• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[DISC] FIRST DISC

Alea_iacta_est

I saw it in the description of this sub-forum and it intrigued me, so I looked it up and decided to be the first one to put a thread here.

Here's a link to a quick free test:

http://discpersonalitytesting.com/
Click the orange one, you'll have to type something in the First Name and Last Name Box.

My DISC type is D/C

You have a blend of both Dominant and Cautious traits. Your Dominant traits are probably a little stronger than your Cautious traits.

Some words that describe you are:
Decisive,
Driven,
Logical, and
Analytical.
You are more task-oriented than people-oriented, and you probably enjoy analyzing and solving problems. You probably like to get things done quickly and logically. You likely prefer working on projects to interacting with people.

Now time to crack open this system and tether it to other ones.

I'm thinking that:
D: ExTx
I: ExxP
S: IxFP
C: ISxx

And even more so:
Extremely high scoring D: Enneagram 8 and an alternate side-dish of CP 6
Extremely high scoring I: Enneagram 2 with a little bit of 7 in there too.
Extremely high scoring S: Enneagram 9 with maybe a dash of 2.
Extremely high scoring C: Enneagram 5 with an alternate side-dish of 6

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You have a blend of both Supportive and Cautious traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Cautious traits.

Helpful,
Kind,
Logical, and
Methodical.
You are more reserved than outgoing, and you probably prefer interacting with people one-on-one or in small groups rather than large crowds. You probably like to do things following a known or proven pattern.

funny thing is that's how my mom described me as when I was a kid

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I met a DISC test administrator -- a friend's boss -- who typed me as C just from observing me and my friend interacting. Told me I was an incredibly obvious C.

This test shows a different result, though, i.e. that I'm on the border of everything :laugh:

You have a blend of Supportive, Cautious, and Dominant traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Cautious or Dominant traits.

Helpful,
Kind,
Results-oriented, and
Careful

You have both people-oriented and task-oriented traits, although you may tend a little towards a task-oriented perspective. You can either be reserved or outgoing. You probably like to get things done in a way that protects other people's feelings. It is likely that you are supportive and careful, but you can get moving and make things happen if necessary.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This one had me as C/S (usually I get S/C or C/S).

You have a blend of both Cautious and Supportive traits. Your Cautious traits are probably a little
stronger than your Supportive traits.

ï‚· Critical thinking,
ï‚· Careful,
ï‚· Committed to quality, and
ï‚· Helpful.
You are reserved, and you probably prefer individual or small group interaction to large social settings.
You probably like to work alone or with one or two other people on projects and tasks using proven
practices and focused on quality.

G

garbage

garbage, your at work DISC style is C/DS. That’s fantastic!

You have a blend of Cautious, Supportive, and Dominant traits. Your Cautious traits are probably a little stronger than your Supportive or Dominant traits.

Careful,
Focused on excellence,
Results-oriented, and
Collaborative

You have both outgoing and reserved traits, although you may tend a little towards an reserved perspective. You probably like to follow proven approaches to get things done in a way that protects other people's feelings. It is likely that you prefer to work alone, but you can work collaboratively with others if necessary.​

Kinda, yeah. I usually score Dominant-dominant. Sanguine-last all up in here

.. . I mean, Influential-last. Whatever

Anyway, this is pretty much me. That site has good descriptions overall.

Did everyone get told that their result was "fantastic"? I have a feeling that this is lying to one of us.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kinda, yeah. Sanguine-last all up in here

.. . I mean, Influential-last.
Yeah, I caught that similarity too (D=Choleric, etc)...

Explains why I never liked the temperament system -- not secure enough in one type or another. Are you as much on the border in that system as you are in DISC?

G

garbage

Yeah, I caught that similarity too (D=Choleric, etc)...

Explains why I never liked the temperament system -- not secure enough in one type or another. Are you as much on the border in that system as you are in DISC?
Here, check this one out. The Four Humors deal shows up in many, many systems. They're pretty much all the same stuff.

