• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hartman personality profiles

á´…eparted

passages
After reading all four of these, I actually don't really identify with any of them. I identify with small parts of all of them except white. Ultimately all of them miss the mark. Guess this theory isn't for me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
White

MOTIVE [ Peace ]
Whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

ABOUT WHITE
Whites need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. Whites want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. Whites are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. Whites are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When you deal with a WHITE, be kind, accept and support their individuality, and look for non-verbal clues to understand their feelings.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't have the patience for the test, nor do I remember much about childhood.. ... but, White.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I've been looking into this test for a couple of weeks now. In fact, it inspired my thread on converging the systems. I think the basic gist is that it is simply the four temperament theory with a new name. In the book, Hartman explains how that each person is really a blend of all four colors. Ironically, four colors with four different ordering of sequences brings us to 16, but they don't precisesly correspond to MBTI. Therefore, you're going to get an INFP, ISFJ, etc., scoring the same color, even when they're not alike, accept maybe they're both quiet and both have a tendency to care.

My aunt, who in MBTI is such an ES-J, that her police chief told her she was too curt during arrests, is a clear Red. But she also does have a caring side, so she scores a little blue (pencil and paper version allows more nuances.) She is big into this test. She likes how it's cut and dry and easy to remember. I don't. I think that it over-simplifies. In her mind, I was a Red before I ever took the test. She kept badgering me about it. I took the test and got 50/50 on my White and Blue scores, both out-weighing the Red by a large margin. She blew a gasket. How could her beloved test be so wrong? Surely, I didn't understand the questions.

Yes, that was it. So, she preceded to rescore me. I was clearly a Red in her eyes because, "Blues are whiny do-gooders and Whites are lazy pacifists." And I couldn't be those colors because I work hard and don't go around crying in front of people. So, my point in telling you this little snippet of personal history with this test is to say, "I don't really like it," or maybe more aptly, I don't like it in the hands of someone who insists on forcing people to "fit" a category whether they do or not.

She literally said, "Reds are the best people. So, you have to be a Red."

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was a yellow child and am now a blue adult.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
uryellow.png
piechart-34Cjc1AZ.png

Motive [ Fun ]

Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart

ABOUT YELLOW

Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.
------------

While this is accurate in some areas, in others it's totally wrong and it misses the core of my personality. A large part of it though is who I was as a child is rather different than I am now.

Exact same result. Exact same criticism.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
MOTIVE [ Power ]
Reds are motivated by Power. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, reds want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. Reds value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What reds value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

ABOUT RED
Reds like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. Reds are confident, proactive, and visionary; and but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When you deal with a RED, be precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!
Soooo this is based on what I was like as a child? I don't disagree at all, but I'm a type A fuckhead through and through.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Since it was asking for how I was as a child, it gave the wrong reflection.

I know this is an old post to respond to, but meh.

Anyway, this is what really put me off from the test. I think I get why they are asking it though...1. as children, we are typically more happy and fulfilled (provided you were a middle to upper class child) and 2. they are trying to get us to look objectively at our behaviors. It's easier to do so if we think about ourselves from a different point in time.

However, I, like many others, am quite different than how I was as a child. I most certainly am not a completely different person...but for better or worse, I have changed as I grew up.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got blue. I liked to be around people more as a child.

It was kind of hard to answer these questions since I acted different at home and at school. I based this more when I was with me friends.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The need to be understood and appreciated is quite foreign to my own experience.

I googled the term "sainted pit-bull" as I had not heard it prior and reaped nothing in the ways of a definition so I take it these people made it up before awkwardly injecting it into that sentence(if so the context I relate with more than the content). Unless I'm only missing some sort of reference. By the usage of quotation marks it appears more an epigram than a simile or even metaphor.

Edit: Upon further thought it is referencing the "self-righteous" and "committed"(obdurate) adjectives so it is something they concocted of their own and not an obscure dictum.

Last edited:

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this test is so two dimensional and fake when comparing to other systems of personality. Of course, only four types so that criticism is unnecessary. I think I was white the last time I took this.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Very vague questions. But I got Blue.

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

ABOUT BLUE
Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Sounds accurate, though.

Zen_alpha

MBTI Type
MIND
Enneagram
5w6
Interesting. I got Red.

Motive [ Power ]

reds are motivated by Power. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, reds want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. reds value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What reds value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.
ABOUT RED

Reds like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. Reds are confident, proactive, and visionary; and but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When you deal with a RED, be precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't have the patience for the test, nor do I remember much about childhood.. ... but, White.
Alright, alright. I tried again. I tried really hard this time.

urblue.png

Blue are the do-gooders. Intimacy: connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of quality and service and are generally loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.

Everything but Yellow, Sanguine, Otter, etc. fits to different degrees.

It was actually pretty easy to remember enough of my childhood to answer these questions. I was the Threest goddamned Three there ever was. And also a vindictive sonofabitch.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Basic Analysis Results
Congratulations, you are a blue.

Motive [ Intimacy ]

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.
ABOUT BLUE

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a Blue, motivated by intimacy and connection, though awful at remembering birthdays including my own. Also, I have no need to control people.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
urwhite.png

MOTIVE [ Peace ]
Whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

ABOUT WHITE
Whites need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. Whites want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. Whites are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. Whites are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When you deal with a WHITE, be kind, accept and support their individuality, and look for non-verbal clues to understand their feelings.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
Congratulations, you are a YELLOW.

MOTIVE [ Fun ]
Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart

ABOUT YELLOW
Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I'm blue dabedeedabeday dabedeedabeday dabedeedabeday

urblue.png