• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Five Temperaments Test

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As you may have known, there weren't any free Five Temperaments tests available online...

So I created my own, for the first time :happy2:!: Five Temperaments Test! It is largely based on Eric B's pages and pages on the theory ;). It's been taken 167 times now :D!

Personally, I got Phlegmatic Sanguine :):

Phlegmatic: 78%
Sanguine: 78%
Supine: 35%
Melancholy: 26%
Choleric: 9%

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Supine

86%
result
You're Supine! Otherwise known as the Leukine or Eclectic temperament, you are a shy, servile, dependent enforcer who probably has many interests and cares, but little ability or need to express them, possibly even feeling as if you have a tape over your mouth. You wish that others could "read your mind." You can be very sensitive and easily offended, much like the Melancholy. Slow-paced and diligent, you're not indifferent, unlike the Phlegmatic, or uncaring about life. Quite the opposite, you may have the strong feeling of the Sanguine but simply be unwilling to express yourself. You have a view of the world that makes you consider others to be superior to yourself. You may even frequently employ yourself in positions that permit yourself to be a servant to others. You will dutifully work to please others, who you see as better than yourself. Your expression is often a shy smile. Other temperament types may view you as a dominating individual. By all outward appearances you may be. But the real truth is that you may be manipulating others into taking care of you, not wanting the responsibility of actual decision making. You'll bottle up your anger, which you may describe as "hurt feelings", but if others cross you too much, or don't appreciate you enough, then like Melancholies, you may react, possibly even violently. You actually need social interaction, but because of your shyness, you hide your need, even simply waiting to be invited, rather than asking if you can visit.

76%Melancholy

72%Phlegmatic

48%Sanguine

21%Choleric

here are the Five Temperaments translated to other personality models: Myers-Briggs: Melancholy (ISTJ-T), Sanguine (ESFP-A), Choleric (ENTJ-A), Phlegmatic (INFP-A), Supine (INFP-T), 81 Types: Melancholy (ISTJ), Sanguine (ESFP), Choleric (ENTJ), Phlegmatic (ARBM), Supine (INFP), Enneagram: Melancholy (Type 5), Sanguine (Type 7), Choleric (Type 8), Phlegmatic (Type 9), Supine (Type 6), DiSC: Melancholy (Compliance), Sanguine (Influence), Choleric (Dominance), Phlegmatic (Steadiness), Supine (unidentified, but if any, Steadiness), True Colours: Melancholy (Gold a.k.a Purple), Sanguine (Orange), Choleric (unidentified, but if any, Green/Orange), Phlegmatic (Green/Blue), Supine (Blue).

Mmm. I don't think I'm dominating. Or servile. I generally don't see others as being better than me. And I don't manipulate others into meeting my needs... but translated into INFP, it's accurate. :shrug:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Supine 79%
Phlegmatic 74%
Melancholy 64%
Sanguine 34%
Choleric 21%

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your Result: Phlegmatic

88%

You're Phlegmatic! You are a calm, easygoing, diplomatic mediator who is cool, composed, and collected, not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness, or unforgiveness typical of the other temperaments. You're peaceful, agreeable, well balanced, stoic, happily reconciled to life, and realistic in demands for love and affection. You're easy to get along with, pleasant, and enjoyable. You're an indifferent observer, who does not get involved nor expends much energy. You have no fear of rejection, and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. You can function quite well in a hostile social setting, as nothing ruffles your feathers. You're very practical and peace-loving, and you're a good peacemaker and arbitrator. You're known for your dry humour, accompanied by your deadpan delivery, and you can be sarcastic and teasing. Because of your tendency to uninvolvement, you're a natural negotiator and diplomat. You have great administrative ability, and you're good under pressure. You often have a blank expression and speak in a deadpan and monotone voice. In any situation, you're often neutral, moderate, apathetic, complacent, noncommittal, and emotionless, giving not much more than a blank stare, with your low energy drive not pushing you either way. Due to this, you can be stubborn, lazy, and careless, often needing sleep to regenerate yourself. You have a great capacity for work requiring precision and accuracy and expending minimal energy.