There's one involving a Lion, Otter, Beaver, and Golden Retriever. Guess which is which!? I was administered that test in a class for married couples, which I was in way back after I broke up with my first ex--and was not. even in a relationship at the time. I was there to learn how relationships worked, as a part of busting my ass to figure relationships out. I scored Lion. All of the other dudes scored Beaver.

D/Choleric/Lion/Leonardo/Promethian/Anesthetic usually scores highest for me, with S and C and equivalents farther behind.. say, about 75% as strong. I relate more to S/Phlegmatic/Donatello/phlegm second, though.

Keirsey also correlated the humors with his MBTI temperaments (our lovely NT/NF/SP/SJ), but that doesn't work so well.

Alea_iacta_est

Here, check this one out. The Four Humors deal shows up in many, many systems. They're pretty much all the same stuff.

There's one involving a Lion, Otter, Beaver, and Golden Retriever. Guess which is which!? I was administered that test in a class for married couples, which I was in way back after I broke up with my first ex--and was not. even in a relationship at the time. I was there to learn how relationships worked, as a part of busting my ass to figure relationships out. I scored Lion. All of the other dudes scored Beaver.

D/Choleric/Lion/Leonardo/Promethian/Anesthetic usually scores highest for me, with S and C and equivalents farther behind.. say, about 75% as strong. I relate more to S/Phlegmatic/Donatello/phlegm second, though.

Keirsey also correlated the humors with his MBTI temperaments (our lovely NT/NF/SP/SJ), but that doesn't work so well.

I literally just opened that site and felt the chaos seep into my soul. I'm going to assume that the designer of this website is legally blind to give him or her the benefit of the doubt. I will attempt to discern through the bullshit later in order to get to what you are talking about. XD

I lied and tried to go at it again and am now concerned for the creator of this site considering the fact that their are headings titled "Biochemical Torture", "The Methods of Interrogation", "The Interrogation of the Church", "The Interrogation Environment", "Phases of Interrogation", "Coercive Methods". What the fuck is this site?

Hmmm. Torture specific to MBTI type. How interesting.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have a blend of both Supportive and Inspiring traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Inspiring traits.

Helpful,
Sensitive,
Kind, and
Friendly.

You are very people-oriented, and you probably interact and connect with people very well. You probably do not like conflict, and you will work to keep the peace if at all possible.

Well, this was interesting. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have three styles that show up relatively strongly.

You have a blend of Cautious, Supportive, and Inspiring traits. Your Cautious traits are probably a little stronger than your Supportive or Inspiring traits.

Conscientious,
Careful,
Friendly, and
Cooperative

While you tend towards a reserved approach to interacting with others, you have both reserved and outgoing traits. You can either be task-oriented or people-oriented (relational) depending on the situation. You probably like to create quality results and to interact with others. It is likely that you prefer interacting with people in one-on-one or small group settings, and you can adapt to larger group settings if necessary.

Cautious, me? :shock:

I do admit that at work, I nonstop feel like Im not paying enough attention to details and am not doing my job thorough enough...and yes, I fear criticism. Still, it was the last result I expected, with the exception of Decisive. I might have to look at actually bringing that one down as it riddles me with stress :thinking:

Upon further consideration:

The stress mostly stems from the conflict between the people oriented and the task oriented - I don't feel I can do justice to both, in particular the task-oriented part, so I try and overcompensate and burn out. Or Im so overwhelmed by the perceived standard I should adhere to that I'm paralysed or flake out coz I no longer can stand to be there.

This was in fact very useful to me, OP. Thanks so much :)

G

garbage

Hmm. I'd like to rename the thread tag to encompass all of the "four temperament" systems, but it goes by so many damn names that I'm not sure what to call it. "[4Temps]"?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I literally just opened that site and felt the chaos seep into my soul. I'm going to assume that the designer of this website is legally blind to give him or her the benefit of the doubt. I will attempt to discern through the bullshit later in order to get to what you are talking about. XD
Yeah, my reaction was pretty much for my head to explode. :laugh: [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] more power to you for being able to get through all that!

