• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would you have inside your Mansion?

Billionaires

Any standout features?

P.S. What kind of doors r better? Swivel or automatic?
Large-glass-pivot-doors-from-XTEN-Architecture.jpg

1452525896210vitrocsa-hero.gif

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those doors are pretty nifty.

In a fantasy world, I'd have a mansion with hidden passageways. Inside the mansion, there would be a huge bathroom with pillars and a giant bathtub overlooking some pretty scene out the window. The master bedroom would be luxurious in texture with silk sheets and a huge comfy bed and overstuffed furniture. There would be marble floors everywhere, with beautiful intricate patterns. Maybe the whole house is just carved out of marble. Outside acres of beautiful gardens with a trickling stream, flowering trees, ducks and rabbits. A pool and space for playing lawn games.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I am definitely down with hidden passage ways!

I would have an extensive library (with the swivel ladder) A room for my writing and creative process filled with images that inspire me. Oh yeah and a river running through it.

Billionaires

Those doors are pretty nifty.

In a fantasy world, I'd have a mansion with hidden passageways. Inside the mansion, there would be a huge bathroom with pillars and a giant bathtub overlooking some pretty scene out the window. The master bedroom would be luxurious in texture with silk sheets and a huge comfy bed and overstuffed furniture. There would be marble floors everywhere, with beautiful intricate patterns. Maybe the whole house is just carved out of marble. Outside acres of beautiful gardens with a trickling stream, flowering trees, ducks and rabbits. A pool and space for playing lawn games.

I am definitely down with hidden passage ways!

I would have an extensive library (with the swivel ladder) A room for my writing and creative process filled with images that inspire me. Oh yeah and a river running through it.

Cool

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Windows that can turn opaque.

At least one scenic balcony and a rooftop one can lounge in.

All sorts of funny security items. Alarms that will call / notify me during a break-in. CCTV.

At least one underground floor.

A 'natural' swimming pool. [1] [2]

At least 1 library.

Different rooms for work and different hobbies. All of these will be soundproof.

Room lights that I can control the brightness of (instead of just toggling between on/off).

Indoor greenhouses with natural sunlight filtering through (though it is also equipped with lamps), full of edible plants but also a mini garden. Preferably close to the kitchen so I can just rip them out of the earth and toss them in the pot.

This is not in, but on, but- solar panels.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A realtor to sell the thing.

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
I say swivel since automatic depends on electrical so both would be ideal. Remote control but a manual option too.

I would say for me, a wet sauna. That would be my first splurge. A private sauna in an amazing master bath. That would probably be the only fancy thing aside from a bad ass kitchen. I would put more emphasis on self reliance. Have a huge pond to swim in full of fish to fish. Maybe a lap pool underground too. That I guess would be the last fancy thing. I would have lots and lots of sunlight and security features. I would have a bunker underneath it even if only for tornadoes. I would have an indoor waterfall but that’s not all that luxury since it’s easy to DIY. Maybe a torture room in some sub basement so I can torment my enemies and sell their hair for top dollar to hair extension black market. Lol okay, maybe not the last part. :mellow: okay, how about an amazing food forest section and a horse. That too I suppose is fancy.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought I would have a mansion but it turns out I really don't like great big houses. I like mid-size ones that are interesting and have great character. They are cozier. A must for me is book cases and a very good TV and sound system. I like things that are high quality and will last but I live a pretty simple life.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I say swivel since automatic depends on electrical so both would be ideal. Remote control but a manual option too.

I would say for me, a wet sauna. That would be my first splurge. A private sauna in an amazing master bath. That would probably be the only fancy thing aside from a bad ass kitchen. I would put more emphasis on self reliance. Have a huge pond to swim in full of fish to fish. Maybe a lap pool underground too. That I guess would be the last fancy thing. I would have lots and lots of sunlight and security features. I would have a bunker underneath it even if only for tornadoes. I would have an indoor waterfall but that’s not all that luxury since it’s easy to DIY. Maybe a torture room in some sub basement so I can torment my enemies and sell their hair for top dollar to hair extension black market. Lol okay, maybe not the last part. :mellow: okay, how about an amazing food forest section and a horse. That too I suppose is fancy.

Nothing is too fancy, i was thinking of a sub basement myself lol ..

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I would have a small trailer in my mansion, parked in the entryway, where I would spend 95% of my time when I was home.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Windows that can turn opaque.

At least one scenic balcony and a rooftop one can lounge in.

All sorts of funny security items. Alarms that will call / notify me during a break-in. CCTV.

At least one underground floor.

A 'natural' swimming pool. [1] [2]

At least 1 library.

Different rooms for work and different hobbies. All of these will be soundproof.

Room lights that I can control the brightness of (instead of just toggling between on/off).

