the whole Jung book psychological types digital ver, and found 0 matches. Basically, Jung NEVER uses the word 'cognitive function'. Basically, there are no Jungian cognitive functions. What there are are Jungian functions.

As I had explained and quoted here, there are 4 functions: N, S, T and F, and these origin the 4 function-types. There are two attitude types, which are E and I. The combination of these "produces a set of eight demonstrable function-types". This is why Ne/Ni/Se/Si/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi are not cognitive functions and not even Jungian functions, they are the 8 "demonstrable" types. Everytime that Jung refers to Ne/Ni/Se/Si/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi directly he uses the word type. So, for example, on chapter X, on:
(III) THE PECULIARITIES OF THE BASIC PSYCHOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS IN THE EXTRAVERTED ATTITUDE
1. Thinking
2. The Extraverted Thinking Type
3. Feeling
4. The Extraverted Feeling Type

"3. Feeling" starts this way: "Feeling in the extraverted attitude is orientated by objective data, i.e. the object is the indispensable determinant of the kind of feeling."
The others follows similar patterns, although with less clarity.
So, Extraverted Feeling [Fe], Extraverted Thinking [Te], and so on are all types, but rather T and F are the functions. When Jung speaks of Ti in the passage I am going to put it here, he never refers it as a cognitive function and neither as a function, but rather as a type, like for example "thus approaching him also from the angle of the psychology of the introverted thinking type.". That is because Ti is not a function, its a type. Now with this on mind, remember the discussion (using Ne-F as example) "if the primary function of a person is Ne, then is auxiliary function Fe or Fi?" with quite a long post of [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] explaining that it is Fe, with the internet disagreeing saying "no, its Fi"? Well, the problem of the question is that there is no Ne primary function. Only N is a primary function. With this on mind, read this passage that is a cut and shorted version of the secondary function introduction:
Accurate investigation of the individual case consistently reveals the fact that, in conjunction with the most differentiated function, another function of secondary importance is constantly present
(...)
Experience shows that the secondary function is always one whose nature is different from, though not antagonistic to, the leading function : thus, for example, thinking, as primary function, can readily pair with intuition as auxiliary, or indeed equally well with sensation, but, as already observed, never with feeling. Neither intuition nor sensation are antagonistic to thinking, i.e. they have not to be unconditionally excluded, since they are not, like feeling, of similar nature, though of opposite purpose, to thinking -- for as a judging function feeling successfully competes with thinking -- but are functions of perception, affording welcome assistance to thought. As soon as they reached the same level of differentiation as thinking, they would cause a change of attitude, which would contradict the tendency of thinking. For they would convert the judging attitude into a perceiving one; whereupon the principle of rationality indispensable to thought would be suppressed in favour of the irrationality of mere perception. Hence the auxiliary function is possible and useful only in so far as it serves the leading function, without making any claim to the autonomy of its own principle.

So, Jung never mentions Extraversion and Introversion in this passage because there is no Extraverted or Introverted function. What exists is a function with an Extraverted or Introverted attitude.

In his book, Jung types somebody else and with that we can understand this whole process. Just before leaving the quote where Jung types somebody else (Jung types Schiller), let me explain in a quickly and clear way how Schiller was typed. First, Jung evaluates the attitude-type, so he evaluates whatever Schiller is an introvert or an extrovert. He types Schiller as introvert. Then, Jung evaluates the function-type. He says that is quite difficult to tell if the function type of Schiller is Intuition or Thinking, but he then decides that it should be Thinking. So he arrives with the answer that Schiller is an Introverted Thinking type (by crossing the function-type with the attitude type), which corresponds to the Thinking function with the introverted attitude. Then, Intution is his auxiliary function, so Schiller is an Introverted Thinking type with auxiliary intuition. Here it is Jung typing Schiller:

