User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Windows that can turn opaque.

At least one scenic balcony and a rooftop one can lounge in.

All sorts of funny security items. Alarms that will call / notify me during a break-in. CCTV.

At least one underground floor.

A 'natural' swimming pool. [1] [2]

At least 1 library.

Different rooms for work and different hobbies. All of these will be soundproof.

Room lights that I can control the brightness of (instead of just toggling between on/off).

Indoor greenhouses with natural sunlight filtering through (though it is also equipped with lamps), full of edible plants but also a mini garden. Preferably close to the kitchen so I can just rip them out of the earth and toss them in the pot.

This is not in, but on, but- solar panels.
    I don't care about lounging on the roof (too exposed), but the rest looks alot like my own list. One of the hobby rooms would be for music, but with walls that could slide open for playing with/for a larger group. I would want a normal basement level, and a sub-basement level that included emergency supplies and storage, and was well and discreetly secured from above. A greenhouse would be nice, but I would still want an outdoor garden with raised beds, mostly for vegetables but also for flowers, especially roses. I have an herb garden now, that is close enough to the kitchen for me to step outside and pick herbs for cooking. It is nice. The whole place would also need to blend in with the natural surroundings and be unobtrusive from the roads, and preferably have a good buffer zone of land surrounding it - something else I have in my present home.

Solar panels are good, and depending on the location, the house could incorporate geothermal energy as well. For more environmental friendliness, add rain barrels and a good composting system. I also prefer a well and septic system if the location permits.
    Though the ground was burnt and everything turned into ashes, we will revive again. The sky is still blue, the crashing waves from long ago are unchanged. This is Earth, our planet. This dream is in the hearts of people; so long as they do not abandon it, it will not fade away. For the sake of tomorrow, keep a song in your heart. For the sake of our future, let us stop our crying and stand on our ground firmly.
    Likes klimaxoxox liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't care about lounging on the roof (too exposed), but the rest looks alot like my own list. One of the hobby rooms would be for music, but with walls that could slide open for playing with/for a larger group. I would want a normal basement level, and a sub-basement level that included emergency supplies and storage, and was well and discreetly secured from above. A greenhouse would be nice, but I would still want an outdoor garden with raised beds, mostly for vegetables but also for flowers, especially roses. I have an herb garden now, that is close enough to the kitchen for me to step outside and pick herbs for cooking. It is nice. The whole place would also need to blend in with the natural surroundings and be unobtrusive from the roads, and preferably have a good buffer zone of land surrounding it - something else I have in my present home.

Solar panels are good, and depending on the location, the house could incorporate geothermal energy as well. For more environmental friendliness, add rain barrels and a good composting system. I also prefer a well and septic system if the location permits.
    I wouldn't have had the idea of an open roof if I hadn't once lived in an apartment with an open roof. I don't know why, but despite being public, no one ever goes up there. It was a little far from the heart of the city, so it was very quiet- no traffic sounds. It was very fun climbing up there on special days, cooking and having BBQ under the stars at night with almost no light but the light of the moon and handheld sparklers, held like a torch as we walked around, looking over the roof's railings down on everything else.

I would prefer an outdoors garden too, but I have kind of fancied one of those nice little wall plant setups you can hang as decor but also as food. Maybe a mini aeroponic farm in a mini greenhouse, or just hanging plants on the wall that would grow without the specific conditions a greenhouse gives.

I like the idea of being environmentally friendly. I'd probably have various other installments aside from the solar panels, since if I had a mansion and if money wasn't an issue I'd research and go for it if the environment can provide it.
    VALLITE KING

. . . for truth and peace you fight
    Likes highlander, klimaxoxox liked this post

R Solar Panels the future?

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Kitchen: A huge coffee bar with a latte machine and lots of syrups, an actual bar, fancy tea sets, a clear fridge

Bedroom: King sized bed, shelves in moon shapes, rainbow fairy lights, a wardrobe that leads to Narnia

Bathroom: A jacuzzi, lots of houseplants, a shower head that lights up, a floor like this:

Home movie theater: Popcorn machine, soda machine, a red couch to look like theater seats with cupholders.

Outside: Big garden, both for flowers and food guarded with a golden gate with vines. Swing set, stepping stones, revolving doors, a koi pond. Wrap around porch with a grill and a telescope

Game room: Wii, Dance Dance Revolution, a chess table, a shelf full of board games, gaming computer, foosball and air hockey tables

Art room: Nice big desk, canvases, a photography area, sewing machine, a pottery wheel and kiln

Library: Secret passageways, spiral staircase, a giant globe, art of my favorite books, a grandfather clock, a record player

Gym: Dance studio, yoga mats, lots of weights, a pool, sauna, smoothie station

Cheese room and brewery downstairs

I'd also have a room for my pets, like I'd have a cat room with some treat dispensers and some cat condos and plenty of toys. Also, I'd have a room with a huge aquarium that would have walls that glow in the dark and maybe some lava lamps(a glow room??)
    Last edited by Saturnal Snowqueen; 07-23-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    ₛₕₑ gₐᵥₑ ₘₑ ₛₗₑₑₚᵢₙg ₚₒwdₑᵣ 💊

∞♪∽♪∝♪

MBTI
    INFJ

Realistically, I wouldn’t want a mansion either unless I had the staff to clean it. Maybe a robot to fetch me something so I wouldn’t have to walk a half mile to get something I forgot and god forbid I lost my glasses without my contacts in. I’d be done for.

What's better Lollipop trees or Palm trees?

MBTI
    INTJ

Library.

Dungeon.

A Room filled with my favourite paintings.

Wine cellar.

Whisky cellar.

A tower, will be used as a study room.

An archery range.

Gym.

Swimming pool.

Hot tub.

A huge garden, only to be tended by myself.

A room for introspection.
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen, klimaxoxox liked this post

What's better Iris scanning doors or Facial recognition room entry?

OK so Facial recognition is better than Iris