Supine 79%

Melancholy 65%

Sanguine 24%

Choleric 2%

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Supine

86%
result
You're Supine! Otherwise known as the Leukine or Eclectic temperament, you are a shy, servile, dependent enforcer who probably has many interests and cares, but little ability or need to express them, possibly even feeling as if you have a tape over your mouth. You wish that others could "read your mind." You can be very sensitive and easily offended, much like the Melancholy. Slow-paced and diligent, you're not indifferent, unlike the Phlegmatic, or uncaring about life. Quite the opposite, you may have the strong feeling of the Sanguine but simply be unwilling to express yourself. You have a view of the world that makes you consider others to be superior to yourself. You may even frequently employ yourself in positions that permit yourself to be a servant to others. You will dutifully work to please others, who you see as better than yourself. Your expression is often a shy smile. Other temperament types may view you as a dominating individual. By all outward appearances you may be. But the real truth is that you may be manipulating others into taking care of you, not wanting the responsibility of actual decision making. You'll bottle up your anger, which you may describe as "hurt feelings", but if others cross you too much, or don't appreciate you enough, then like Melancholies, you may react, possibly even violently. You actually need social interaction, but because of your shyness, you hide your need, even simply waiting to be invited, rather than asking if you can visit.

76%Melancholy

72%Phlegmatic

48%Sanguine

21%Choleric

Mmm. I don't think I'm dominating. Or servile. I generally don't see others as being better than me. And I don't manipulate others into meeting my needs... but translated into INFP, it's accurate. :shrug:

Hmm... Your high Melancholy (76%) and Phlegmatic (72%) may be diluting/tempering these traits. Your temperament blend, Supine Melancholy (SupMel or Sup-Mel), which reduces the Supine traits you mentioned, may describe you better :).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Melancholy

81%
result
You're Melancholy! You are very much a sorrowful introvert who needs to learn to communicate your feelings; emotionally you are very protective and guarded. The way you demonstrate or say you love someone is by being dependable and responsible, not in physical or verbal terms necessarily. Because of your intellectual and analytical energies you can see the end results of a project before moving forward. You have a very sensitive emotional nature; feelings dominate your being. Sometimes moods will lift you to extreme highs; at other times you will be gloomy and depressed. The secondary temperament will often help balance this out. You aren't very social by nature, meeting new people is extremely difficult and social activities can be draining to you. You are the most sad out of the temperaments, and you will often have a woeful expression. You have a critical or "directive" bent, like the Choleric. At your best, you are capable of great and wonderful things. When you sink to your weaknesses you become destructive to yourself and those close to you. You can be a loner, who's more task oriented as opposed to relationship-oriented. You tend to be a perfectionist and may set unreasonable standards and goals for yourself and the people around you. You are very loyal person to both your family and friends. If you make a promise, you will keep it. You are very creative, but are prone to deep depression. You are a very private person, as well as very serious, and self-motivated.

45%Choleric

45%Supine

43%Phlegmatic

21%Sanguine

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Supine is not defined how I've seen it traditionally, but all in all this seems to work? I'm definitly far more "Melancholy" than any of the other temperaments, though I'd usually consider myself MelPhleg before MelChol (though neither is a poor fit really). Decent quiz.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As you may have known, there weren't any free Five Temperaments tests available online...

So I created my own, for the first time :happy2:!: Five Temperaments Test! It is largely based on Eric B's pages and pages on the theory ;). It's been taken 167 times now :D!

Personally, I got Phlegmatic Sanguine :):

Phlegmatic: 78%
Sanguine: 78%
Supine: 35%
Melancholy: 26%
Choleric: 9%

I was wondering, do you know what the Supine combos would look like? Like what would a PhlegSupine typically look like? I looked online for some combos but didn't find any. Awesome quiz btw.

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was wondering, do you know what the Supine combos would look like? Like what would a PhlegSupine typically look like? I looked online for some combos but didn't find any.