From various characteristics I have come to the conclusion that Schiller belongs to the introverted type, whereas Goethe—if we disregard his overriding intuition—inclines more to the extraverted side. We can easily discover Schiller’s own image in his description of the idealistic type. Because of this identification, an inevitable limitation is imposed on his formulations, a fact we must never lose sight of if we wish to gain a fuller understanding. It is owing to this limitation that the one function is presented by Schiller in richer outline than the other, which is still imperfectly developed in the introvert, and just because of its imperfect development it must necessarily have certain inferior characteristics attached to it. At this point the author’s exposition requires our criticism and correction. It is evident, too, that this limitation of Schiller’s impelled him to use a terminology which lacks general applicability. As an introvert he had a better relation to ideas than to things [ideas vs things was moved on MBTI to Intuition vs Sensing, while in Jung ideas vs things is on the introversion (idea) vs extraversion (things) side]. The relation to ideas can be more emotional or more reflective according to whether the individual belongs more to the feeling or to the thinking type. (...) By the introverted and extraverted types I distinguish two general classes of men, which can be further subdivided into function-types, i.e., thinking, feeling, sensation, and intuitive types. Hence an introvert can be either a thinking or a feeling type [or a sensation or intuitive type as well], since feeling as well as thinking can come under the supremacy of the idea, just as both can be dominated by the object.

If, then, I consider that Schiller, in his nature and particularly in his characteristic opposition to Goethe, corresponds to the introverted type, the question next arises as to which subdivision he belongs. This is hard to answer. Without doubt intuition plays a great role with him; we might on this account, or if we regard him exclusively as a poet, reckon him an intuitive. But in the letters on the aesthetic education of man it is unquestionably Schiller the thinker who confronts us. Not only from these, but from his own repeated admissions, we know how strong the reflective element was in Schiller. Consequently we must shift his intuitiveness very much towards the side of thinking, thus approaching him also from the angle of the psychology of the introverted thinking type.

Finally, for the resume the most important parts of Jungian typology (this post is taking more than an hour to write and is long but this is the shortest description that I had made so far), I must explain differentiation, or, rather undifferentiation. And using Psyche-Yoga context, it is actually easier.
Lets replace the NFTS (just one example) terminology with N>F>T>S terminology, so I can short this explanation a lot using basic math. Basically, N>F>T>S is an actual function type for an Intuitive type with auxiliary feeling. Oh, I forgot to mention: E/I attitude is only combined with the first function, and I might speculate by deduction for the last one. E/I attitude is not applied or clear for the secondary function. A N function type with the Extraverted attitude just has auxiliary feeling, not auxiliary introverted feeling or auxiliary extraverted feeling - this should be clear already but I just repeat this explanation just in case it is not. So, getting back to the subject of undifferentiation.

A person is an undifferentiated function-type if N=F=T=S, meaning that there is no preferred function. A person is an undifferentiated attitude-type if E=I, which basically means that the person is ambivalent inside Jung typology ('whatever you say about the undifferentiated type, the opposite is often true'). This is what undifferentiation means. A person have an undifferentiated secondary function if N>F=T>S (that example is me).
Now the other thing I need to explain is the important 'terminology' of the 'psychopathology' chapter (psychopathology here does not mean a reference to psychopath as we know in 21th century, but rather means what we understand today as personality disorder).
If a person is a N>>F>T>S, that means that a person has a long primary function. This means that the N preference is exaggerated. So, just as an example, if we combine this with I>>E on the attitude type, we have the psychopathology (personality disorder) we know as Schyzotypal, which are just the Introversion and Intuition characteristics exxagerated, and on that way we have the magical thinking, eccentric behaviours, etc... of the Schyzotypal personality disorder. N>F=T>S combined with I>>E is basically the Introverted Intuitive type 'map' that is used on the Introverted Intuitive type description, what we call Ni-dom type. The Ni-dom and the other 7 types Jung descriptions are actually with an exaggerated description, he acknowledges that right after he describes them in the auxiliary function intro (these are the two initial phrases): "In the foregoing descriptions I have no desire to give my readers the impression that such pure types occur at all frequently in actual practice. The are, as it were, only Galtonesque family-portraits, which sum up in a cumulative image the common and therefore typical characters, stressing these disproportionately, while the individual features are just as disproportionately effaced."
If a person has N>F>>T>S we have a long secondary function, and that actually implies that the primary function is long as well. If a person is also a E>>I, than we have basically a person that is E (100%) E, (100%) N, (100%) F on dichotomy MBTI (on a 4-letter format test like 16Personalities format), but different than MBTI makes it appear so, having so high preferences is actually unhealthy (and how that unhealthiness is is theoretically described on the psychopathology chapter). But it is actually very stereotypical, distorted and unhealthy, so you can think of a MBTI ENFP or ENFJ (but in this example it is a Jung ENFP, Jung J/P and Myers J/P are different and it is not actually possible to fully convert one into another but most Jung ENFPs are also MBTI ENFP but not all of them) that is very histrionic, hysterical, attention seeking, so excited, so yaaayyy, so emotional, so lost in fantasies, each of these are the E-N-F characteristics 'stressed disproportionately'.
If a person has a weak primary function, then the name is short primary function. This person is less differentiated.

