User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so

Romantic

Romantics are full of good ideas. These ideas might be either positional or attacking, but they are always unusual and unique. The Romantic doesn't usually win by out-calculating his opponent, but rather finds some unexpected and unusual concept that his opponent didn't expect. Romantic players are very emotional and therefore can be very distraught when they lose, but their moodiness also means that when things are going well, they can be unstoppably brilliant.
    Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time - Marthe Troly-Curtin,

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

http://www.chesspersonality.com/type/technician

Technicians are the quietest and calmest chess players. Strategists who rarely attack directly and prefer to quietly exploit positional advantages, Technicians utilize their exceptional intuition to guide their positional play. Rarely losing control, the Technician exploits almost invisible positional weaknesses to win in the endgame. Technicians do not like to take many risks, and therefore rarely lose - but also win less than more aggressive players.

--
    I think this assessment describes me very well. I move pieces in a calculated manner to see the enemy throw themselves in a wild lose. This is true to how I play the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LLI Ni

Mastermind

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm "Help! I have no idea what I'm doing!"

johari
    nohari
    Likes LittleCat liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    258 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Prodigy

The Prodigy is the ultimate sportsman. Prodigies play aggressively and fight for the win from the beginning to the end, but place the highest value on maintaining emotional control and utilizing every opportunity that comes their way. Prodigies are not out to prove any kinds of theories, or to create great works of art (though that often happens anyway); for Prodigies winning is everything… because winning is simply more fun.
    Magnus Carlsen is a Prodigy

Magnus Carlsen Magnus Carlsen (born 1990) of Norway, the current world champion, exemplifies the Prodigy. A universal player with an intuitive grasp of chess, much of Carlsen's success can be explained by his psychology which is completely unencumbered by fear. He rarely makes any kind of blunders, and plays on forever to try to win positions with the smallest advantage, or even equal ones. His endgame play is superb, and his constant pressing in every position eventually drives his opponents to make errors. Carlsen is currently the highest rated player in history.

Well, I have to admit that I am not the ultimate chess player. I am just doing it in my spare time. Also I like to play with time stop and easily get bored when my partner thinks too long. But I usually like snatching Towers with Bishops
    The Gambit movement is great, too
    MBTI: INFJ
    Enneagram:2w1 5w4 8w7 so/sx/sp
    Socionic:EII, Fi
    Astrology:Capricorn Sun - Taurus Moon - Aquarius Rising
    Aura Colors: Primary Color Indigo, Secondary Color Blue

more to see and to find out...

Wings

On great white gentle wings
    Your soul rise towards Heaven,
    Hover to the stars.

Souls

Divine
    Living sparks:
    Ancient, eternal, sublime -
    Love, light, justice, truth:
    Souls

(Poetry by me)

MBTI
    IXTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The Assassin

Assassins are all about controlled aggression. They tend to play sharp openings (especially 1.e4 as white) and look to attack the opponent's King. But their attacks are not wild or careless - everything is still governed by the objective demands of the position and exact calculation. Assassins tend to play "against the pieces" rather than "against the opponent". They won't alter their own play to try to take advantage of the opponent's psychology.

Attacking, aggressive, calculating and calm.

Senior Member Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Here's what I got

The Prodigy is the ultimate sportsman. Prodigies play aggressively and fight for the win from the beginning to the end, but place the highest value on maintaining emotional control and utilizing every opportunity that comes their way. Prodigies are not out to prove any kinds of theories, or to create great works of art (though that often happens anyway); for Prodigies winning is everything… because winning is simply more fun.

Magnus Carlsen (born 1990) of Norway, the current world champion, exemplifies the Prodigy. A universal player with an intuitive grasp of chess, much of Carlsen's success can be explained by his psychology which is completely unencumbered by fear. He rarely makes any kind of blunders, and plays on forever to try to win positions with the smallest advantage, or even equal ones. His endgame play is superb, and his constant pressing in every position eventually drives his opponents to make errors. Carlsen is currently the highest rated player in history.

Recommended Openings

White: Ruy Lopez (Spanish); Queen's Gambit
    Black: Ruy Lopez (Spanish); Sicilian Defense; Grunfeld

Cool test and I've got to agree with that one - winning is more fun
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    The Assassin

Assassins are all about controlled aggression. They tend to play sharp openings (especially 1.e4 as white) and look to attack the opponent's King. But their attacks are not wild or careless - everything is still governed by the objective demands of the position and exact calculation. Assassins tend to play "against the pieces" rather than "against the opponent". They won't alter their own play to try to take advantage of the opponent's psychology.

Attacking, aggressive, calculating and calm.
    me too

MBTI
    IXTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Ive never actually played chess with number letter lables, so I might be inaccurate on my choices. But I did a educated guess on them.