• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In all seriousness, I looked at a picture of you and the thought that crossed didn't my mind was that the way you look kind of reminds me of a friend of mine who is a cancer rising (sun and moon Leo). So that made me think maybe you were cancer rising. Which I later saw is what your rising is based on what I assume is your birth time.

I heard from a metaphysisist/astrologer that the way that you get your astrological energies is by taking your first breath out side of the womb. Don't know if that's true but it sort of makes sense.

How far off do you suspect your birth time to be? Not sure why you/your parents don't trust the doctors.

Questioning whether or not your birth time is right is one thing, but the rest of what you said seems like over thinking to me. People's rising signs that I know of seem accurate to me, and that's based off of when they came out of the womb. I don't understand why you feel the need to question it so much. I don't see the reason.

Would you like to interpret my birth chart then on what I had posted earlier?

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Would you like to interpret my birth chart then on what I had posted earlier?

I have no problem reading your chart for you. My problem is that I feel like you know the information that you're asking me for to a pretty decent extent.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you have such a hard time beleiving that what your birth certificate based chart says about you is true? Or maybe I should say, what about it don't you think is true?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no problem reading your chart for you. My problem is that I feel like you know the information that you're asking me for to a pretty decent extent.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you have such a hard time beleiving that what your birth certificate based chart says about you is true? Or maybe I should say, what about it don't you think is true?

The rising ruler of Cancer is the moon. What is my moon? Aries. This moon pretty much lays out the dominant tone of what my life will be like. Do I relate to Aries moon? Somewhat. Do I relate so my Aries Sun? Somewhat. My Aries moon would be in the 10th house, a Capricorn/career House.

Cancers are the nurturing sign of the zodiac. They love to be helpful and make sure those around them. Their needs are met. Oh and since of this incredible Aries influence I have, where is my mars? In cancer. Mars is my dominant planet in the entire chart with aspects and position combined.

So noting even the major parts of this. I should be almost the archetypical Aries. I even have my Venus in Aries. I should be having the pattern almost unapologetically forthright direct and impulsive. Yes my cancer does sooth it down a little by taking time assess the situation. However it shouldn’t be a problem that I’d be okay with competitive atmospheres. Except I don’t. I like being away from it all, a lot. I like to be behind the scenes a lot and quite analytical. Extremely analytical mind you. Everyday I am flooded by regrets, embarrassments, associations with things in my past life even from reading a simple book. My mind floods with it. I am a very solitary person which Aries may definitely be, but it’s not for Aries reasons for the simple sake of independence and I do what I want. I am a very sensitive person and need to get away as I absorb emotions from the environment. I peel behind the wallpaper of things and find out what really goes on.

Aries is pretty much the opposite of indirect looking behind. It just sees and goes.

What I do is relate to my chart is my 7th house. I am attracted to people who seemed to have found their own approach to life, to those of beauty as well Uranus and Venus. I like women who have a plan in their life. That seems like it fits Capricorn women. Although irl I am not really attracted to Capricorn Sun women. They’re not even really my open enemies either which 7th house creates.

I see Pisces people almost everywhere which is odd as well as Leo.

I find myself attracted to some Virgo women as well, although it takes a little bit of warming up to them. I have virtually no Virgo in my chart. Very few Pisces sun fascinate me.

What I am very attracted to is Aquarian women. Perhaps because both of my parents are Aquarians. Somehow their even unique way of looking is what gets me turned on. Very thin but yet graceful.

But I have no Leo in my chart either to explain my attraction to Aquarian people. My mercury is in Pisces. I would have a lot of influence or even a stellium in my 10th house which is in Pisces. I have a difficult time figuring out my career which is also related. But I’m not a capricornic person per se. I don’t plan. I just float.

Anyhow. I relate mostly to the Zodiac signs of Scorpio and Pisces. I’m a Pisces/Aries Sun cusp of rebirth person.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

I feel that your behavior on here, from what Ive seen, is very characteristic of pisces merc. After all, interacting via text on line on a forum, i feel like you're going to see a lot of someones mercury. Pisces sees things in abstractions. This merc is known to have thoughts and ideas that seem very convincing and appealing, yet are wrong. It is natural for these mercs to get confused.

From what's I've seen, your actions seem be direct. You get focused on one thing to a high degree and become fixated on it. This is a Martian trait, Aries as much as Scorpio. I'm sure you know the stigma of Aries to become extremely fixated on one thing. This is very true of all Aries sins that I am familiar with, I feel that Venus in Aries functions in that same way as well for sure. I think its very reasonable to associate Scorpio with an Aries Pisces cancer combo in some ways. I'm sure what to say in response to what you said about your houses and the ruler of the planet in that house influence you? I don't look at that really, I feel like thats a very abstract thing to pay so much credence to. Im not sure I want to say that that is illegitimate entirely, its just that i feel like it should weigh a lot less than your actual placements...

My chart is fairly dominated by Aries Scorpio and Pisces as well and I share a good amount of the traits that you mention. I think that Scorpio comes with more of a sense of knowing, sureness, and finality in opinion from the start. If you've are familiar with any one who has a lot of scorpio placements (my wife has scorpio sun moon and mars in scorpio for example, they become sure about something around the time that they first think it). You seem to have a good idea of what's going on, but you don't seem to have the "knowing" that scorpios are renowned to have. Your decision making seem extremely back and fourth and contemplation with out decision. That its not Scorpio like.