The undifferentiated type gets more details when we read a enneagram type 6 description, because type e6 and undifferentiated type share many similarities with the type e6 that the e6 description works as an expanded description of the undifferentiated type and it really aids to understand the undiff. type because the Wisdom of Enneagram book has a way clearer language than Jung (I found out this connection of e6 and undifferentiated type using statistics). Actually, I use the undifferentiated type label because for Jung an undifferentiated person has no type. In this context, I must just quickly state that the undifferentiated type is so loyal to a community that it loses it individuality (its differentiation) to the community. In this context, I must also say that the undifferentiated type was very common thousands of years ago, because it is very adaptive and responsive to the environment and to the community. The undiff. type just responds or reacts to the environment and uses the functions only according to the environment without any personal preference for a function (or for E/I). The undiff. type, as a consequence, lacks a sense of self, and this also connects to enneagram 9. But at the same time, the undifferentiated type is the most adapted type to an "archaic" condition - actually, this is the great type to survive on the forest without much tech, not ISTP, because this type just adapt to the harsh environmental condition ignoring completely her/his sense of individuality. Thus, the undifferentiated type desire is to have security; On a social environment, the undifferentiated type desire is to have support (from the community). Thus, the basic fear of the undifferentiated type is to lose the support or to simply lose guidance (lose guidance means just enter in a condition where the person doesn't know which function he/she must uses for adaptation). The undifferentiated type is reactive (reacts to the environment). Also, people living on very authoritarian conditions are forced to behave like the authoritarian system, thus they lose their personalities in order to fulfill the authoritarian purpose - there is one example in enneagram 6 description of The Wisdom of the Enneagram book which one of the e6s have an authoritarian mother. I am actually expanding this understanding using the enneagram, but in no way I am wrong. The undifferentiated type way of growth is to get in a good condition where he/she can finally having a sense of identity, can finally find an identity. And this is a weakness of the enneagram, since a 6 that finds an identity is very likely to no longer be a 6 but rather another enneagram type, and in Jung when the undifferentiated type starts to differentiate and then the personality starts to form. First, a differentiation of the attitude (E or I) or a differentiation on the function (a primary function), and then later a development of a secondary function preference/differentiation. The undifferentiated type is important because you need to understand that Jung typology is about the differentiation "process" that gives an individual a personality. And it is important as well because most people are not fully differentiated - some, like me, are just naturally undifferentiated or environmental-harsh undifferentiated. So, just ending my post with my own example, I do have a parent that is slightly authoritarian, not much and a grandparent that have clear and undiscussable authoritarian tendencies, I did have also had a trauma on school. Both of these parents are sensors. So, I am a N>T=F>S, however my N-function is a short function instead of a normal one, making me less differentiated. While my attitude type is mostly reactive due to my trauma in school: I start talking a lot if I feel safe. If I feel threatened in some way, as I have been normally on my social environment, I just go silent. I also revised in my life that I never had a preference for T or F - even my own old entries are a lot mixed on that aspect and I use one or another according to demand (reactive), even though I believe that is naturally of my personality. For this reason, I have a weak sense of identity (but its existent), like a e9.

