• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Narcissism Test

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Took it again and got 3. One point in each for superiority, self-sufficiency, and exhibitionism. I guess I got 10 last time?! Weird.

gromit

likes this
NPIfi.php

I'm so vain. The song is definitely about me.

12/40

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I got a 10 out of 40.

Most points were in self sufficiency, followed by superiority, and authority.

Did anyone do the additional questions "for their research?" I wonder what the different paintings were used for? Maybe seeing self as alone, versus with others? Do narcissists prefer Impressionism? ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
10/40... I got all of the vanity points as well :laugh:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
6/40

In order of most to least:

Vanity + Entitlement
Self sufficiency
Exhibitionism
Authority

Nothing on Superiority or Exploitativeness.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I got a 10 out of 40.

Most points were in self sufficiency, followed by superiority, and authority.

Did anyone do the additional questions "for their research?" I wonder what the different paintings were used for? Maybe seeing self as alone, versus with others? Do narcissists prefer Impressionism? ;)

I wondered that as well, some of them were obvious with one person standing and other people flocking to them or something, then others were mostly isolated vs social or a clean painting vs messy, or dark and gloomy vs colourful. Don't really know how it works, nor do I know anything about art :p

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The questions are so obvious that it couldn't possibly work well to measure narcissism. Narcissists aren't necessarily that self aware. Also, a person's ideas and their actions can be completely disconnected. Most of the narcissistic people I know can always tell a pretty story. They are more likely to say they would feel uncomfortable ruling the world while they are half-way to actually accomplishing the task.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But yes, I wouldn't trust a test on the internet to accurately measure narcissism. Nor would I trust myself to issue a diagnose of narcissism, since I am not a medical professional.

Sometimes I wonder if when people casually talk about narcissism; they're really just jealous of the person they accuse of being narcissistic. But it's hardly their fault that they have something you don't. And if you deny yourself things out of a sense of morality, what's up with hating someone who isn't denying those things? Doesn't that suggest that you actually want those things too? It's not so much purging yourself of desires as it is denying their existence.

Know thyself.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
21/40 - could do better... But...

bQkXVTh.jpg

I'm just not vain at all!

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The questions are so obvious that it couldn't possibly work well to measure narcissism. Narcissists aren't necessarily that self aware. Also, a person's ideas and their actions can be completely disconnected. Most of the narcissistic people I know can always tell a pretty story. They are more likely to say they would feel uncomfortable ruling the world while they are half-way to actually accomplishing the task.

Hmm, I've seen similar questions on online sociopathy tests.

Mane

Permabanned
Hmm, I've seen similar questions on online sociopathy tests.

Both tests are questionable, but one more then the other: A psychopath might not necessarily be as uncomfortable with what makes them into a psychopath. An actual narcissist on the other hand is a lot more likely to answer whichever answer depicts them in the best way possible, and in the case of someone who is knowingly taking a narcissism test, the answer is the most non narcissistic traits.

And the questions are rather transparent:
NPIfi.php
NPIfi.php

For comparison with professional diagnostics, I've had the experience of a psychiatrist testing me for various possible conditions, NPD among them, and the specific ways in which she tested for NPD mostly consist of testing my reactions to criticism, blame, self evaluation about past failures, an my interpretation of the roles of others in my relationships, all without telling me what she's doing until the finale summary of everything she was able to find.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Both tests are questionable, but one more then the other: A psychopath might not necessarily be as uncomfortable with what makes them into a psychopath. An actual narcissist on the other hand is a lot more likely to answer whichever answer depicts them in the best way possible, and in the case of someone who is knowingly taking a narcissism test, the answer is the most non narcissistic traits.

And the questions are rather transparent:
NPIfi.php
NPIfi.php

For comparison with professional diagnostics, I've had the experience of a psychiatrist testing me for various possible conditions, NPD among them, and the specific ways in which she tested for NPD mostly consist of testing my reactions to criticism, blame, self evaluation about past failures, an my interpretation of the roles of others in my relationships, all without telling me what she's doing until the finale summary of everything she was able to find.
So all the low scoring people are narcissistic on this test? Quick get me a pond i must fawn over myself til i starve to death

Ingrid in grids

Your score is 9, out of 40. Higher scores indicate greater levels of narcissism.

Your score was higher than 35.2% of the sample. The people who have found this online test are probably not that representative of the general population though, so the averages from a few other groups are tabled below.

NPIfi.php