• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perhaps Oldham's Personality Styles can help my typing process

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Copied from starri on personalitycafe:

I relate extremely closely with both the idiosyncratic and inventive types. Also, quite closely with the self-confident type. What I gather from such, is that I must be xNTP. I relate to being either a 4w5 or a 4w3. So the idiosyncratic and inventive types seem equally likely.

Some points:
Function: Introverted Intuition
I do relate with both introverted and extroverted intuition. Is the suggestion here with Ni's relation to the INTP that there is an unseen Ni at work with them? Why is Ni more characteristic of the idiosyncratic type than of the inventive type (which is classified as being linked to Ne)?

not like anyone else. They are dreamers, seekrs of the spirit, visionaries, mystics. They march to a distinctive beat, different from the conventional rhythms that most people follow. They are true originals and often they stand out, sometimes as eccentrics, sometimes as geniuses.
# Inner life. Idiosyncratic individuals are tuned in to and sustained by their own feelings and belief systems, whether or not others accept or understand their particular worldview or approach to life.
# Own world. They are self-directed and independent, requiring few close relationships.

I relate perfectly to all of this. I'm highly individualism and tuned into my own feelings/belief system. This is something I have mistook as being high Fi. (Similar case: [INTP] INTP with high Fi (type 4w5)) I am not easily motivated by acquiring new relationships, and believe that people should act on their own accord. At the same time, I am easily moved by interactions of great beauty between individuals (expressive of great love or passion) but also can get furious if I feel that things such as my intelligence, individuality, etc. are being questioned, ignored, or attacked. Obviously, this is a large part of what had lead me to consider INFP as a possibility.

# Own thing. Oblivious to convention, Idiosyncratic individuals create interesting, unusual, often eccentric lifestyles.
# Expanded reality. Open to anything, they are interested in the occult, the extrasensory, and the supernatural.
# Metaphysics. They are drawn to abstract and speculative thinking.
# Outward view. Though they are inner-directed and follow their own hearts and minds, Idiosyncratic men and women are keen observers of others, particularly sensitive to how other people react to them.

I'm extremely eccentric and unusual. I go out of my way to do things separate from others and find ways of making it more efficient, artistic, expressive, interesting, etc. I'm a lot more sensitive of how others view me than a typical classification of an INTP, which is odd considering I don't feel the need to associate with many people. Generally, I will only do so if I think that they're particularly competent or will help me in some greater purpose. I gather that a lot of these points are combining Ne, Ti, and Fi to a major extent, which really resonates with me.

Thoughts!?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Grey:

Fours and Fives can resemble each other in that both are withdrawn types (PT, 433-36), both can be individualistic and eccentric by mainstream cultural standards, and both can be highly creative. Of course, there is a greater risk of mistyping with 4w5s and 5w4s.
Fives are more likely to mistype as Fours than vice versa, primarily because of simplistic definitions of the types. Some Fives have learned that Fours are more feeling-oriented, and Fives are more intellectual, and seeing that they have deep feelings presume that they must be Fours. (This is especially true with female Fives.) Also, Fives are often portrayed as scientists or engineers while Fours are creative artists. In fact, it is true that Fours are less likely to be scientists than some other types, but there are as many Fives who are artists as Fours, although their styles are somewhat different.
Fours are self-absorbed and emotionally volatile–they express their feelings one way or another, and need people to respond to them in an emotional way. Their artistic work tends to be autobiographical, based on their families, on relationships, past or unrequited, and on the content of their subjective experience. Fives may have intense feelings but share them with few people. Their feelings tend to fuel their thoughts and their imagination, leading them to more abstract or fantastic forms of creative expression. Their work is less autobiographical, and more often portrays their vision of reality. ("I paint what I see!") Fives tend to be more experimental and outlandish in their artwork. Although both types can explore personal darkness more thoroughly than most, Fours tend to focus on their disappointments in love and with their childhoods and their attendant pain. Fives tend to focus on inner emptiness and feelings of meaninglessness. Fives are more driven to penetrate the surface of things to understand, Fours to get in touch with feelings and cathartically express them. compare Fours Ingmar Bergman and Anne Rice with Fives David Lynch and Clive Barker.

This makes me lean more towards 5w4. It even shows in my work. I am exactly like the 5w4 description. INTP 5w4 it is.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Copied from starri on personalitycafe:

I relate extremely closely with both the idiosyncratic and inventive types. Also, quite closely with the self-confident type. What I gather from such, is that I must be xNTP. I relate to being either a 4w5 or a 4w3. So the idiosyncratic and inventive types seem equally likely.

Some points:

I do relate with both introverted and extroverted intuition. Is the suggestion here with Ni's relation to the INTP that there is an unseen Ni at work with them? Why is Ni more characteristic of the idiosyncratic type than of the inventive type (which is classified as being linked to Ne)?
Thoughts!?

Four-letter designations, derived from a simplistic formula, are only a crude approximation of what's really going on.

"I gather that a lot of these points are combining Ne, Ti, and Fi to a major extent, which really resonates with me." If it resonates with you, then it must be the truth.

There are personality systems out there that aren't so simplistic.