• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Multiple Personality Systems] Dress Your Type (For females)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last week, stumbled across on Pinterest this type-temperament correlation, and followed it to this blog: https://themadisonclarkblog.com/2016/03/02/spiritual-gifts-myers-briggs-and-color-analysis-related. Seeing how there was a partial correlation that matched the way I correlate the temperaments to type, via Keirsey and Interaction Styles, I commented, and the person pointed out that these numbers in the list (which I did not pay much attention to, not knowing what they were) corresponded to the four classic temperaments, and that thus the blends matched mine!

472a78bf65ec561714060565daf1674a.jpg

1 Sanguine (ESF/ENP, SP)
2 Phlegmatic (ISF/INP, NF)
3 Choleric (EST/ENJ, NT)
4 Melancholy (IST/INJ, SJ)

The numbers are in the common order: "Interaction Style/Keirsey", with the exception of ESTJ, ENTP, ESTP and INTJ (the Sanguine/Choleric and Melancholy Choleric blends), which are reversed for some reason.

The four numbers are "energy types", derived from this fashion site: https://my.liveyourtruth.com that are reflected in the way a woman tends to dress (this system seem to be for females), especially regarding the colors. There doesn't seem to be an explanation of the types, but there are outfit "stores" for them, plus some sort of discovery course for them, I believe.

Right away, there's an INFJ in the comments who identifies as 2/3 rather than 4/2 (2/3 should be INTP, and the person says "verified" INFJ), but of course, there are various reasons it won't always correlate. (Like maybe she's a Choleric in Affection, and that influenes it?)
But for those familiar with classic temperament, it is well known that some temperaments tend to lean toward certain colors, like the Melancholy liking plainer colors (including black and gray), while the Sanguine will like brighter colors, such as red. These we can see on the DYT site. It may show how types like the Melancholy/Sanguine blends (ISTP, ESFJ) might go back and forth between plain and showy.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as I know, seasonal color analysis is based on your personal complexion/hair/eyes and thus has no relationship with type whatsoever.

But I think people should wear whatever colors they like and feel good in. Fuck the rules, blah blah. :rock:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a deep winter, fashion color-wise. I have very dark hair, eyes, and an olive skin tone (Tans easily but can be pale sometimes if I stay indoors long enough), and look terrible in warm colors such as oranges, reds, bronze, etc, and look more alive in black, navy, purple, bluish-reds, pinks, and so on.
y.jpg

EDIT: I'm taking a quiz about the dressing your truth thing, let's see what happens!

EDIT 2: I am Type 2, Melancholy, Mercy, Dark Winter. I seem to be all over the place. Oh well!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*looks at type 1 and 2 outfits*

Damnnnn, those could not possibly be further from my look.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ClOthHes FAshIon!!!!

SLUMBER PARTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mwq9u1zHuo1rzb2ggo1_500.gif

tumblr_mq24avwqds1sretbqo2_500.gif

tumblr_mwq9u1zHuo1rzb2ggo1_500.gif

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I am so clueless, :unsure: I wear whatever people wear, and bought some good clothes very cheap. Just to make sure of no creepy eyes round the corner lol. Currently wearing summer blue short and a white top that got no sleeves, but everyone wear similar anyways :unsure:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Interestingly enough, I am an INFJ---Melancholy/Phlegmatic-- Type 4\2 and my coloring is winter, but its clear rather than cool.

I stumbled across Carol Tuttle's Dress Your Truth a while back and realized I was 4/2. I find the concept interesting and [MENTION=3521]Eric B[/MENTION], I'm glad you shared this. I have long believed that such correlations exist, even if not 100% of the time, at least a significant portion of it.

My best colors we black, white and true red. I always get complimented when I wear those three..

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't feel like my personal taste of fashion reflects my type... Just a lot of black, leather jackets, band t-shirts, converse shoes and skinny jeans, sometimes mini skirt with interesting tights when I feel sexy

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Idk if mine reflects my type. I've been told I'm an INTJ for taking intuitive leaps but when others get to know my occasional laziness and ability to use tactics more than strategies I end up being typed INTP. But according to intp they never care about style or don't have any sense of one and just wear whatever. Like it doesn't click.

But I am very stylish. I express my style through my art. I tend to wear gloves, buttoned up and casual shirts, with hooded over it, sometimes a scarf, and casual jeans with boots. Dark colors usually. Lots of black. So I end up being mistakened for a "Rocker". I end up standing out from others for this reason and I don't mind it since it's just my eclectic nature.

But it could easily be my 5w4? I love fashion.. even though I'm physically a guy. Which seems fairly rare. Though I've been mistakened for a female when my hair was long.

Idk anyone who dresses quite like me hardly.

I consider myself gender fluid. ;) if that counts.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure "intuitive leaps" is necessarily Ni over Ne. I guess because Ne is based on the "object", and Ni's coming from the subject makes it appear to come out of nowhere, that's why it seems lieke a "leap". There's also no "never" in type, though, INTP's generally aren't going to be much into fashion.
But both "strategies" and "tactics" are "skills sets" Keirsey associated with the temperaments. "Strategic" is NT, while "tactical" is SP. SO if you're more into tactics than strategies, and you are very stylish, then perhaps you're ISTP, which will be like INTP in being Ti dom. and like INTJ in having a primary Ni (though tertiary)? That's also a Melancholy type on the surface (IST-Chart the Course).

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I have zero idea of what any of these color palettes mean.

I wear a t-shirt or hoodie and jeans every single day. Very fashion. Much style.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was really interested in color systems and fashion systems for awhile.

I am an INFP, Sanguine/Phlegmatic, Type 1/4, True Winter

It doesn't really match up on the chart for me

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1/4 does match Sanguine/Phlegmatic, which would seem to fit ENFP. Is it possible you could be on the E side? (It's also possible that if you're Supine, the higher "responsiveness" (like a Sanguine) would be picked up as "1", and the lower expressiveness (like a Melancholy) would make you "True Winter".

Last edited:

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
1/4 does match Sanguine/Phlegmatic, which would seem to fit ENFP. Is it possible you could be on the E side?

I have looked at ENFP before. I do feel more grounded and settled than most of the Ne-dom descriptions but I may be focusing too much on stereotypes. I think I related to Phlegmatic more when I was younger but now that I am older I feel more ambiverted and optimistic and relate more to Sanguine. The DYT system is also based a lot on your facial features and I have more of a "cute" look which is why I was told I was Type 1/4 or possibly 4/1. I don't really agree with personality being dictated by your physical looks. Most True Winter personality descriptions sound very ETJ and I don't relate to that at all.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I figured then that you might be ambiverted. If so, then do one of these describe you? ("Phlegmatic" indicates "ambiversion", and these variants lie between the extroverted Sanguine and the introverted Supine):

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Inclusion
The Phlegmatic Supine in Inclusion

Of course, type doesn't have ambiversion; you have to be either E or I, and you as an ambivert could be either.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure "intuitive leaps" is necessarily Ni over Ne. I guess because Ne is based on the "object", and Ni's coming from the subject makes it appear to come out of nowhere, that's why it seems lieke a "leap". There's also no "never" in type, though, INTP's generally aren't going to be much into fashion.
But both "strategies" and "tactics" are "skills sets" Keirsey associated with the temperaments. "Strategic" is NT, while "tactical" is SP. SO if you're more into tactics than strategies, and you are very stylish, then perhaps you're ISTP, which will be like INTP in being Ti dom. and like INTJ in having a primary Ni (though tertiary)? That's also a Melancholy type on the surface (IST-Chart the Course).

Hmm..

Eh.

My hobbies are researching anything from..
-the supernatural
-conspiracies
-spirituality
-fiction theories (star wars lore, anime related stuff, game theories and predictions)
-psychology (disorders, commonalities, rarities .. what makes people tick, how and why they think certain ways, ect.)

I am more focused on the unknown (or fiction) rather than the already known and tangible that's in front of me. I am always curious about what 'could be' behind. I am passionate about such topics and sometimes make my own leaps in theories (tin foil hat) latching onto "what if". I would communicate with an ESTJ father whom had a hard time understanding me, and being on a totally different wavelength with the discussion. I notice patterns and mirrors between things a lot. Connecting dots. In order to come to a big picture. But I am not too detailed in the extent of my research so that I can move on to another part before I grow bored.

