• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI Phase II: the self-rating thread

Mane

Permabanned
Personality Playbook - MBTI: Phase 2

Please use the descriptions provided by Personality Playbook to rate each facet between 0-5.
(If the table appears as html, make sure the editor is in WYSIWYG mode):​

FacetsRating
(0-5)
FacetsRating
(0-5)
Extroverted (Total)
Introverted (Total)
• Initiating: The core facet of Extraversion, Initiating shows up in individuals as an ability to easily network, never meet a stranger, and carry on conversations with most other people with ease and at length.
• Receiving: The core facet of Introversion, Receiving shows up in individuals as preferring to let conversations and other people come to them to engage in large groups, as well as preferring to be introduced in lieu of making introductions.
• Expressive: Appears as someone who is easy to get to know and open to sharing feelings, thoughts, and interests freely.
• Contained: Appears as someone who only shares thoughts, feelings and interests with those they trust and know well, and may be difficult to get to know.
• Gregarious: Describes someone who loves to have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances who have diversity in interests, communication styles, etc.
• Intimate: Describes someone who loves to have a small circle of close friends that he or she knows well and can talk in depth with one on one.
• Active: Fits individuals who like to take active part in activities by being hands on, asking questions, and otherwise being directly involved.
• Reflective: Fits Individuals who love to take part by seeing, thinking, and pondering matters in a quiet setting, conducive to personal reflection.
• Enthusiastic: Tends to enjoy being the center of attention, while being highly conversational in group settings, full of life, and a lover of great stories.
• Quiet: Tends to lack interest in being the center of attention, while loving their difficult to describe, rich, inner world of thoughts and ideas about the surrounding world.
Sensing (Total)
Intuition (Total)
• Concrete: The core facet of Sensing, and people with this facet prefer to live in the world of the 5 senses and its perceptions in all, or most, aspects of life, from learning to communicating, They love that which can be verified and touched, and they will often be skeptical of moving beyond this realm to the more abstract.
• Abstract: The core facet of Intuition, and people with this facet love to focus on what ideas mean and how they connect with other things and ideas. They love to focus on the gist and the basic concepts of a matter, and they are perfectly comfortable interpretations of information that are not necessarily literal
• Realistic: Appears as someone who places high value on good old common sense and objects and other things that have a practical use in the here and now. They want to keep themselves and their families secure (financially, physically, etc.) and as comfortable as possible in practical ways.
• Imaginative: Appears as someone who is resourceful in finding original and creative solutions to new problems, while being much more concerned with, interested in, and place more value on what could be in the future than what is in the here and now that can be seen or touched.
• Practical: Describes someone who enjoys performing tasks in the prescribed and familiar way with the "right" and familiar tools. They would rather build slowly and steadily, in ways that risk little, than attempt great change for possible great return, which may blow up in their faces. They also place emphasis on personal comforts of life.
• Conceptual: Describes someone who has little interest in what is tangible or practically known, preferring to read underlying meaning and understand joyful complexity. These individuals often perform well on tests, and they tend to be willing to take greater risks in anticipation of greater gain.
• Experiential: Fits individuals who work from past experience and live by the mantra, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". If they must complete an unfamiliar task, they will begin with what valued sources claim works best, and they will then use trial and error until they find the best method of completing the task.
• Theoretical: Fits individuals who are often described as insightful and good at finding ways to approach new tasks that work. They prefer to seek and do what has not yet been done, finding it uninteresting to repeat tasks in the ways prescribed by others. They believe that 1 + 1 very often equals far more than the obvious 2, when you look deeper into the complexities and connections behind it.
• Traditional: Tends to find a sense of security and validation in the social traditions of society, and are often uncomfortable with trends and fads that have not passed societal tests and norms. There is comfort in aspects of society that are tried and true.