Edit: Gradually working my way through that document... More posts to come as I look through it

Alea_iacta_est

Yeah, my reaction was pretty much for my head to explode. :laugh: [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] more power to you for being able to get through all that!

Edit: Gradually working my way through that document... Will edit again if more things strike me

Maybe it's a Te thing with wanting to look at the information without any bullshit/distractions. XD

Yeah seriously [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION], I feel myself getting a hemorrhage when I open that site, all of the props to you.

I'm still curious as to why there are torture techniques on the page and a chart related to the use of various drugs.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Re: the animal test, I still don't see how NFs would be beavers. I see beavers as very, very ISTJ. But whatever. :shrug:

Re: the Gingerbread Man test:

Emo Phillips said:
(The school psychologist) gives me a chocolate Easter bunny. And this shows how tricky those guys are. I eat the chocolate and I say, "Wait a second... Was this a test?"

He said, "Yes."

"And what does it mean?"

He said, "Well, had you eaten the ears first you would have been normal; had you eaten the feet first you would have had an inferiority complex; had you eaten the tail first you would have had latent homosexual tendencies; and had you eaten the breasts first you would have had a latent oedipal complex."

I said, "Well, go on. What does it mean when you bite out the eyes and scream, 'Stop staring at me!'?'"

He says, "It shows you've a tendency towards self-destruction."

I said, "What do you recommend?"

He says, "Go for it!"

Edit:
Maybe it's a Te thing with wanting to look at the information without any bullshit/distractions. XD
Probably. "GET TO THE GODDAMN POINT!" :laugh:
Yeah seriously [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION], I feel myself getting a hemorrhage when I open that site, all of the props to you.

I'm still curious as to why there are torture techniques on the page and a chart related to the use of various drugs.
Not to mention all the religious nonsense. :dont:

Another edit: I just got to the "Personality Continuum" table and OH MY GOD. I'm trying, I swear, but... how do you... how can people... ??????

G

garbage

I actually just stopped at that first table (which to me was my point, so it didn't take long to get there) and didn't see how insane it got :(

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chandler, your at work DISC style is I/SC or I/CS. That’s fantastic!

You have a blend of Inspiring, Supportive, and Cautious traits. Your Inspiring traits are probably a little stronger than your Supportive or Cautious traits.

Friendly,
Kind,
Conscientious, and
Approachable

While you tend towards a people-oriented approach to interacting with others, you have both people-oriented and task-oriented traits. You can either be reserved or outgoing depending on the situation. You probably like to interact with others and to create quality results. It is likely that you are supportive and friendly and that you like to follow common sense approaches to solve problems.

I have no idea what this means. :shrug: But from the words I think I'd be I/S>I/C. Can someone explain this to me? *lazy*

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] Do my results sound right? Maybe [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if you know this system. :thinking:

My results sound accurate though. The last paragraph is totally true.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] Seems right. :shrug: I don't know the system super well -- probably because it's so ambiguous. Everyone's some sort of blend, it seems like.

G

garbage

Yup, blends. It's good that they're possible, as they tell more of the story. It's more ambiguous than, say, having one of 16 cognitive styles, but its power is in the fluidity. Trait-based assessments such as Big 5 and the actual MBTI test peg most as toward the middle of a bell curve, on all traits that they measure, but often with a little bit of a preference sometimes.

DISC &c. may peg one style as significantly above the rest, or it might not. Some folks are like, pure Dominant. Some are middle of the road.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], your results point to you being a decently spontaneous and people-centric person, with a bit of passivity on the side; and that asserting your own will is possible but not a priority at all.

Again, though, that's one assessment. :popc1: