• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Four Tendancies

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I recently came across kind of a cool quiz about habit formation that I wanted to share with you guys.
FourTendenciesFourInterlockingCircles.jpg

What are your results? Were you surprised?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Questioner

Questioners question all expectations, and will meet an expectation only if they believe it’s justified, so in effect, they meet only inner expectations.

Once Questioners believe that a particular habit is worthwhile, they’ll stick to it—but only if they’re satisfied about the habit’s soundness and usefulness. They resist anything arbitrary or ineffective; they accept direction only from people they respect.

Questioners may exhaust themselves (and other people) with their relentless questioning, and they sometimes find it hard to act without perfect information.

If you’re thinking, “Well, right now I question the validity of the Four Tendencies framework,” yep, you’re probably a Questioner!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Rebel.

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.

Cool quiz [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION]!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Thought I'd get questioner. I'm hardly a rebel and not at all like this description. Maybe I misunderstood the questions.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
Obligers respond readily to outer expectations, but struggle to meet inner expectations. In other words, they work hard not to let other people down, but they often let themselves down.

Obligers may find it difficult to form a habit, because often we undertake habits for our own benefit, and Obligers do things more easily for others than for themselves.

For Obligers, the key to forming habits is to create external accountability.

------------------------------------------------

The funny thing is, this is accurate (though sometimes I still won't get things done even with others' expectations), but in terms of actual sense of identity/individuality I'm more rebellious than this suggests. :p

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Questioner. I wasn't surprised.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rebel

I thought I'd get obliger because I do feel guilty about letting other people down once I've made a commitment, but then again, I resist making commitments and I hate being told what to do unless I've sought it out first.

Basically I have no self-control.

Ingrid in grids

The Four Tendancies said:
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Obliger.

Obligers respond readily to outer expectations, but struggle to meet inner expectations. In other words, they work hard not to let other people down, but they often let themselves down.

Obligers may find it difficult to form a habit, because often we undertake habits for our own benefit, and Obligers do things more easily for others than for themselves.

Yeah, I expected this. I disagree with the last line, though. I think the more lasting solution is to develop assertiveness and a better sense of self-worth, leading to a prioritisation of one's own goals and needs.

I usually stick to my goals if I am externally accountable, but not always.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rebel

yeahh....

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Upholder.

Upholders respond readily to both outer and inner expectations: they meet deadlines and keep New Year’s resolutions without much struggle or supervision.

Upholders take great satisfaction from moving smoothly through their daily schedule and their to-do lists. They meet others’ expectations—and their expectations for themselves.

However, Upholders may feel uneasy when expectations aren’t clear, when they’re worried that they’re breaking the rules, or when they feel overwhelmed by expectations they seek to meet.

They enjoy habits, and form habits fairly easily.

Permabanned
Rebel

I thought I'd get obliger because I do feel guilty about letting other people down once I've made a commitment, but then again, I resist making commitments and I hate being told what to do unless I've sought it out first.

Basically I have no self-control.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rebel

We opposite boo

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I started taking this test but then was too lazy/distracted to finish

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
according to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Obliger.

This is so accurate!