User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    431 sx

I am a Theravada Buddhist and a Buddhist scholar. I have the mammoth text from which this assessment is derived.

This personality inventory is from the Vissuddhimagga by Buddhaghosa(a 5th Century Sri-Lankan monk.)

Interestingly, the Buddha never mentioned personality types. The validity of the Vissuddhimaga is a contentious issue: Buddhaghosa created this assessment and included non-Buddhist meditative practices in his work. Because of this, current Buddhist teachers do not reference Buddhaghosa's manual.

As for my temperament, I am a mixed aversive and greed temperament.

Quite frankly, the assessment in the Vissuddhimagga is much better.

I will scan Buddhaghosa's assessment and create a post if any are interested.

Each temperament has a wholesome counterpart.

I am delighted to see the dhamma on this forum!

May you all be happy
    Likes Betty Blue, RadicalDoubt liked this post

black blood, black tears MovinOut's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    641 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Greed: 2
    Aversive: 5
    Deluded: 3

The aversive type has a natural discriminating wisdom and an ability to see the truth of a situation. This type has a comfort with difficulty and can unite opposing views with clarity, strength and integrity. The task for this type is to learn to let go of imperfections and appreciate moments of joy and spontaneity in everyday life.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    947 sx/so

I never once answered the A option, wow
    Anyway, I got deluded

The deluded temperament, becomes easily lost in uncertainty and confusion. This type will miss their alarm and wake up late, will eat messily, will feel scattered at work and will feel unsure of how to interact in groups, often copying what others are doing. This way of being can give rise to doubt, negligence, ignorance, inaction and anxiety.
    The deluded type has a natural ability to approach situations with a “beginner’s mind” – without assumption. This frame of mind gives rise to creativity, spontaneity, and equanimity. The task for this type is to learn how to reel in their minds and pay attention to find a place of balanced steadiness.