• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

Starry

Oh wow, that makes me feel a lot better about things.

For what it's worth, my sun sign is Libra and my moon sign is Gemini. Mars and Venus is Virgo. Mercury is either Libra or Gemini. Rising is Cancer, I think.

But.............. I don't put any stock in it.

I totally understand. I also understand about the Astrology...(when I first started looking into astrology I studied it from a mathematical perspective...I just started number crunching and working the equations...all the problems that computers do for astrologers today. And it wasn't until a couple a years later I thought to myself...what the hell made me do that? And I realized that I was too embarrassed. Like, I was interested from what I had seen...but subconsciously had to legitimize it to myself at first or something? When it comes to astrology I totally get those who do not believe.)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Essentially Starry has the right idea. From what I was reading the absence of air elements is equated with poor verbal/written communication, and a lack of intellectual curiosity/ability. The response to this deficit is what I would term as phobic, counter-phobic, and outsourcing: Either ignore and avoid, hyper-focus on a singular pursuit as a point of defiance, or get someone else to deal with it. But in the same breathe they would point out people who bucked the trend (For example Jim Jones) yet not explain how exactly they defied expectation. Reading through my chart I noticed that the Mercury parts seemed to focus on being quick-witted and curious. I thought perhaps it might be some form of counter influence?

The chart is under the spoiler. Thank you for the help.:)

Thanks for posting your chart. I'm putting spoiler quotes around the long response to this question, and the TL;DR for whoever just wants the bottom line. It's not edited (yet), so who knows how close it's going to get to actual English.

I think as long as you’re following what makes you passionate and are generous about what you find along the way, you’ll always be recognized for how bright you are. :)

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Fire and water...Dog gone it Jack, go stand in the corner. Okay Other Jack, my bad.
c8a3482790c741f4b190ae9b7f6896b9.jpg

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm walking my dog and so I'll just address this tiny thing on a "rush" basis...missing air it doesn't equate to poor intellectual abilities (I don't care what anyone says Cobain was a fucking genius). But some sort of insecurity or doubt surrounding them.

Example: there is a positive correlation between (high) IQ and mental illness.

Thanks for posting your chart. I'm putting spoiler quotes around the long response to this question, and the TL;DR for whoever just wants the bottom line. It's not edited (yet), so who knows how close it's going to get to actual English.

I think as long as you’re following what makes you passionate and are generous about what you find along the way, you’ll always be recognized for how bright you are. :)

Ah it makes a great deal more sense now; it seems as though the explanations I was reading were very literal, as opposed to both of your more allegorical interpretations. Insecurity and doubt absolutely; it's one reason for the sparsity of my posts. The interpretation is incredibly interesting, a lot of it cuts very close to home; absolutely something to ponder:). One last question out of curiosity; when you saw my chart did you have a aha moment? I saw this particular point a mile away moment?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So good. :worthy:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm tired. I want my Saturn return to be over. :cry:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah it makes a great deal more sense now; it seems as though the explanations I was reading were very literal, as opposed to both of your more allegorical interpretations. Insecurity and doubt absolutely; it's one reason for the sparsity of my posts. The interpretation is incredibly interesting, a lot of it cuts very close to home; absolutely something to ponder:).

I think one of the issues with a lot of the "cookbook"/generic descriptions of placements online is that it's a bit like trying to explain a pizza to someone who's never had it by telling them the ingredient list. Like, you won't necessarily get what's so amazing about pizza or even necessarily what it is if someone's rattling off about flour, eggs and tomatoes.

I'm glad it resonated and I hope there's something helpful in it. You asked a really good question, so there was a lot to work with. :)

One last question out of curiosity; when you saw my chart did you have a aha moment? I saw this particular point a mile away moment?

On one level, it's like a word problem. Given this, solve for this. I looked for aspects in your chart that might impact your relationship with your intellectual ability, made a list, then tried to understand what those aspects might make together.

On another level, reading is a very intuitive thing. Sometimes understanding kind of comes to you as you work through the question that wasn't obvious at the outset. Even which aspects to select is somewhat guided in this way. There will be aspects that want to be in the mix, even though I don't really get why at the outset. Things tend to unfold in the moment. You show your work as much as possible, and either the person knows what you're talking about or they don't lol.

Last edited:

Starry

Umm...I just got chills reading Rex's interpretations...

I actually did have a *thing* that happened when I was first attempting to figure out that Mercury void thing...and then later when I looked at Mobius' chart...which I feel confident I will also be able to express in a way that gives people chills. <-Ok no. (I'll return in a moment here and edit this post as I just got interrupted but don't want to lose this...)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Something that I haven't been able to resolve about my chart are the implications of my isolated moon and its negative aspects with my midheaven, Pluto, and chart ruler. My initial (and admittedly superficial) interpretation vaguely involved indecisiveness over the roles of the performer and observer but after some introspection, that interpretation seemed too "neat" for something that feels more "acidic". Reconciling that feeling with a sensible narrative has been hard-going and I'd appreciate more knowledgeable input.

The offending element:

Starry

Umm...I just got chills reading Rex's interpretations...

I actually did have a *thing* that happened when I was first attempting to figure out that Mercury void thing...and then later when I looked at Mobius' chart...which I feel confident I will also be able to express in a way that gives people chills. <-Ok no. (I'll return in a moment here and edit this post as I just got interrupted but don't want to lose this...)

Okay [MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In Saturn return, Saturn overs you!
As someone who normally feels under crushing pressure of the themes that rule this planet, I'm a little afraid to imagine what an actual Return could bring.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As someone who normally feels under crushing pressure of the themes that rule this planet, I'm a little afraid to imagine what an actual Return could bring.