• Original: Tends to lean towards uniqueness and variety in an effort to express his or her own uniqueness of self. This may be a way to express an adventurous streak or display different and original ideas, but it certainly is seen as a way to infuse more meaning into a mundane day.
Thinking (Total)
Feeling (Total)
• Logical: The core facet of Thinking, people with the Logical facet tend to believe that the best way to make sense of the world and its residents is through reason and logic. They often find that feelings are less reliable in relationships than exhibiting fairness, reason, and respecting rights on both sides of the relationship.
• Empathetic: The core facet of Feeling, people with the Empathetic facet tend to place relationships above all other things in their hierarchy of importance, to the point of feeling that they are the basis of life's meaning. These individuals believe universal and personal truth are both attached to people and relationships.
• Reasonable: Appears as someone who uses logic and a solid process of reasoning to confidently make decisions on a daily basis.
• Compassionate: Appears as someone who prefers to show mercy, even to the detriment of objective fairness, and they love to see people for the individuals they are.
• Questioning: Describes someone who believes that situations turn out better when problems are solved through debating and challenging ideas, which not only helps individuals find areas of agreement, but can help reduce flaws in solutions.
• Accommodating: Describes someone who prizes harmony above whatever good may come from confrontation and critique, and they aim to please as many people as possible.
• Critical: Fits individuals who believe that impersonal criticism is necessary to get to the bottom line of situations, remove flaws from plans and decisions, and get the desired outcomes from a situation.
• Accepting: Fits Individuals who like to find solutions that are as likely as possible to be a win for all involved by tolerating the viewpoints of others and expecting the same in return.
• Tough: Tends to appraise a situation, then take a strong stand on their decisions, which they see as the best way to show support for all of the logic and data that went into making the decision.
• Tender: Tends to show tenderness and caring in achieving their goals because they understand that different people have different viewpoints, that are often in opposition, and that must be respected, especially when making a purely rational decision is not possible.
Judging (Total)
Perceiving (Total)
• Systematic: The core facet of Judging, people with the Systematic facet like to have order in their home, work, and sometimes leisure life, by planning, organizing and performing tasks in a systematic fashion.
• Casual: The core facet of Perceiving, a person with the Casual facet is usually good at going with the flow of life. They deal well with surprises, and they may be described as laid back, with a preference for keeping options open, in lieu of deciding early.
• Planful: Appears as someone who likes to plan well in advance to make sure they do mot miss out on things that are important to them. This can include holidays with family, vacations, concerts, etc.
• Open-Ended: Appears as someone who loves freedom and making decisions on the fly, rather than being tied down to plans that are far in the future. They love flexibility and a lack of feeling constricted.
• Early Starting: Describes someone who becomes quite stressed when working right up to a deadline, so the person tends to start early, complete tasks one at a time, and finish with enough time to leave room for things to go wrong (internet or printer down) without causing a missed deadline.
• Pressure-Prompted: Describes someone who may come up with ideas for projects in advance, but does his/her best work during the energetic and creative burst that comes right before a deadline. They almost feed off of the stress of a project being due, and they may squeak it in just in the nick of time. This is not to be confused with procrastination, which all types do.
• Scheduled: Fits individuals who find comfort and security in completing their tried and true routines each day. They know these routines are reliable and reduce chaos.
• Spontaneous: Fits Individuals who love variety in their lives and having a work environment where they have some say over what they can do at any given time, rather than being restricted to monotony.
• Methodical: Tends to organize everything needed to complete a project, from materials to people, and create a sequence for the completion of tasks that lead to project completion in a planned and strategic fashion.
• Emergent: Tends to enjoy problem solving on the fly through improvisation and a lack of planning... They may believe that the instructions that come with a furniture kit are a waste of paper because they'd rather jump in and figure it out along the way.

