• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Cultural Profile?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really cool quiz! thanks for sharing.

Communicating: Low-context - High-context
Norm: 0.45/15
Me: 6/15

Evaluating: Direct negative feedback - Indirect negative feedback
Norm: 6.75/15
Me: 9/15

Persuading: Principles-first - Applications-first
Norm: 14.25/15
Me: 8/15

Leading: Egalitarian - Hierarchical
Norm: 3.6/15

Deciding: Consensual - Top-down
Norm: 9.6/15 top-down
Me: 10/15 top-down

Trusting: Task-based - Relationship-based
Norm: 0.45/15

Disagreeing: Confrontational - Avoids confrontation
Norm: 6.6/15
Me: 9/15

Scheduling: Linear time - Flexible time
Norm: 3.3/15
Me: 10/15

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
(Brazil)

Communicating: Low-context - High-context
Norm: 8.55/15

Evaluating: Direct negative feedback - Indirect negative feedback
Norm: 9.15/15

Persuading: Principles-first - Applications-first
Norm: 5.85/15

Leading: Egalitarian - Hierarchical
Norm: 8.55/15

Deciding: Consensual - Top-down
Norm: 8.55/15 top-down
Me: 6/15 top-down

Trusting: Task-based - Relationship-based
Norm: 12.75/15

Disagreeing: Confrontational - Avoids confrontation
Norm: 9.3/15

Scheduling: Linear time - Flexible time
Norm: 11.55/15

kirsten

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Wow that was so interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I scored very close to USA (my nationality) on the last one -- scheduling. I definitely believe in linear time (it's the J-type in me...).

I also scored close to USA on Disagreeing... the US culture is right in the middle when it comes to avoid confrontation/ go for confrontation, which is similar to me.

On the other scales, though, I scored pretty far from the US culture. Part of the reason for that, I think, is that I spend a lot of time thinking about my culture and how I relate to it, so the questions were pretty transparent to me, and it was difficult to be objective about myself. But also culture is not monolithic (although it is quite powerful and I'm not denying that).

On the Trusting scale, I score REALLY far toward the "relationship-based" trust rather than "task-based" trust (while US is really far toward "task-based"). That just reflects my personality. I have to know who somebody is, personally, before I can trust them, and I'll have a much easier time working with them if we've gotten to know each other and broken the ice. If I'm not familiar with someone's personality, or we haven't really engaged personally, I have a hard time talking to them, and I usually just kind of ignore them.

I also scored close to the "hierarchical" end rather than "egalitarian", even though US culture is egalitarian. I think that reflects the fact that I am always aware of who other people are, what their stance is, what their position is, and I will treat them differently based on what I feel to be their role in the group. I can't help it... it's just something I do.

The Persuading one is interesting ("principals first" vs. "application first") -- it actually reflects something that really annoys me about American culture. The way that as soon as some kind of new idea is presented, everyone immediately goes "but is it useful?" "how can it be used in business?" "how can you profit off it?" "why would I waste time thinking about it if it's not going to benefit me personally?"
I scored high on "principals first", because I really truly love ideas for their own sake, and I hate the idea that everything has to have a purpose or a monetary value.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Communicating
Norm: 0.45/15 (what the hell though)

Evaluating
Norm: 6.75/15