• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed that Astrology is gaining a bit of steam all of a sudden in some of peer groups, which is hastening my inevitable slide into insanity and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why this shit is catching on again.

Also my wife and I are both Libra and couldn't be more different. So riddle me that.

Because it's one of those things that is fun to believe in, even if not real. They come and go like fad, because once the appeal wears off with logic, people move on or not.

I've personally always been a person that likes to believe in things that are not real, because it makes life more interesting and people more interesting in the what ifs.

Lib

Permabanned
Because typology doesn't rely on your birthday as a deciding input, it's just a description of observed patterns of thinking. If MBTI said ENTJs are born between 12-2 PM, you'd have a point. Also, astrology aims to be predictive, does it not? Typology is descriptive only, with only a general amount of predictive power, if any.
And why are you so sure that there is no observed correlation between celestial bodies' position at the time of birth and fate/personality? For example, there was a study showing that winter babies are more sensitive to cold weather than summer babies, and the explanation was that in many countries (except for Iceland and a few others), winter babies are kept too warm. Since the speed of nervous system growth during the first months is very high, much of its development is influenced by the most important stimuli during this time, the difference between the body and atmospheric temperature being one of the most important ones, thus the whole metabolism, and some of the core behavior, is influenced by it too. Furthermore, the darkness in the first months of the year is also having an impact. Also, every time of the day is related to certain speed of entropy increase, which trigger specific biochemical reactions at specific rate in the newly born. Believe it or not, Capricorn's personality (the zodiac sign for January) as described by astrology, behaves as someone who is wired to prepare and endure unpleasant conditions, while being sensitive to them nonetheless. It is still the movement of the celestial bodies that influences seasons, is it not? Saturn, as second by size in the Solar system, (but also any other close object for that matter) influences the position and movement of Earth indirectly, by its gravitational field. I'm not saying that astrology and its underlying ideas are correct, only that indirect correlations exist between everything, not only personalities and planets.

True, astrology aims to be predictive not descriptive as MBTI, but the similarities still stand and many of us try to predict behavior knowing someone's type. ENTJ could mean nothing because the connection between how you answered to 100 questions at some point in your life is not relevant to who you are in general. It shows a behavioral trend which has as much to do with the current environment, previous history and particular situation as it has with genes, brain, or anything else. One ENTJ next to another ENTJ could be perceived as the opposite type.

That's what I gather. Which calls into question the very idea of categorizing under sun signs in the first place.

I just want to know why the youths are taking this stuff seriously again. Maybe it's because of saturn return.
It is a plus for astrology in a sense that it takes into account the complexity of human personality that a limited classification as MBTI cannot do. I don't see much point to either, but that makes astrology more open for interpretations, and even harder to prove false, hence, the interest in it is more persistent.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
did u notice an increase in the streets of the same car color and model after you bought one?

Yes. And I'm still unimpressed with the fact that my coworker bought the exact same vehicle in the exact same color with nearly identical wheels, only "outdoing" me with a newer 4x4 equipped model.

In all seriousness, your point is valid, but I also think it stands to reason that we don't yet fully understand the effects of energy on developing organisms, or even energy itself.

Also, if you consider the possibility that we could, in reality, be programmed, it would make sense to have several systems of influence on our development (functions, enneatype, astrology type, and more obvious influencers like DNA, subjective experience, etc). If you are going to create a believable existence for nearly 7.7 billion people, you better have it planned from A to Z so that individuality remains a thing.

Furthermore, similarities in personality between two similar people is often expressed phenotypically. Clearly, there are patterns at play here that we cannot yet accurately define, measure, predict, or explain.

Permabanned
Yes. And I'm still unimpressed with the fact that my coworker bought the exact same vehicle in the exact same color with nearly identical wheels, only "outdoing" me with a newer 4x4 equipped model.

In all seriousness, your point is valid, but I also think it stands to reason that we don't yet fully understand the effects of energy on developing organisms, or even energy itself.

Also, if you consider the possibility that we could, in reality, be programmed, it would make sense to have several systems of influence on our development (functions, enneatype, astrology type, and more obvious influencers like DNA, subjective experience, etc). If you are going to create a believable existence for nearly 7.7 billion people, you better have it planned from A to Z so that individuality remains a thing.