As inspired by (With permission):

Last edited:

Mane

Permabanned
My own:

EXTRAVERT
(13)..................INTROVERT (12)
Initiating: 3 ................ Receiving: 2
Expressive: 4 .............. Contained: 1
Gregarious: 2 .............. Intimate: 3
Active: 1 ....................Reflective: 4
Enthusiastic: 3 .............Quiet: 2

SENSORY (2)..................INTUITIVE (23)
Concrete: 0 ................ Abstract: 5
Realistic: 1 ................ Imaginative: 4
Practical: 0 .............. Conceptual: 5
Experiential: 1 ....................Theoretical: 4
Traditional: 0 .............Original: 5

THINKING (15)..................FEELING (10)
Logical: 2 ................ Empathetic: 3
Reasonable: 4 ................ Compassionate: 1
Questioning: 5 .............. Accommodating: 0
Critical: 4 ....................Accepting: 1
Tough: 0 .............Tender: 5

JUDGING (5)..................PERCEIVING (20)
Systematic: 0 ................ Casual: 5
Planful: 1 ................ Open-Ended: 4
Early Starting: 2 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 3
Scheduled: 0 ....................Spontaneous: 5
Methodical: 2 .............Emergent: 3

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EXTRAVERT (4) ................ INTROVERT (21)
Initiating: 0 ................ Receiving: 5
Expressive: 2 ................ Contained: 3
Gregarious: 0 ................ Intimate: 5
Active: 1 ................ Reflective: 4
Enthusiastic: 1 ................ Quiet: 4

SENSORY (7) ................ INTUITIVE (18)
Concrete: 1 ................ Abstract: 4
Realistic: 3 ................ Imaginative: 2
Practical: 2 ................ Conceptual: 3

Experiential: 0 ................ Theoretical: 5
Traditional: 1 ................ Original: 4 *

THINKING (17) ................ FEELING (8)
Logical: 5 ................ Empathetic: 0
Questioning: 2 ................ Accommodating: 3 *
Critical: 3 ................ Accepting: 2 *
Tough: 3 ................ Tender: 2 *

JUDGING (7) ................ PERCEIVING (18)
Systematic: 1 ................ Casual: 4
Planful: 0 ................ Open-Ended: 5
Early Starting: 0 ................ Pressure-Prompted: 5
Scheduled: 3 ................ Spontaneous: 2
Methodical: 3 ................ Emergent: 2 *

- middling scores are in grey
- asterisked subtraits I feel may be conflated, notably the last 3 thinking-feeling subtraits: I am internally very critical but present a much more conflict-avoidant front when I interact with others.
- I might disagree with you but I won't say it.. my introversion takes the driver's seat in this case. The more emotionally charged the topic is, the less likely I'll voice my opinion.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EXTRAVERT (16)..................INTROVERT (9)
Initiating: 4 ................ Receiving: 1
Expressive: 5 .............. Contained: 0
Gregarious: 1 .............. Intimate: 4
Active: 3 ....................Reflective: 2

SENSORY (11)..................INTUITIVE (14)
Concrete: 2.5 ................ Abstract: 2.5
Realistic: 2.5 ................ Imaginative: 2.5
Practical: 2.5 .............. Conceptual: 2.5

Traditional: 2.5 .............Original: 2.5

THINKING (15.5)..................FEELING (9.5)
Logical: 2.5 ................ Empathetic: 2.5
Reasonable: 3 ................ Compassionate: 2
Questioning: 4 .............. Accommodating: 1
Critical: 3 ....................Accepting: 2
Tough: 3 .............Tender: 2

JUDGING (17)..................PERCEIVING (8)
Systematic: 3 ................ Casual: 2
Planful: 3 ................ Open-Ended: 2
Early Starting: 4 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 1
Scheduled: 2 ....................Spontaneous: 3
Methodical: 5 .............Emergent: 0

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At least a few of these are false dichotomies. Based on the descriptions, Reasonable and Compassionate have shit all to do with one another. In fact, most of the T/F questions are that way.

Surely the actual Step II isn't worth $10,000 or whatever they charge for it. I might take it for a dollar.

EXTRAVERT(11)..................INTROVERT (14)
Initiating: 3 ................ Receiving: 2
Expressive: 2 .............. Contained: 3
Active: 2 ....................Reflective: 3

SENSORY (5)..................INTUITIVE (20)
Concrete: 2 ................ Abstract: 3
Realistic: 1 ................ Imaginative: 4
Practical: 1 .............. Conceptual: 4
Traditional: 0 .............Original: 5

THINKING (18)..................FEELING (7)
Logical: 4 ................ Empathetic: 1
Questioning: 4 .............. Accommodating: 1
Critical: 3 ....................Accepting: 2
Tough: 4 .............Tender: 1

JUDGING (13)..................PERCEIVING (12)
Early Starting: 5 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 0
Scheduled: 0 ....................Spontaneous: 5

Mane

Permabanned
At least a few of these are false dichotomies.
Apparently they aren't meant to be - I thought so too initially, and filled in mine thinking that they are :doh:, but in the sample cpp gave they didn't have to complete. Just rate each trait from 1 to 5 individually.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently they aren't meant to be - I thought so too initially, and filled in mine thinking that they are :doh:, but in the sample cpp gave they didn't have to complete. Just rate each trait from 1 to 5 individually.
Oh. Well, that makes sense.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should note that I don't know what the scale is that the official MBTI Step II uses, as I haven't felt like shelling out $100 to take it.

I just found the list of items and descriptions online and decided to just rank them from 0-5, just for myself, in my blog. If everyone is copying off that, well, caveat emptor and all that jazz...