Indoor greenhouses with natural sunlight filtering through (though it is also equipped with lamps), full of edible plants but also a mini garden. Preferably close to the kitchen so I can just rip them out of the earth and toss them in the pot.

This is not in, but on, but- solar panels.
I don't care about lounging on the roof (too exposed), but the rest looks alot like my own list. One of the hobby rooms would be for music, but with walls that could slide open for playing with/for a larger group. I would want a normal basement level, and a sub-basement level that included emergency supplies and storage, and was well and discreetly secured from above. A greenhouse would be nice, but I would still want an outdoor garden with raised beds, mostly for vegetables but also for flowers, especially roses. I have an herb garden now, that is close enough to the kitchen for me to step outside and pick herbs for cooking. It is nice. The whole place would also need to blend in with the natural surroundings and be unobtrusive from the roads, and preferably have a good buffer zone of land surrounding it - something else I have in my present home.

Solar panels are good, and depending on the location, the house could incorporate geothermal energy as well. For more environmental friendliness, add rain barrels and a good composting system. I also prefer a well and septic system if the location permits.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't care about lounging on the roof (too exposed), but the rest looks alot like my own list. One of the hobby rooms would be for music, but with walls that could slide open for playing with/for a larger group. I would want a normal basement level, and a sub-basement level that included emergency supplies and storage, and was well and discreetly secured from above. A greenhouse would be nice, but I would still want an outdoor garden with raised beds, mostly for vegetables but also for flowers, especially roses. I have an herb garden now, that is close enough to the kitchen for me to step outside and pick herbs for cooking. It is nice. The whole place would also need to blend in with the natural surroundings and be unobtrusive from the roads, and preferably have a good buffer zone of land surrounding it - something else I have in my present home.

Solar panels are good, and depending on the location, the house could incorporate geothermal energy as well. For more environmental friendliness, add rain barrels and a good composting system. I also prefer a well and septic system if the location permits.

I wouldn't have had the idea of an open roof if I hadn't once lived in an apartment with an open roof. I don't know why, but despite being public, no one ever goes up there. It was a little far from the heart of the city, so it was very quiet- no traffic sounds. It was very fun climbing up there on special days, cooking and having BBQ under the stars at night with almost no light but the light of the moon and handheld sparklers, held like a torch as we walked around, looking over the roof's railings down on everything else.

I would prefer an outdoors garden too, but I have kind of fancied one of those nice little wall plant setups you can hang as decor but also as food. Maybe a mini aeroponic farm in a mini greenhouse, or just hanging plants on the wall that would grow without the specific conditions a greenhouse gives.

I like the idea of being environmentally friendly. I'd probably have various other installments aside from the solar panels, since if I had a mansion and if money wasn't an issue I'd research and go for it if the environment can provide it.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kitchen: A huge coffee bar with a latte machine and lots of syrups, an actual bar, fancy tea sets, a clear fridge

Bedroom: King sized bed, shelves in moon shapes, rainbow fairy lights, a wardrobe that leads to Narnia

Bathroom: A jacuzzi, lots of houseplants, a shower head that lights up, a floor like this:

AY3diws.jpg

Home movie theater: Popcorn machine, soda machine, a red couch to look like theater seats with cupholders.

Outside: Big garden, both for flowers and food guarded with a golden gate with vines. Swing set, stepping stones, revolving doors, a koi pond. Wrap around porch with a grill and a telescope

Game room: Wii, Dance Dance Revolution, a chess table, a shelf full of board games, gaming computer, foosball and air hockey tables

Art room: Nice big desk, canvases, a photography area, sewing machine, a pottery wheel and kiln

Library: Secret passageways, spiral staircase, a giant globe, art of my favorite books, a grandfather clock, a record player

Gym: Dance studio, yoga mats, lots of weights, a pool, sauna, smoothie station

Cheese room and brewery downstairs

I'd also have a room for my pets, like I'd have a cat room with some treat dispensers and some cat condos and plenty of toys. Also, I'd have a room with a huge aquarium that would have walls that glow in the dark and maybe some lava lamps(a glow room??)

Last edited:

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
Realistically, I wouldn’t want a mansion either unless I had the staff to clean it. Maybe a robot to fetch me something so I wouldn’t have to walk a half mile to get something I forgot and god forbid I lost my glasses without my contacts in. I’d be done for.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Library.

Dungeon.

A Room filled with my favourite paintings.

Wine cellar.

Whisky cellar.

A tower, will be used as a study room.

An archery range.

Gym.

Swimming pool.

Hot tub.

A huge garden, only to be tended by myself.

A room for introspection.

Billionaires

What's better Iris scanning doors or Facial recognition room entry?

OK so Facial recognition is better than Iris