And just to end the post, yup, the Socionics and the typology community got it wrong, the stacks on both of these are wrong because they read Se/Si/Ne/Ni/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi as cognitive functions while N, S, T and F are the actual functions, and James Reynierse (in "The Case Against Type Dynamics"), although in the introduction starts it right ("Type dynamics refers to the hierarchial ordering of Jungian cognitive functions(S, N, T and F), the identification of this order as Dominant, Aux., Tert., Inferior and the expression of these functions in the Introverted or Extraverted attitudes"), justs 2-3 paragraph later starts treating Se/Si/Ne/Ni/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi as if they were cognitive functions when mentioned the E/I nature of the secondary function ("because the dominant and auxiliary are in every respect different, Myers reasoned that the dominant and auxiliary processes provides balance, that one must be Extraverted and the other one Introverted") and also has basically a misuse of the word dynamics (since the stack is actually meant to be static). So basically James article doesn't refute the actual Jungian functions since Se/Si/Ne/Ni/Te/Ti/Fe/Fi are not functions in the first place.
Perhaps the most probably reason why I did get it and people on the 20th century including Myers didn't probably has to do with the order I had read the book. I first had read Chapter X. Then I had read Chapter XI. And I read these with an earlier introduction of what E/I, N, S, T and F means. And only then I had read the rest, and actually I only realized that Jung did typed somebody a few days ago, and exactly observing how he did that I figured out the rest. People who reads the book on the order read Jung's typing somebody else too early while being almost clueless to what N, S, T and F means, with some notion of what E/I means, without any idea of what a introverted thinking type looks like, because Jung simply explained an example before he explained the theory, and you sum that with his very confusing language and communication - Jung communicates like a Ni-dom type where you need almost to decipher his writing that sometimes looks like is written in an old ancient language rather than the language you are reading at. Although I don't think that the persons back then who started to force terminologies that didn't existed with a totally regardless of statistics and the theory, like adding the name 'cognitive' to the functions, starting making up things like 'trickster' function did it with good intentions.

So this is it, and actually this makes typing friends easier based on their tests. For example, [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION] is a N-type with undifferentiated E/I attitude and undifferentiated secondary function even though he recently decided that his attitude is E and his secondary function should be T, even though misguided by bad interpretations he thinks of Ti while show signs of Te as well. His stack is N>>T=F>>S even though recently he is trying to be more N>T>F>S. Oh, I need to say that the tertiary function does not posses qualities when differentiated, they are as present in Psyche Yoga, with 'negative' associated qualities, like a tert. F differentiated means a F that is slightly inferior. [MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] is a 'screaming' feeler, what a such long F, with undifferentiated secondary function with a N/S being mixed, having a F>>N=S>>T, and she also has a reactive E/I as me because of an earlier trauma she probably is talkative when feel safe and silent when feel unsafe. I have been writing too long, but I could figure [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION] well, and as I said earlier I think @Radical Doubt is probably an undifferentiated type except for a MBTI preference for Perceiving, and with that I also forgot to say that a person is undifferentiated inside a system is not necessarily undifferentiated in the other one (although on enneagram the person ends up as a 6 or a 9 or just had typed her/himself as both - as @Radical Doubt did), so, for example, a person that is undifferentiated type is not necessarily undifferentiated type on Big Five or undifferentiated on MBTI J/P, and I had actually realized that people who are realistically too good and kind or too evil are less differentiated and has less 'personality' because it is as if good and evil are functions as well and they work as primary functions where the other functions just serves their purpose. We can think good as Agreeableness on Big 5, and think of a person that is so Agreeable that her/his F, T, N and S are there just to serve Agreeableness as auxiliary, if we take the F components that cross with Agreeableness off. And finally this is it, I had tried to be short. Although the explanation is long, the system is simple once you understand it - and it is way easier than the way we are used to.