Here’s a description I found for Phlegmatic Supine (PhlegSup or Phleg-Sup) :):

“Phlegmatic Supine expresses as a Phlegmatic and responds to the same need as a Supine. This person, to all who observe them in social situations, will appear to be a Phlegmatic. They will be more personable than the normal Supine and slightly more direct in expressing their need. This ability to socialize will help them to meet their high needs for an association. When approached for socialization and association, this person will respond with the intense need to belong that is normal for the Supine. This type of temperament is extremely slow-paced and appears to be task oriented. In reality, they are always looking for socialization. They do not appear to be extrovert, but under the right circumstances, will respond as an extrovert. This person, while making decisions and taking on responsibilities, will express as a Phlegmatic and respond as a Supine. The Phlegmatic Supine expresses themselves by only taking on responsibilities and making decisions needed to get through the day. They will usually be on guard against taking on too much or doing things for a long period of time.”

Awesome quiz btw.

Thank you, that means a lot :D. It took quite some time and effort :laugh:.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Choleric

66%
result
You're Choleric! A critical director, your temperament is identified as the most powerful (and destructive) of the temperaments. You're extremely tough-willed, being dictatorial and domineering. When you've made up your mind, you rarely if ever change it, even if you're wrong. You may never listen to the advice of anyone else. You want to have total control and power over yourself and all others around you. The only temperament you can't control is the Phlegmatic, which can frustrate you. You're of the opinion that you know what is best for those around you, and what is acceptable behavior according to you. Being "the angry temperament", you can be irritable and hostile, quick to anger. Your expression tends to be a grumpy frown. You have a tendency to never express other emotions such as love, tenderness, warmth and compassion. This is often offset with a secondary temperament. When other people express these emotions, you may consider them as unnecessary and useless. You believe no one else can carry out a task as well as you. You may be prone to burnout, and you have a tendency to overwork yourself. When carrying out various tasks to accomplish goals you're capable of behaving any way necessary to get it done. Unlike the Melancholy, who's capable of seeing the pitfalls of a project before taking action, you refuse to see any pitfalls. You'll forge ahead regardless of the cost, since to you the end justifies the means. You believe your way is the only one that is correct.

64%Sanguine

62%Melancholy

52%Phlegmatic

16%Supine

A Lost Boy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
76% Phlegmatic
72% Melancholic
62% Supine
46% Sanguine
30% Choleric

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Phlegmatic: 56%

You're Phlegmatic! You are a calm, easygoing, diplomatic mediator who is cool, composed, and collected, not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness, or unforgiveness typical of the other temperaments. You're peaceful, agreeable, well balanced, stoic, happily reconciled to life, and realistic in demands for love and affection. You're easy to get along with, pleasant, and enjoyable. You're an indifferent observer, who does not get involved nor expend much energy. You have no fear of rejection, and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. You can function quite well in a hostile social setting, as nothing ruffles your feathers. You're very practical and peace-loving, you're a good peacemaker and arbitrator. You're known for your poker face and dry humour, accompanied by your deadpan delivery, you can be sarcastic and teasing. Because of your tendency to uninvolvement, you're a natural negotiator and diplomat. You have great administrative ability, and you're good under pressure. You often have a blank expression with half-closed eyes and speak in a deadpan and monotone voice. In situations, you're often neutral, moderate, apathetic, complacent, noncommittal, and emotionless, giving only a blank stare, with your low energy drive not pushing you either way, causing you to be stubborn, lazy, and careless, needing sleep to regenerate yourself. You have a great capacity for work requiring precision and accuracy, and expending minimal energy.

52%Supine

50%Melancholy

46%Choleric

42%Sanguine

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The second I saw the introduction image, I thought "Is Eric B involved?" Anyway, to the event....