As it relates to scorpio risings, a scorpio rising may not be as certain as a person like my wife, i do think that it is a scorpio rising trait to withhold when there is not certainty. For example, I was very very into astrology for years before I started to tell people. I didn't even start to tell my wife about it (like even the smallest detail) until around the time we were engaged. And even then I let things out very slowly. I feel like this in particular had to do with my rising sign coping with my own pisces merc.

And to touch on what you were saying about the women you are attracted to, that is such a strange an inefficient way to try and justify what your placements are. I think that your should focus more on your actual placements, dont think about houses or aspects, or anything else at all. Eventually work your self out on to them, but I feel that the actual placement is what should be focused on and fully understood before moving on the the next thing. You're focusing too much on what you dont understand. Start with what you know to be fact, try to make sense of it, and go from there. Thats my approach/advice/opinion - for starters. By the way, my intention was not to roast/shit on you so I hope you dont think that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17452]TheCheeseBurgerKing[/MENTION]

I'll stick to my first instinct long ago about Sidereal Astrology using my birth certificate time.

Using Equal houses instead of Placidius.

Mars/Rising in Gemini (appear Arian like since mars conjuncts the ascendant)
Jupiter in Virgo
Pluto in Scorpio
Uranus and Neptune in Sagittarius
Saturn and Mercury in Aquarius
Sun, Moon, and Venus in Pisces (It's been very true in my life, that I tend to attract Pisces Sun women quite frequently)
Chiron in Cancer has expressed my internal hurts much better than Leo has.

qxQBfnl.jpg

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
So you don't believe that western astrology applies to anyone? You completely believe sidereal astrology?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you don't believe that western astrology applies to anyone? You completely believe sidereal astrology?
No just because I said it was for me, doesn’t necessarily nullify everyone else’s.

Please don’t put words in my mouth.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
As far as I know, questions are used to gain clarification. Therefore they don't put words in people's mouths.

And I think it's funny that you're looking at it from just your point of view. Sounds exactly like what a Pisces would do. Doesn't sound Aries at all.

It's one truth, it's either sidereal applies to everyone or western applies to everyone. IF you believe that sidereal could only apply to you, that doesn't make any sense.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm apparently Sagittarius by birth but I don't relate to it at all. I also don't understand the big deal with the moon and the sun.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] the ascendant is your outermost energy. Some call it the personality. I like the car analogy, if you are a car, astrologically speaking, the moon is your actual car, the sun Is the way your driving it and the ascendant is the outer appearance or how you've decorated it. Ascendant also influences your interests.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've noticed that Astrology is gaining a bit of steam all of a sudden in some of peer groups, which is hastening my inevitable slide into insanity and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why this shit is catching on again.

Also my wife and I are both Libra and couldn't be more different. So riddle me that.

Permabanned
did u notice an increase in the streets of the same car color and model after you bought one?

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] the ascendant is your outermost energy. Some call it the personality. I like the car analogy, if you are a car, astrologically speaking, the moon is your actual car, the sun Is the way your driving it and the ascendant is the outer appearance or how you've decorated it. Ascendant also influences your interests.

I've always been skeptical and still am regarding astrology. I usually shut it down with a "yeah, I'm an Aries but fuck that, the descriptions are totally off for me".
I saw this post, and I decided to take a look at my moon. Capricorn, apparently. From what I've read, it means having problems with emotions, being pragmatic and whatever.
I laughed so hard, because the descriptions I've read this time aren't that off.

Lib

Permabanned
I've noticed that Astrology is gaining a bit of steam all of a sudden in some of peer groups, which is hastening my inevitable slide into insanity and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why this shit is catching on again.

Also my wife and I are both Libra and couldn't be more different. So riddle me that.
And would like to know how is astrology different from personality types. Both try to classify people based on empirical observations, both fail under scrutiny, both are mostly useless, unless you want to get away with certain behavior.
BTW, the combinations of personality traits in astrology are much more than 16 (or 32), or 12 as you suggested, but rather unlimited. Hence, two Libras could be quite different, according to the concept of astrology, but it is still nonsense, of course.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
And would like to know how is astrology different from personality types. Both try to classify people based on empirical observations, both fail under scrutiny, both are mostly useless, unless you want to get away with certain behavior.

Because typology doesn't rely on your birthday as a deciding input, it's just a description of observed patterns of thinking. If MBTI said ENTJs are born between 12-2 PM, you'd have a point. Also, astrology aims to be predictive, does it not? Typology is descriptive only, with only a general amount of predictive power, if any.

BTW, the combinations of personality traits in astrology are much more than 16 (or 32), or 12 as you suggested, but rather unlimited. Hence, two Libras could be quite different, according to the concept of astrology, but it is still nonsense, of course.

That's what I gather. Which calls into question the very idea of categorizing under sun signs in the first place.

I just want to know why the youths are taking this stuff seriously again. Maybe it's because of saturn return.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what I gather. Which calls into question the very idea of categorizing under sun signs in the first place.

I just want to know why the youths are taking this stuff seriously again. Maybe it's because of saturn return.

i’ve been into astrology since i was a preteen, and it’s definitely blown up lately. i think it’s due to social media...astrology meme accounts became popular a few years ago, and people either became more exposed to it or just didn’t want to be left out of the joke.

it does tend to promote a lot of bad or simplistic information on the subject though. people know that their moon sign or rising sign exist now, but they still don’t understand what a birth chart is. i do appreciate that i have more people to discuss it with now. and more access to people’s birth charts :spindance: