• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Introverts Say on Facebook (Big Five and Facebook Post Word Clouds)

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So there's an interesting article on facebook post content and the Big Five. The article opens with "The things you say on Facebook apparently reveal a lot about your personality, according to a large new study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology that finds an association between words used in Facebook posts and personality traits."

The study built world clouds from the results for high and low end of each trait. Here's the image for introversion/extraversion:

12-word-cloud-high-low-extraversion.w1225.h814.2x.jpg

I haven't looked at the study itself, but the word clouds are fun.

(Note to the easily offended: some of the other word clouds contain profanity, particularly those for low Agreeableness and low Conscientiousness.)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow. Extroverts do love adjectives.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems a little slanted toward ExFx and IxTx types...

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm extremely introverted by that chart. I get teased about being a calm understater... plus I'm a reader and computer geek. Shocking, I know.

Here's the high openness vs low openness (very roughly N vs S in MBTI terms):

12-word-cloud-high-low-openness.w529.h352.2x.jpg

This seems a little slanted toward ExFx and IxTx types...

Well, it is Big Five rather than MBTI, so things are divided up a little differently. Still, I think it's on target that Extraverts tend to be far more expressive than Introverts. I think that Ts they tend to be more expressive negatively (even more so for those that are low Agreeableness in Big Five terms -- those don't always map up precisely to MBTI Ts). Still, optimism is correlated with Extraversion empirically, so the more positive adjectives aren't a shock, over all.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Thinkers swear a lot, I guess.

Fuck.

(I think this is a false correlation, tbh, but just maybe :p )

Well, extroversion is a focus on the object, so it makes sense that they would descibe nouns.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This introvert doesn't even like to post statuses. :shrug:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So there's an interesting article on facebook post content and the Big Five. The article opens with "The things you say on Facebook apparently reveal a lot about your personality, according to a large new study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology that finds an association between words used in Facebook posts and personality traits."

The study built world clouds from the results for high and low end of each trait. Here's the image for introversion/extraversion:

12-word-cloud-high-low-extraversion.w1225.h814.2x.jpg

I haven't looked at the study itself, but the word clouds are fun.

(Note to the easily offended: some of the other word clouds contain profanity, particularly those for low Agreeableness and low Conscientiousness.)

The extravert cloud looks like an 100% extraverted ESFP taken up to 11 with some extra glitter and glow sticks thrown in.

No wonder that Facebook status analyzer typed me as an introvert.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The extravert cloud looks like an 100% extraverted ESFP taken up to 11 with some extra glitter and glow sticks thrown in.
LOL. I know. :D

I just noticed how negative/non-permissive/adverse/questioning the introvert words are too. To name a few in the central bubble:
- Don't/didn't/doesn't
- Least
- Actually
- Won't
- But
- Can't
- Isn't
- Though
- Dead/death
- Wasn't
- Shouldn't
- Dark
- Haven't
- Why
- Seems
- Apparently
- Evil

Also, what is up with all the contractions? So many of them.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, what is up with all the contractions? So many of them.

I'm thinking it's because we like to use punctuation. :wink:

I find these all really interesting but also hugely general, as they are clearly just ends of spectrums. I'd love to see one of just nouns, or adjectives. It would also be cool to do this by Enneagram type, or perhaps just instinctual stack-- that would be fascinating.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm extremely introverted by that chart. I get teased about being a calm understater... plus I'm a reader and computer geek. Shocking, I know.

Here's the high openness vs low openness (very roughly N vs S in MBTI terms):

12-word-cloud-high-low-openness.w529.h352.2x.jpg

Well, it is Big Five rather than MBTI, so things are divided up a little differently. Still, I think it's on target that Extraverts tend to be far more expressive than Introverts. I think that Ts they tend to be more expressive negatively (even more so for those that are low Agreeableness in Big Five terms -- those don't always map up precisely to MBTI Ts). Still, optimism is correlated with Extraversion empirically, so the more positive adjectives aren't a shock, over all.

I was referring to interests.... while I like books and computers, I also like music, art, fashion, psychology and spirituality (all of which I think is more stereotypically IxFx, among the introverts). I don't use those big, gushy adjectives with the frequency that extroverts do though, true.

The openness factor seems to define me more....I suppose combined with the introvert chart it would suit me.
Like many introverts, I post a lot less than most people on social networks though.

wolfy

awsm
Low predicted agreeableness is amusing. I don't tend to say a lot on facebook so I am not sure where I sit.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thjis is really cool!

I was curious to see what would my result be and I got this:

UTl3F32.png

It looks more like a trilingual delirium more than anything related to personality type.

Could this be seen as an Introvert cloud?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does my Facebook wordcloud say about me?

gromit

likes this
How did you do your own? [MENTION=23393]Yaru[/MENTION] [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]