• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Apparently there isn't a general thread for this so I'm making it because...questions.

I have a huge-ass stellum in my 12th house capricorn and I wanna know what it means. And like, in general, why does 12th house have so many issues?

And also, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] needs clarification on what's given more preference in chart interpretation: House, Planets, or Signs. Not me, just him.

Also, why the fuck are there so many libra risings on this site.

And also, I'm going to trust that everyone here is mature enough to realize that no one cares about their opinions of validity other than their mother and even then only sometimes.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And also, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] needs clarification on what's given more preference in chart interpretation: House, Planets, or Signs. Not me, just him.

tumblr_ob04tswcfn1sqf211o1_250.gif

á´…eparted

passages
There are a number of astrology thread here, you just need to look around for them.

I don't want to get into deep interpretation, but to figure out what a 12th house capricorn stellium means, you sort of have to holistically combine the meaning of all of it it. Sort of like how being a particular personality type means a whole bunch of stuff; look at how the functions interact and what they represent.

Chart interpretation is at the will of whoever is reading it. Most astrologers don't put strong emphasis on one particular thing either. All three matter more or less equally.

The reason for the preponderance of Libra risings is actually due to math. The way a rising sign is calculated is based on the position of the sun in the sky. The path follows an arc that changes with the seasons, and which hemisphere you are on, and the latitude matters. In the northern hemisphere rising signs spend a longer time at the virgo/libra cusp line. The further away you get from that line, the shorter amount of time is spent. If you go to extreme latitudes near the artic circle, the time spent in virgo and libra is nearly half the day, where as the time spent in pisces/aries is mere minutes. The opposite occurs in the southern hemisphere. As a result, there is a statistically higher distrubution of virgo and libra risings in the northern hemisphere, and the population in each sign beyond them diminishes the further you move from that line.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, why the fuck are there so many libra risings on this site.

I call [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] to assemble with me so we can weed out the mistyped ESFJs out of NFP society by eliminating those who are not libra rising

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The reason for the preponderance of Libra risings is actually due to math. The way a rising sign is calculated is based on the position of the sun in the sky. The path follows an arc that changes with the seasons, and which hemisphere you are on, and the latitude matters. In the northern hemisphere rising signs spend a longer time at the virgo/libra cusp line. The further away you get from that line, the shorter amount of time is spent. If you go to extreme latitudes near the artic circle, the time spent in virgo and libra is nearly half the day, where as the time spent in pisces/aries is mere minutes. The opposite occurs in the southern hemisphere. As a result, there is a statistically higher distrubution of virgo and libra risings in the northern hemisphere, and the population in each sign beyond them diminishes the further you move from that line.

This is fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

I did a quick forum and google search but none of the results were general enough (as in, not attached to MBTI or ennea in some way). So here we are.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chart interpretation is at the will of whoever is reading it. Most astrologers don't put strong emphasis on one particular thing either. All three matter more or less equally.

The part I was particularly confused about which [MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] inconsiderately ignored :)tongue10:) was how the planets and houses seem to have overlap over what kinds of concepts they pertain to. For example, my mercury is in gemini but I have sagittarius in my third house - yet both mercury and the third house seem to pertain to communication, sharing of ideas, etc (or as another example, my venus is in cancer but aries is in my seventh house). So I'm confused about how to consolidate the two - if maybe one relates to predispositions and one relates to the trajectory of one's life path moreso than the other, etc. Just writing it off as "a little mix of both" feels very vague.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I call [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] to assemble with me so we can weed out the mistyped ESFJs out of NFP society by eliminating those who are not libra rising

whaaaat?? are they too?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I still don't know what half of this stuff means but I dig it

Starry

yes :D (well chickpea is for sure...i think starry said so one time)

Yes. Another breathtakingly sexually attractive/physically beautiful Libra Rising present and accounted for.

((don't hate [MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] geez.))

Starry

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

There's a good chance you're NFP then.

Libra Rising IS the Ascendant of Beauty. Yes, Taurus Rising people are also ruled by Venus but here, expressed through Air, the Venusian vibe is (arguably) even more lucid and direct. Libra Rising people have an innate advantage in the symmetry stakes. They also can look eerily good in anything iridescent.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just want it to be known that despite my relative newbie knowledge I clocked [MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION]'s piscean influence near immediately. I'm sure it's nothing impressive but I was too entertained by the accuracy not to boast a little.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Despite understanding the why, I still think there are too many Libra risings in existence and especially on this site. Some of y'all should just...Go Somewhere Else.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I just want it to be known that despite my relative newbie knowledge I clocked [MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION]'s piscean influence near immediately. I'm sure it's nothing impressive but I was too entertained by the accuracy not to boast a little.

Hey y'all, what's happening now?
d8767e35b934c4701f187b398b86f145.jpg

I'm pretty sure I want to talk about whatever this might be. ^_^

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sun Signs

I feel like this thread needs a solid starting discussion topic.

Do you relate to the description of your sun sign? Regardless of if you do or don't, did learning the rest of your chart help or have any other effect?

Capricorn and I have always had issues. Learning that it is also my 12th house and in mutual reception with Aquarius was both enlightening and an endless source of self-deprecating amusement.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] [MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] [MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION] [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=27952]sarcasmsunshine[/MENTION] [MENTION=1180]miss fortune[/MENTION]

That's all I can remember who've mentioned interest or knowledge of astrology

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i definitely feel the aries influence in my personality, though i don't represent a typical aries in a lot of ways either.

sun in aries in my 6th house, trine my moon and square uranus and neptune. my mercury is in aries as well exactly conjunct my DC.

my mars is in cancer which i think dampers my aries energy a bit. libra rising also(venus in taurus 7th house so strong venusian influence.