Sanguine: 88%
Phelgmatic: 68%
Supine: 48%
Melancholic: 28%
Choleric: 24%

Meowcat

Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Choleric 83%

"You're Choleric! A critical director, your temperament is identified as the most powerful (and destructive) of the temperaments. You're extremely tough-willed, being dictatorial and domineering. When you've made up your mind, you rarely if ever change it, even if you're wrong. You may never listen to the advice of anyone else. You want to have total control and power over yourself and all others around you. The only temperament you can't control is the Phlegmatic, which can frustrate you. You're of the opinion that you know what is best for those around you, and what is acceptable behavior according to you. Being "the angry temperament", you can be irritable and hostile, quick to anger. Your expression tends to be a grumpy frown. You have a tendency to never express other emotions such as love, tenderness, warmth and compassion. This is often offset with a secondary temperament. When other people express these emotions, you may consider them as unnecessary and useless. You believe no one else can carry out a task as well as you. You may be prone to burnout, and you have a tendency to overwork yourself. When carrying out various tasks to accomplish goals you're capable of behaving any way necessary to get it done. Unlike the Melancholy, who's capable of seeing the pitfalls of a project before taking action, you refuse to see any pitfalls. You'll forge ahead regardless of the cost, since to you the end justifies the means. You believe your way is the only one that is correct."

Plus
50% Sanguine
43% Melancholy
24% Phlegmatic
15% Supine

This just sounds ESTJ, lol... Which I've been typed on here. That description is exaggerated anyhow, I'm not AS choleric as that. Uh, definitely am not Supine though.

PS. And yes Phlegmatic can frustrate me like that.

Last edited:

Meowcat

Here’s a description I found for Phlegmatic Supine (PhlegSup or Phleg-Sup) :):

“Phlegmatic Supine expresses as a Phlegmatic and responds to the same need as a Supine. This person, to all who observe them in social situations, will appear to be a Phlegmatic. They will be more personable than the normal Supine and slightly more direct in expressing their need. This ability to socialize will help them to meet their high needs for an association. When approached for socialization and association, this person will respond with the intense need to belong that is normal for the Supine. This type of temperament is extremely slow-paced and appears to be task oriented. In reality, they are always looking for socialization. They do not appear to be extrovert, but under the right circumstances, will respond as an extrovert. This person, while making decisions and taking on responsibilities, will express as a Phlegmatic and respond as a Supine. The Phlegmatic Supine expresses themselves by only taking on responsibilities and making decisions needed to get through the day. They will usually be on guard against taking on too much or doing things for a long period of time.”

Where are all these descriptions, are there any for the other combos?

EDIT: Found them here Temperament Blends – Temperament Study

It's clearly not complete, too bad. I related the most to Choleric Phlegmatic but since the list is not complete, it wouldn't be a final conclusion. The Choleric parts fit very well, the Phlegmatic parts not as good. Phlegmatic Choleric (which is a Choleric that behaves phlegmatic) felt like the priorities were switched. Choleric Phlegmatic though did not describe my needs too well, but also I think I reject Melancholic and Supine stuff in myself. And not Sanguine enough. Choleric describes some of my needs (and not just expression) but I'm definitely not a pure Choleric. So... it doesn't add up too well

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's clearly not complete, too bad. I related the most to Choleric Phlegmatic but since the list is not complete, it wouldn't be a final conclusion. The Choleric parts fit very well, the Phlegmatic parts not as good. Phlegmatic Choleric (which is a Choleric that behaves phlegmatic) felt like the priorities were switched. Choleric Phlegmatic though did not describe my needs too well, but also I think I reject Melancholic and Supine stuff in myself. And not Sanguine enough. Choleric describes some of my needs (and not just expression) but I'm definitely not a pure Choleric. So... it doesn't add up too well

