• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Karen Horney's Three Conflicts - Which Type Are You? Etc.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aggressive then Withdrawn then Complaint.

Lark

The thing about this is that you could be any of these types from one time to another, Horney at least talked about basic anxiety and neurotic trends as opposed to a sort of fixed neurosis or neuroticism and her work was a further departure from a sort of neurological scientism but I still think its got its flaws.

Also, apart from the fact that you could behave as one type from one time to another your own perceptions could be wildly off from that of others, or they same others could be lying for one reason or another from one time to another, so while I'd consider myself compliant or withdrawing, at least when I'm especially stressed, I know others who'd class me as aggressive, all the time, stress or no stress.

To be honest for about the last year or two I've found that I might feel and think as the aggressive type myself but behave as the other two because I struggle to see the point as most victories are Pyrrhic victories, a lot of the time all part of someone else's game, which you'd definitely not elect to be part of by choice.

Which is part of the reason why I dream of being independently wealthy or some other configuration coming about in my life which would truly put it within my gift to either voluntarily associate or more importantly disassociate from others.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
None of them feels like me, but Aggressive would be the closest one I guess.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Withdrawn (move away), then Compliant (move towards), then Aggressive (move against)

Life does demand you sometimes learn how to properly engage in new styles, however, than your natural preference.

About the last ten years of my life has been a lesson in judicial use of the Aggressive style. I don't particularly like it, but I know how to use it effectively.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Withdrawn/agressive
I will remove myself not trusting you anymore and remove myself from the situation all together , go quiet until I resolve but if pushed , prodded or not left alone during this process I will respond harshly.
Some people do not perceive that I have withdrawn so they just see a lash out and that I'm agressive but there was a period before that where I removed myself even if just mentally from you

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Withdrawn (as appropriate for a 5w4, much less 5-4-9).

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Withdrawn.

Resignation and the Need for Freedom.

"Freedom, not to do anything, but from everything."

Her description captured something fundamental about myself that no other typology has pinpointed.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely aggressive stood out but I do see compliance also. Withdrawn is the least I relate to.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aggressive = Withdrawn (depends on my mood but they're about equal) > Compliant

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Withdrawn and then... Maybe complaint? Neither complaint nor aggressive really resonate?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aggressive resonates with me. The others, not so much.