• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three Buddhist Temperaments

Chrysanthea

Interesting take on different personality traits, supposedly created by a Buddhist scholar. Also gives some helpful advice at the end, but probably not very meaningful for most. : The Three Buddhist Personality Types: Which One Are You?

Anyways, according to the assessment my temperament is Delusion: This frame of mind gives rise to creativity, spontaneity, and equanimity. The task for this type is to learn how to reel in their minds and pay attention to find a place of balanced steadiness. This type will miss their alarm and wake up late, will eat messily, will feel scattered at work and will feel unsure of how to interact in groups, often copying what others are doing. This way of being can give rise to doubt, negligence, ignorance, inaction and anxiety.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting take on different personality traits, supposedly created by a Buddhist scholar. Also gives some helpful advice at the end, but probably not very meaningful for most. : The Three Buddhist Personality Types: Which One Are You?

Anyways, according to the assessment my temperament is Delusion: This frame of mind gives rise to creativity, spontaneity, and equanimity. The task for this type is to learn how to reel in their minds and pay attention to find a place of balanced steadiness. This type will miss their alarm and wake up late, will eat messily, will feel scattered at work and will feel unsure of how to interact in groups, often copying what others are doing. This way of being can give rise to doubt, negligence, ignorance, inaction and anxiety.

Delusion

The deluded type has a natural ability to approach situations with a “beginner’s mind” – without assumption. This frame of mind gives rise to creativity, spontaneity, and equanimity. The task for this type is to learn how to reel in their minds and pay attention to find a place of balanced steadiness.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Delusion > Greed = Aversion. I actually have huge problems with all three of these.
The third, the deluded temperament, becomes easily lost in uncertainty and confusion. This type will miss their alarm and wake up late, will eat messily, will feel scattered at work and will feel unsure of how to interact in groups, often copying what others are doing. This way of being can give rise to doubt, negligence, ignorance, inaction and anxiety.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it really hard to decide on most of these. I'm not sure why.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Something like deluded greed

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
aversion... because I'm special :tongue:

though none of them were a really good fit

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The test says delusion > greed > aversion. Though after reading the descriptions, I relate to all of them and conclude that my answers are BS.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strange test. I got the Greed type:

The first, the greed temperament, is compelled by desire and seeks comfort and pleasure. This type will wake up slowly, will enjoy their meals unhurriedly and savor rich and delicious foods, will drive through traffic with ease, will sleep well, and will seek harmony and avoid conflict in interactions with others, even if that means being dishonest. In the process of grasping for more and more can come problems like over-indulgence, pride, self-centeredness, jealousy, deceitfulness and addiction.

I definitely relate most to this one.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, a combo of greed and aversion. I struggle least with the issues described under delusion.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Delusion, definitely.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The deluded type. Who would have thunk?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The aversive type has a natural discriminating wisdom and an ability to see the truth of a situation. This type has a comfort with difficulty and can unite opposing views with clarity, strength and integrity. The task for this type is to learn to let go of imperfections and appreciate moments of joy and spontaneity in everyday life.

Eternal Harmony

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The greed type has a natural ability to appreciate beauty and abundance. This temperament will tend to see the good in others and promote harmony in generosity in relationships. The task for the greed type is to learn to have a wise relationship around desire. Instead of feeling compelled to act on every desire that passes through the mind, this type will need to learn how to tolerate discomfort and watch the rise and fall of unwise desires without acting on them.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I really can’t relate to any of these. I’m hardly perfect, I have several flaws-just not any of these three.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im all 3, it just depends on situation.