• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ophiuchus becomes 13th Western Zodiac symbol

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well yeah, Zodiac sign is just a load of BS. Imagine some stupid star in the sky telling you what you should be when in reality it isnt the case at all. Would have been Great if it was an actual personality system rather than it being based around your birthdate of your month.

Finally, something we can agree on

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not that I put a lot of stock in this stuff, but I always thought I more closely matched the description of Capricorn. Confirmation bias though. Several of the signs seem a good match.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As I said earlier I thought it was debunked but the headline came up again. But it's been debunked for good now so there's that.

Well I mean the article doesn't necessarily debunk the existence of a 13th "star sign", but rather says that it isn't new.

The thing is, there are more than 12 constellations the sun can pass through. Some are smaller, or have fainter stars, so they get ignored. The biggest is Ophiuchus, the serpent-bearer, which is a huge constellation taking up quite a bit of celestial real estate, and in fact the sun spends more time in Ophiuchus than Scorpius. Scorpius has brighter stars and an obvious scorpion-like shape, so it gets better press.

So no, NASA didn’t add in Ophiuchus or change the zodiac or anything like that. Ophiuchus has been around this whole time, but has been ignored by astrologers. They’re the ones who should take the blame for all this, not actual scientists who don’t even think astrology is worth wrapping fish in anyway.

Worse, there aren’t really 13 zodiacal constellations. By some counts, there are as many as 21. Not only that, but Earth wobbles like a top, very slowly, and over centuries that changes the dates the sun is in a given constellation. If you were born in late March in ancient Greece, you would have been an Aries. Today, you’d be a Pisces.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Well I mean the article doesn't necessarily debunk the existence of a 13th "star sign", but rather says that it isn't new.

So maybe we remove Sagittarius keeping the 12 signs intact. Its a swap out.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So maybe we remove Sagittarius keeping the 12 signs intact. Its a swap out.

Worse, there aren’t really 13 zodiacal constellations. By some counts, there are as many as 21.

Why does anything need to be kept intact? Really we should just scrap the whole system.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Why does anything need to be kept intact? Really we should just scrap the whole system.

Im not opposed to forming a new system based on the stars, their placement, cycles , and rare cosmic events.

Billionaires

TBH the current System is flawed, a new One would make sense but it won't catch on IMO. Same way as the Creator of the World Wide Web wants a new World Wide Web but it's not catching on and prolly won't ever. Such things u only get One chance.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
TBH the current System is flawed, a new One would make sense but it won't catch on IMO. Same way as the Creator of the World Wide Web wants a new World Wide Web but it's not catching on and prolly won't ever. Such things u only get One chance.

I think a new one would make sense if they got rid of the part about basing it all on planets and stars and when you were born

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
What exactly would be the point of such a system?
Well it is my belief that there is some purpose to these astrological patterns and cycles , they have some meaning or effect that because most people won't take it seriously we don't have any concrete data on the how what and why. So because these events get clumped under mysticism it hasn't got the attention it deserves.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well it is my belief that there is some purpose to these astrological patterns and cycles , they have some meaning or effect that because most people won't take it seriously we don't have any concrete data on the how what and why. So because these events get clumped under mysticism it hasn't got the attention it deserves.

Lol, unfortunately lots of people do it take it seriously and those people are the type of people to easily be manipulated and deceived by the Barnum Effect. Astrology is not "out there" and "mystical" in the slightest.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still a Leo, but half of my family changed.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Astrology is a complete crock of shit personally, but the funny part is if this was the case - my new sign would actually fit better (moving from Virgo to Leo). Why not just scrap the dates and assign it on you know... your actual personality LOL.

I'm in literally this exact boat.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a Virgo in both systems, LOL. People tend to think that I act like a Virgo or Capricorn LOL. Even though I have a lot of Virgo traits, Capricorn fits me better. I agree with [MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION] on her sentiment about people just assigning the zodiac that best fits their personality.