I don't really know how the Step II is set up; but I think people are being too dismissive here. Let's look at Reasonable vs Compassion since it was brought up.

• Reasonable: Appears as someone who uses logic and a solid process of reasoning to confidently make decisions on a daily basis.

vs

• Compassionate: Appears as someone who prefers to show mercy, even to the detriment of objective fairness, and they love to see people for the individuals they are.

You mean you don't have that dilemma at all when you're trying to determine how to weigh something? Maybe the definitions and way they try to slant each in such a positive way is confusing people?

I regularly war about whether to evaluate things related to people in either a "rational impersonal" way or a "merciful" way. Hell, even moderating this site, I'm struggling over that pretty regularly. Am I going to be reasonable in a way that every member is treated in broad fairness, or am I going to look at someone's individual circumstances and make a decision stemming from that, for example? I don't have an issue with setting them up as a pair.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The step II gives you a little chart with 0 in the middle, and 5 at the extremes. (So 100% initiating would be at the left "5", in the middle would be a zero, and 100% receiving would be on the right "5"). The layout is like this:

Initiating 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 Receiving

which doesn't really matter for discussion purposes. Still, it's easy enough to translate a score on Step II to a 1 to 5 via (where n is a score from -5 to 5):

((n + 5) / 10 * 4) + 1

Mane

Permabanned
So... This is like the buggy pirated version of MBTI phase II. It's still very interesting for self-examination purposes IMO.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
EXTROVERTED (8)..................INTROVERTED (17)
Initiating: 1 ................ Receiving: 4
Expressive: 1 .............. Contained: 4

SENSING (11)..................INTUITION (14)
Realistic: 3 ................ Imaginative: 2
Practical: 2 .............. Conceptual: 3
Experiential: 3 ....................Theoretical: 2
Traditional: 2 .............Original: 3

THINKING (8)..................FEELING (17)
Reasonable: 2 ................ Compassionate: 3
Questioning: 1 .............. Accommodating: 4
Critical: 1 ....................Accepting: 4
Tough: 2 .............Tender: 3

JUDGING (18)..................PERCEIVING (7)
Systematic: 5 ................ Casual: 0
Planful: 4 ................ Open-Ended: 1
Methodical: 5 .............Emergent: 0

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EXTRAVERT(11)..................INTROVERT (14)

Initiating: 1 ................ Receiving: 4
Expressive: 4 .............. Contained: 1
Enthusiastic: 2 .............Quiet: 3

SENSORY (8)..................INTUITIVE (17)

Realistic: 2 ................ Imaginative: 3
Experiential: 2 ....................Theoretical: 3
Traditional: 1 .............Original: 4

THINKING (14)..................FEELING (11)

Logical: 3 ................ Empathetic: 2
Reasonable: 5 ................ Compassionate: 0
Questioning: 3 .............. Accommodating: 2
Critical: 2 ....................Accepting: 3
Tough: 1 .............Tender: 4

JUDGING (11)..................PERCEIVING (14)

Planful: 2 ................ Open-Ended: 3

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EXTRAVERT(6)..................INTROVERT (19)
Initiating: 2 ................ Receiving: 3
Expressive: 2 .............. Contained: 3
Gregarious: 0 .............. Intimate: 5
Enthusiastic: 0 .............Quiet: 5

SENSORY (8)..................INTUITIVE (17)
Experiential: 2 ..................Theoretical: 3
Traditional: 1 .............Original: 4

THINKING (9)..................FEELING (16)
Logical: 1 ................ Empathetic: 4
Critical: 3 ................Accepting: 2
Tough: 2 ...............Tender: 3

JUDGING (10)..................PERCEIVING (15)
Systematic: 2 ................ Casual: 3
Early Starting: 1 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 4
Scheduled: 1 ................Spontaneous: 4
Methodical: 3 .............Emergent: 2

Thanks to this test I can be sure now that my mum is E (15 -10) S (16 - 9) F (13 -12) J (23 -2).

á´…eparted

passages
"fake" or not. Taking little tests and whatnot like this is something just doesn't get old me. I'll never outgrow it :D.