Senz and I were actually talking about this recently. Saturn's not like Pluto. Pluto comes around either via transit or through a synastry contact, it's gonna fuck some shit up. It's just how the energy works.

Saturn is much more pragmatic in some respects. Saturn's bottom line is whether or not something is realistic. It can feel oppressive, but ultimately all it's trying to encourage is the most constructive (or productive) energy of whatever it's in contact with. Sometimes that can mean making that planet recognize and work within it's limitations.

Saturn returns are no different. Think of it as kind of like a final exam for the first quarter of your life. If you've been gradually investing in yourself over time beforehand, and are already making tangible steps towards whatever your goals are, then it won't be so bad. People who struggle with their Saturn returns are those who weren't being real with themselves on some level, and have to deal with the pain of letting go of a bunch of things all at once. It doesn't have to be you!

I say this all with the caveat that I have a Saturn-ruled chart, so "embracing the suck" is my basic state of being. :spindance:

I don't fucks with Neptune.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Perhaps you'll be better prepared for it because it's already such a constant presence in your life. Saturn is powerful in my chart but Jupiter ultimately calls the shots, most of the time, so to be honest, I've been kinda blissfully unaware most of my life, confident in my luck and blithely assuming that I'll land on my feet no matter what happens. Before my Saturn return, I would never have described myself as anxious even though I was moving in and out of jobs and countries and had no idea what was going to come next.

2014, Saturn entered Sagittarius and I began to grow aware that I did in fact worry about things. The worries escalated; soon I was chronically anxious. I began to have inexplicable panic attacks.

My actual Saturn return according to an online calculator thing was between January 2016 and December 2016. This was a difficult and draining year for me, not necessarily because of cataclysmic life events but because I was consumed by the conviction that I would have to "get real," that I couldn't be or do whatever I wanted anymore and that I would have to make unpleasant choices sometimes. Objectively, I had a lot of fun this year, I made good friends, traveled a bit, worked on some interesting research topics, and was more social than I've ever been in my life ... but nevertheless, I labored constantly under a sense of sober weight that made things not as bright, not as enticing, not as fun.

What hit me hardest had to do with daddy issues, romantic relationships, and the intersections thereof. Makes sense since Saturn is kind of the dad of the chart. It was unpleasant and continues to be unpleasant but I think/hope I've learned something constructive from it and that I recover my sense of optimism soon.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Saturn is much more pragmatic in some respects. Saturn's bottom line is whether or not something is realistic. It can feel oppressive, but ultimately all it's trying to encourage is the most constructive (or productive) energy of whatever it's in contact with. Sometimes that can mean making that planet recognize and work within it's limitations.

Saturn returns are no different. Think of it as kind of like a final exam for the first quarter of your life. If you've been gradually investing in yourself over time beforehand, and are already making tangible steps towards whatever your goals are, then it won't be so bad. People who struggle with their Saturn returns are those who weren't being real with themselves on some level, and have to deal with the pain of letting go of a bunch of things all at once. It doesn't have to be you!
I think if I have a lesson to learn around it, it won't be about having not worked hard or looked inside myself, so much as having misinterpreted the message. Maybe something about there being more to responsibility than security.

I say this all with the caveat that I have a Saturn-ruled chart, so "embracing the suck" is my basic state of being. :spindance:

I don't fucks with Neptune.
Mine, too! Or least Saturn does something that looks forceful to my chart. I'm only vaguely versed in this, but I think it looks like me, and have been told so by others as well:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps you'll be better prepared for it because it's already such a constant presence in your life. Saturn is powerful in my chart but Jupiter ultimately calls the shots, most of the time, so to be honest, I've been kinda blissfully unaware most of my life, confident in my luck and blithely assuming that I'll land on my feet no matter what happens. Before my Saturn return, I would never have described myself as anxious even though I was moving in and out of jobs and countries and had no idea what was going to come next.

2014, Saturn entered Sagittarius and I began to grow aware that I did in fact worry about things. The worries escalated; soon I was chronically anxious.
I remember when we compared charts one time, and that ours looked really similar except that the bolded was *exactly* the difference between them. :D

True to your account, I've never had any time where I felt assured that I'd land on my feet. Instead, it's been maybe too easy to feel my mortality, on a visceral level - like nothing is really assured, though I do long for as much certainty as I can get.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

2014, Saturn entered Sagittarius and I began to grow aware that I did in fact worry about things. The worries escalated; soon I was chronically anxious. I began to have inexplicable panic attacks.

My actual Saturn return according to an online calculator thing was between January 2016 and December 2016. This was a difficult and draining year for me, not necessarily because of cataclysmic life events but because I was consumed by the conviction that I would have to "get real," that I couldn't be or do whatever I wanted anymore and that I would have to make unpleasant choices sometimes. Objectively, I had a lot of fun this year, I made good friends, traveled a bit, worked on some interesting research topics, and was more social than I've ever been in my life ... but nevertheless, I labored constantly under a sense of sober weight that made things not as bright, not as enticing, not as fun.

What hit me hardest had to do with daddy issues, romantic relationships, and the intersections thereof. Makes sense since Saturn is kind of the dad of the chart. It was unpleasant and continues to be unpleasant but I think/hope I've learned something constructive from it and that I recover my sense of optimism soon.

I think if I have a lesson to learn around it, it won't be about having not worked hard or looked inside myself, so much as having misinterpreted the message. Maybe something about there being more to responsibility than security.

Mine, too! Or least Saturn does something that looks forceful to my chart. I'm only vaguely versed in this, but I think it looks like me, and have been told so by others as well:

I'm glad you responded to this, senz. Alaska's chart looks a lot like yours.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
So I think I found the site y'all have been using that shows dominant planets? What do they mean in relation to me?
attachment.php