First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I don't play chess online because opponents use chess programs.
    Really? WTF? What the hell is the point of playing a game and cheating? I don't get it. Doesn't that take the fun out? If I win, I want to win by my own efforts.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Mastermind

Attacking, Aggressive, Calculating, Calm

Masterminds seek to master both their own emotions and to impose their reality on the chessboard. A Mastermind always seeks the right move, and believes that attacking is the right way. Typically choosing sharp openings, Masterminds win with fantastically deep calculations, producing combinations which are deeply hidden in correctly built-up positions. Masterminds thrive in complicated positions, where their accurate calculating ability and iron nerves give them the advantage.

Alexander Alekhine is a Mastermind

Alexander Alekhine (1892-1946), the fourth world champion, was a true Mastermind. One of the greatest attacking players ever, Alekhine could produce spectacular combinations from positions which seemed to promise no such thing. His calculation ability was phenomenal, and his combinations often included deadly and unexpected surprises at the end of a series of obvious moves: the famous "sting of the scorpion's tail". Most important was his ability to build up an attacking position and create complications without taking undue risks himself. Alekhine held the world championship from 1927 until 1935, when he lost a match to Max Euwe, and then from 1937 (after beating Euwe in the return match) until his death in 1946.
    Attacking Aggressive Calculating Calm is the Assassin.
    Attacking Solid Calculating Calm is the Mastermind.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Attacking Aggressive Calculating Calm is the Assassin.
    Attacking Solid Calculating Calm is the Mastermind.
    I posted my results from the website. Go waste their time, not mine.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Really? WTF? What the hell is the point of playing a game and cheating? I don't get it. Doesn't that take the fun out? If I win, I want to win by my own efforts.
    Exactly! I'm a huge FPS gamer, so hackers are expected there, but I recently heard about somebody cheating on Empire: Total War, an RTS game. To me, that's a whole new level of disgusting.

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I posted my results from the website. Go waste their time, not mine.
    Look on the website again.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Look on the website again.
    I have no interest.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENTp Ne

I can confirm that Mastermind is attacking, solid, calculating, calm.

As for my results, I got Natural. But... that sounds so boring!

Although I did once win a game using nothing but pawns (I was careless at first and lost all of my good pieces), so I suppose this could be pretty accurate.
    Last edited by Vorthos; 05-28-2015 at 01:57 AM.
    (Translator's note: keikaku means plan)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Mad scientist

Mad Scientists believe in justice and principles in chess, and use passion and calculating ability to prove their beliefs. The Mad Scientist is capable of carrying out brilliant attacks, but will only do so when he believes it is the right way - he won't normally play speculatively. More often that not the Mad Scientist is the one facing an attack, and he is willing to do that if he believes the attack is not objectively correct. Mad Scientists are also experimenters, trying different ways to expand the horizons in chess.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    125 so/sp
    Socionics
    ISTj None

Natural
    Naturals are well-rounded players who seek a healthy initiative, remain in control of their emotions and follow their intuition rather than constantly looking for exceptions to the rules of chess. A Natural seeks healthy openings and healthy positions. They don't usually win by trickery, but once they obtain an advantage they are all but unstoppable. Naturals place a high value on remaining calm and rarely get into time pressure or uncontrollable situations.

Viswanathan Anand is a Natural

Viswanathan Anand Viswanathan Anand (born 1969), the classical world champion from 2007 to 2013, is a typical Natural player. Utilizing his intuitive feel for the game, early in his career Anand would sometimes defeat grandmasters while using only a few minutes on the clock. A player who is very much in control of his emotions, Anand seeks well-founded attacking play based on his intuitive understanding of the game.
    Enneagram
    Tritype: 125 (The Mentor = Gut-Heart-Head = Rational-Idealistic/Caring-Interpersonal/Intense-Cerebral)
    Main type: 1 (The Reformer = Gut = Rational-Idealistic) Wing types: 1w9 > 2w1 > 5w6
    Instinctual variant stacking: so/sp

Socionics
    LSI-0-ISTj (The Inspector - Logical Sensing Introvert)

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller - )

“A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.” - George R. R. Martin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    http://www.chesspersonality.com/type/surgeon

Surgeon
    Positional, Aggressive, Calculating, Calm

Surgeons are tricky, practical players who use positional play to fight for a win in all positions. They don't usually gain big advantages early in the game, and sometimes even get worse positions; but the Surgeon is clever and knows how to fight. With great nerves and calculating ability, a Surgeon will uncover every hidden resource available to bring the game to a favorable conclusion.

Emanuel Lasker is a Surgeon

Emanuel Lasker Emanuel Lasker (1868-1941), the second world champion, was one of the most successful Surgeons. The longest reigning world champion (27 years), Lasker's style was mysterious to his contemporaries. He was described as having a "psychological" style of play, which confused his opponents. But in fact he was simply ahead of them in his understanding of the dynamics of chess. Lasker understood how to create counterplay, how to change the theater of battle when one part of the board was weak, and how to transform advantages. His defensive and endgame technique were the key to his great results.

Recommended Openings

White: Ruy Lopez (Spanish)
    Black: Ruy Lopez (Spanish); Queen's Gambit Declined (Orthodox Defense)
    I got the same thing.
    Surgeon