EXTRAVERT(19)..................INTROVERT (6)
Expressive: 5 .............. Contained: 0
Gregarious: 3 .............. Intimate: 2
Active: 5 ....................Reflective: 0
Enthusiastic: 4 .............Quiet: 1

SENSORY (10)..................INTUITIVE (15)
Experiential: 3 ....................Theoretical: 2
Traditional: 2 .............Original: 3

THINKING (12)..................FEELING (13)
Critical: 2 ....................Accepting: 3
Tough: 4 .............Tender: 1

JUDGING (20)..................PERCEIVING (5)
Planful: 5 ................ Open-Ended: 0
Early Starting: 5 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 0
Scheduled: 3 ....................Spontaneous: 2
Methodical: 4 .............Emergent: 1

The F/T is all kinds of messed up. They made out feeling to sound like literal feeling and emotion, which is NOT what it is. No bueno. That said, what I did was try and read it for what they actually meant, not what it literally says, and I believe I know what they were angling for. If I were to interpret it as literal statement, I would have been almost complete T (which is obviously not true). Still, it does support the notion that my F/T dichotomy is not that strong despite being clear Fe. That said, Fe is not all sunshine and rainbows like everyone assumes :D.

S/N is kinda broken as well, but it's not as bad. It's mainly with too much wording focus on senses.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroverted: 4 Introverted: 20
Initiating: 0.....Recieving: 5
Expressive: 2.....Contained: 3
Gregarious: 1.....Intimate: 4
Active: 2.....Reflective: 3
Enthusiastic: 1.....Quiet: 4

Sensing: 6....Intuitive: 18
Concrete: 1.....Abstract: 4
Realistic: 1.....Imaginative: 4
Practical: 1.....Conceptual: 4
Experiential: 2.....Theoretical: 3
Traditional: 0.....Original: 5

Thinking: 9......Feeling: 16
Logical: 1.....Empathetic: 4
Reasonable: 1.....Compassionate: 4
Questioning: 2.....Accommodating: 3
Critical: 2..... Accepting: 3
Tough: 3...... Tender: 2

Judging: 3.....Perceiving: 22
Systematic: 1.....Casual: 4
Planful: 1..... Open-Ended: 4
Early Starting: 0.....Pressure-Prompted: 5
Scheduled: 0..... Spontaneous: 5
Methodical: 1..... Emergent: 4

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverted: 15 Introverted: 18

Sensing: 7....Intuitive: 22

Thinking: 18......Feeling: 16

Judging: 15.....Perceiving: 21

I think some more accurate questions would lead to some realistic results much more than those descriptions.

Rating is not so easy as it depends on situations. I can easily agree with both statements.

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My own:

EXTRAVERT(5)..................INTROVERT (21)
Initiating: 0 ................ Receiving: 5
Expressive: 1 .............. Contained: 5
Gregarious: 1 .............. Intimate: 5
Active: 3 ....................Reflective: 5
Enthusiastic: 1 .............Quiet: 4

SENSORY (4)..................INTUITIVE (24)
Concrete: 0 ................ Abstract: 5
Realistic: 1 ................ Imaginative: 5
Practical: 0 .............. Conceptual: 5
Traditional: 2 .............Original: 5

THINKING (6)..................FEELING (21)
Logical: 1 ................ Empathetic: 5
Questioning: 2 .............. Accommodating: 4
Critical: 1 ....................Accepting: 4
Tough: 0 .............Tender: 5

JUDGING (6)..................PERCEIVING (23)
Systematic: 1 ................ Casual: 4
Planful: 1 ................ Open-Ended:4
Early Starting: 1 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 4
Scheduled: 1 ....................Spontaneous: 4

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EXTRAVERT (14) .................. INTROVERT (11)
Expressive: 3 .............. Contained: 2
Active: 4 ....................Reflective: 1

SENSORY (5.5) .................. INTUITIVE (19.5)
Realistic: 2.5 ................ Imaginative: 2.5
Practical: 1 .............. Conceptual: 4
Experiential: 1 .................... Theoretical: 4
Traditional: 0 ............. Original: 5

THINKING (20) .................. FEELING (5)
Logical: 4 ................ Empathetic: 1
Questioning: 5 .............. Accommodating: 0
Critical: 4 .................... Accepting: 1
Tough: 3 ............. Tender: 2

JUDGING (5) .................. PERCEIVING (20)
Systematic: 0 ................ Casual: 5
Planful: 2.5 ................ Open-Ended: 2.5
Early Starting: 0 .............. Pressure-Prompted: 5
Scheduled: 0 .................... Spontaneous: 5
Methodical: 2.5 ............. Emergent: 2.5

cool stuff

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
14 extrovert............introvert 16
4 intiating................4 receiving
2 expressive..........2 contained