Physically I am more so inactive. With occasion spurts of activity here and there if I am truly bored. When I am I have done botchy ball, horse shoe tossing, mini golf, lightning (shooting basketball hoops and getting most shots - to score higher than my friend). Some fighting games I have picked up and instantly dominated all my friends without having a clue how to play, when they were more familiar with the game than I. I have these moments where I seem a jack of all trades without any real experience. This all goes downhill when I play a shooter game and suck at reaction time. I am not mechanically oriented, I don't do that sort of thing except with Legos.

Outside of this I have no special understanding or motor skills and don't pay attention to my surroundings much. I'll forget where exactly I am or how to get somewhere. I get lost in my head thinking about a million things, and I hate most physical labor. I hate yard work. I find it dull and get stubborn about it, only wanting to do what utilizes my talents.

When I was young I didn't actually have a sense of style. . but one day it just clicked. Same with people reading .. I use to not be good at that whatsoever. Then one day it just clicked.

I have aspergers however so this may play a part in the confusion. On the autism spectrum.

But hey, I am trying it out to see how it feels.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I figured then that you might be ambiverted. If so, then do one of these describe you? ("Phlegmatic" indicates "ambiversion", and these variants lie between the extroverted Sanguine and the introverted Supine):

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Inclusion
The Phlegmatic Supine in Inclusion

Of course, type doesn't have ambiversion; you have to be either E or I, and you as an ambivert could be either.

I might be more Phlegmatic than Sanguine. I took a few tests a long time ago and got Sanguine/Phlegm but it could be the other way around since I am generally more quiet and not super social.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But do you identify with those two I posted? (Those were links, to temperament profiles of these two variants that might fit better because they're inbetween).

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
But do you identify with those two I posted? (Those were links, to temperament profiles of these two variants that might fit better because they're inbetween).

If I had to choose I related a bit more to the Phlegm Sang one you posted but I don't walk away from my responsibilities. The second one didn't resonate with me as much because I do not work at a slow, steady pace ever.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm..

Eh.

My hobbies are researching anything from..
-the supernatural
-conspiracies
-spirituality
-fiction theories (star wars lore, anime related stuff, game theories and predictions)
-psychology (disorders, commonalities, rarities .. what makes people tick, how and why they think certain ways, ect.)

I am more focused on the unknown (or fiction) rather than the already known and tangible that's in front of me. I am always curious about what 'could be' behind. I am passionate about such topics and sometimes make my own leaps in theories (tin foil hat) latching onto "what if". I would communicate with an ESTJ father whom had a hard time understanding me, and being on a totally different wavelength with the discussion. I notice patterns and mirrors between things a lot. Connecting dots. In order to come to a big picture. But I am not too detailed in the extent of my research so that I can move on to another part before I grow bored.

Physically I am more so inactive. With occasion spurts of activity here and there if I am truly bored. When I am I have done botchy ball, horse shoe tossing, mini golf, lightning (shooting basketball hoops and getting most shots - to score higher than my friend). Some fighting games I have picked up and instantly dominated all my friends without having a clue how to play, when they were more familiar with the game than I. I have these moments where I seem a jack of all trades without any real experience. This all goes downhill when I play a shooter game and suck at reaction time. I am not mechanically oriented, I don't do that sort of thing except with Legos.

Outside of this I have no special understanding or motor skills and don't pay attention to my surroundings much. I'll forget where exactly I am or how to get somewhere. I get lost in my head thinking about a million things, and I hate most physical labor. I hate yard work. I find it dull and get stubborn about it, only wanting to do what utilizes my talents.

When I was young I didn't actually have a sense of style. . but one day it just clicked. Same with people reading .. I use to not be good at that whatsoever. Then one day it just clicked.

I have aspergers however so this may play a part in the confusion. On the autism spectrum.

But hey, I am trying it out to see how it feels.

I see you made your type ISTP, but now you do sound more like an N.
So maybe it is, the AS. That often creates "literalistic black & white thinking" that might be mistaken for S preference (but otherwise, they would be the worst "sensotards"). Then perhaps being stylish just happens to be one of the "special interests" (which would be a nice special interest for an Aspie to have, since it may eliminate a common and most typical problem, in helping them fit in better).
The most common types for Aspies are the INT's.