Furthermore, similarities in personality between two similar people is often expressed phenotypically. Clearly, there are patterns at play here that we cannot yet accurately define, measure, predict, or explain.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Permabanned
That's the most English thing I've ever heard you say.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed that Astrology is gaining a bit of steam all of a sudden in some of peer groups, which is hastening my inevitable slide into insanity and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why this shit is catching on again.

Also my wife and I are both Libra and couldn't be more different. So riddle me that.

Extremely difficult question, thank you.

Both of you are Libra, yes, but your natal charts are probably too fucking different, if I was to consider inputs such as time of birth, place of birth etc. for they create extremely different charts.

Next.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Would anyone mind explaining my chart if I post it? I tried to decipher it myself but-no.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i’ve been into astrology since i was a preteen, and it’s definitely blown up lately. i think it’s due to social media...astrology meme accounts became popular a few years ago, and people either became more exposed to it or just didn’t want to be left out of the joke.

it does tend to promote a lot of bad or simplistic information on the subject though. people know that their moon sign or rising sign exist now, but they still don’t understand what a birth chart is. i do appreciate that i have more people to discuss it with now. and more access to people’s birth charts :spindance:

I have to say my birth chart indicates some stuff which is unreal in the sense that it could only apply to me. For example, it predicted my profession, sexuality, and other things to a level which is unparalleled. I do not believe but at the same time the results are irrefutable. It is open ended for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Would anyone mind explaining my chart if I post it? I tried to decipher it myself but-no.

Post your chart. I can decipher it Yuu.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Everyone should post their chart, I want to see them!

According to my chart I am fucked for life. I will always be in conflict with myself because one dumbass planets is in the way of another dumbass planet. But it explains a few things.

My grandma is convinced that my rising sign is cancer though. Because it's on the verge of being a cancer.
8Wx6z1.png

I think my chart looks aesthetically pleasing tho. Fucked up, but pretty. I wish they put a score beneath your chart; this is how fucked up you are. Goodluck bich!

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone should post their chart, I want to see them! According to my chart I am fucked for life. I will always be in conflict with myself because one dumbass planets is in the way of another dumbass planet. But it explains a few things. My grandma is convinced that my rising sign is cancer though. Because it's on the verge of being a cancer.
8Wx6z1.png
I think my chart looks aesthetically pleasing tho. Fucked up, but pretty. I wish they put a score beneath your chart; this is how fucked up you are. Goodluck bich!
Well you attract fiscally responsible individuals or individuals with fiscally responsible albeit stubborn friends. You have that going for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Or cheap bastards that love cake.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't remember my detailed chart things but I am an Aries sun sign. The chart wasn't really that accurate for me and Aries is only about half right.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't remember my detailed chart things but I am an Aries sun sign. The chart wasn't really that accurate for me and Aries is only about half right.

Aries is the fire cardinal sign. As a cardinal sign it has 2 qualities: one concerning the ability to "get things done", the other concerning to the ability to survive in the long-term. As a fire sign, these qualities have a "fiery" aesthetic.

Aries is thus, in my view, commanding and independent, thus having the ability to move others into achieving what it sets out to, while also having the ability to go it alone.

--

My own sign, Sagittarius, is fire mutable, and has one quality concerning a freedom of energy, and another quality to do with truth-seeking. It is adventurous and philosophical.

(I would post the full list of signs but I still need to make some changes. This 2 qualities jazz is my own take on astrology, I haven't read it anywhere.)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Here's my full list:

Aquarius: just, assured
Pisces: creative, seeking
Aries: commanding, independent
Taurus: determined, secure
Gemini: entertaining, investigative
Cancer: sociable, dedicated
Leo: noble, centred
Virgo: productive, deliberating
Libra: lively, transcending
Scorpio: graceful, serene
Sagittarius: adventurous, philosophical
Capricorn: productive, perservering

At the very least, I need to change "productive" in Virgo into something that expresses the free, earthy energy better. I also need to change "transcending" in Libra, because the term transcending implies going beyond all of these terms.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Here's my full list:

At the very least, I need to change "productive" in Virgo into something that expresses the free, earthy energy better. I also need to change "transcending" in Libra, because the term transcending implies going beyond all of these terms.

Did you seriously just call me "graceful" and "serene"?
Okay.