It is possible that you could be a blend of different temperaments in the three areas of need. If you want a lot more detailed results, there are the three areas of interaction in the Five Temperaments, of which behaviour and personality are divided into: Inclusion (how much you generally include other people in your life and how much attention, contact, and recognition you want from others), Control (how much influence and responsibility you need, and how much you want others to lead and establish procedures and policies), and Affection (how close and warm you are with others and to what extent you want others to show warmth and support to you). These three areas of need were taken from Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO) and are used to measure the Five Temperaments. So for example, you can be a Phlegmatic Sanguine in Inclusion, Phlegmatic Sanguine in Control, and Phlegmatic in Affection (which is my blend, Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic, PGPGP :D). For more information here at Typology Central, read the lengthy forums at Temperament by Inclusion, Control and Affection. This results in a much more detailed profile. With the Compulsive areas and Phlegmatic blends included, there are a total of 4,913 possible combinations! Here are the short I/C/A tests I recently created, which are the only free ones available online (they all had to be separated due to the 10 results limit; so there are six tests, but all of them only have 10-14 questions each, so it shouldn’t take too long to finish them ;)):

Main temperaments and Compulsive variations:

Five Temperaments (Inclusion) Test
Five Temperaments (Control) Test
Five Temperaments (Affection) Test

Phlegmatic blends:

Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Inclusion) Test
Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Control) Test
Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Affection) Test

Last edited:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
phlegmatic, supine, and melancholy were relatively well balanced... choleric is the anti-me...

Meowcat

It is possible that you could be a blend of different temperaments in the three areas of need. If you want a lot more detailed results, there are the three areas of interaction in the Five Temperaments, of which behaviour and personality are divided into: Inclusion (how much you generally include other people in your life and how much attention, contact, and recognition you want from others), Control (how much influence and responsibility you need, and how much you want others to lead and establish procedures and policies), and Affection (how close and warm you are with others and to what extent you want others to show warmth and support to you). These three areas of need were taken from Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO) and are used to measure the Five Temperaments. So for example, you can be a Phlegmatic Sanguine in Inclusion, Phlegmatic Sanguine in Control, and Phlegmatic in Affection (which is my blend, Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic, PGPGP :D). For more information here at Typology Central, read the lengthy forums at Temperament by Inclusion, Control and Affection. This results in a much more detailed profile. With the Compulsive areas and Phlegmatic blends included, there are a total of 4,913 possible combinations! Here are the short I/C/A tests I recently created, which are the only free ones available online (they all had to be separated due to the 10 results limit; so there are six tests, but all of them only have 10-13 questions each, so it shouldn’t take too long to finish them ;)):

Main temperaments and Compulsive variations:

Five Temperaments (Inclusion) Test
Five Temperaments (Control) Test
Five Temperaments (Affection) Test

Phlegmatic blends:

Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Inclusion) Test
Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Control) Test
Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Blends (Affection) Test

Thanks. :) Gonna do these now. Will there be Choleric Blends tests too?

I think just going by your post here tho':

Inclusion: I'm not high on this, but not totally crazy low. Maybe like 30% overall and want more inclusion from others than vice versa (less ability for it myself). Maybe 40% when it comes to wanting/receiving it from others.
Control: when I'm engaged say 70% from me, 30%-50% from others (depending on situation).
Affection: low on it myself, bit higher from others.

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks. :) Gonna do these now. Will there be Choleric Blends tests too?

I think just going by your post here tho':

Inclusion: I'm not high on this, but not totally crazy low. Maybe like 30% overall and want more inclusion from others than vice versa (less ability for it myself). Maybe 40% when it comes to wanting/receiving it from others.
Control: when I'm engaged say 70% from me, 30%-50% from others (depending on situation).
Affection: low on it myself, bit higher from others.

Five Temperaments is actually a matrix, so unlike other personality models, it is a literal map :D. For example, Melancholy is low in expression and low in responsiveness (and so is located in the bottom left). The Phlegmatic blends are actually just moderate, less driven variations of the other four temperaments. You see, Phlegmatic has a low energy drive in any direction, so it is placed in the middle. And the closer to the middle you are, the less energy you will have, thus the Phlegmatic blends. Inclusion, Control, and Affection are not personality types but are just areas of interaction. For example, you can be a Phlegmatic Choleric in Inclusion, Melancholy in Control, and Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection. This is much more detailed than a blind percentage figure. Here’s a very detailed Five Temperaments map:

D3A92B2C-E588-405D-A189-B097E96955B2.jpeg