• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Five Temperaments Test

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks. :) Gonna do these now. Will there be Choleric Blends tests too?

I think just going by your post here tho':

Inclusion: I'm not high on this, but not totally crazy low. Maybe like 30% overall and want more inclusion from others than vice versa (less ability for it myself). Maybe 40% when it comes to wanting/receiving it from others.
Control: when I'm engaged say 70% from me, 30%-50% from others (depending on situation).
Affection: low on it myself, bit higher from others.

Five Temperaments is actually a matrix, so unlike other personality models, it is a literal map :D. For example, Melancholy is low in expression and low in responsiveness (and so is located in the bottom left). The Phlegmatic blends are actually just moderate, less driven variations of the other four temperaments. You see, Phlegmatic has a low energy drive in any direction, so it is placed in the middle. And the closer to the middle you are, the less energy you will have, thus the Phlegmatic blends. Inclusion, Control, and Affection are not personality types but are just areas of interaction. For example, you can be a Phlegmatic Choleric in Inclusion, Melancholy in Control, and Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection. This is much more detailed than a blind percentage figure. Here’s a very detailed Five Temperaments map:

View attachment 22284

Meowcat

[MENTION=40289]Ezekiel[/MENTION] I got the following; I will bold parts of what I definitely related to, underline what I extremely relate to, strike-through what I didn't relate to and [] for comments;

For Inclusion it was messy, first I got Supine but that didn't fit and then I got Choleric but since I had close scores and too much of the Choleric didn't fit I tried to answer some of the questions differently again, so these are all my results I got in trying to answer in different ways trying to make it more accurate/precise:

Choleric in Inclusion 66%

Choleric Compulsive in Inclusion 58%

Melancholy in Inclusion 58%

Supine in Inclusion 56%

Melancholy Compulsive in Inclusion 54%

Supine Compulsive in Inclusion 54%

Phlegmatic in Inclusion 52%

Sanguine in Inclusion 50%

Sanguine Compulsive in Inclusion 46%

You're Supine Compulsive in Inclusion (a.k.a "Inhibited Individual")! You are very deep down an extrovert, although you appear to be an introvert [feels that way kinda]. You compulsively approach very, very few people for association and need others to initiate; you're extremely d̶e̶v̶a̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ [too emotional wording!!] when not included in social activities by others. Your signals (language and body language) cause people to think that you do not desire socialization or association. [Can easily happen, not always] Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶w̶-̶p̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶w̶, steady pace. You lose a ̶m̶a̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ of momentum as the day progresses; requiring a change of environment to regenerate lagging energy reserves. You respond only to the threat of punishment, not the promise of reward; you will move from present state or make changes to gain recognition and approval or to avoid negative consequences. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶x̶i̶e̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶i̶o̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ Your compulsive mood swings are responsive to the environment, in that a change of environment will change your mood.

You're Choleric in Inclusion (a.k.a. the "Illusive Pimpernel" and "Now You See Them, Now You Don't")! An extrovert of a highly selective nature, you approach many people for association and socialization but actually only want to associate with only a select few. You use your ability to socialize as a screening device, selecting those individuals with whom you wish to associate. You only choose social events that meet you needs and desires. The few people you choose to associate with must meet a criteria that is in your mind. Fast-paced, you prefer working at a furious pace. You are task-oriented and relate better to tasks and systems than to people. Tough-minded and strong-willed, once your mind is made up, you have a hard time changing it. You need recognition for accomplishments.

You're Melancholy Compulsive in Inclusion (a.k.a. "The Loner")! You are an extreme introvert who's an intensely private, grave, grim, and serious person. You need a whole lot of alone (quiet) time every day to think, dream and regenerate. You are extremely selective with whom you socialize. You approach very, very few people for socialization and are extremely happy and elated when not approached. You almost always rather stay home than socialize. You are extremely task-oriented, relating much better to tasks, and you have very little understanding of people [not that bad tho', not "very little"]. You're extremely slow-paced and careful. You compulsively work at an extremely steady [not always steady but I can be yes], very slow pace. You lose a whole lot of momentum as the day progresses.

For Control it was simple. Choleric. That's what I think too. I do agree with the order of the rest too. Really good really, even the percentages. Supine no way in hell I'd be for this one. Decent but not too high Melancholic works too yah

Choleric Compulsive in Control 88%

Choleric in Control 86%

Melancholy in Control 58%

Melancholy Compulsive in Control 55%

Phlegmatic in Control 41%

Sanguine in Control 36%

Sanguine Compulsive in Control 36%

Supine in Control 15%

Supine Compulsive in Control 14%

You're Choleric Compulsive in Control (a.k.a. "Mission Impossible"! You compulsively undertake extremely poor behaviors [at times yes :s] in order to maintain control of others [I don't want to call that full-on controlling though]. You make quick, intuitive decisions. Extremely perfectionistic, you are highly critical of yourself and others, especially when your perfectionistic standards [are important yes, but not crazy perfectionistic] are not met. You have an extremely cruel, abusive temper, externalizing your anger and lashing out at others. You become compulsively angry if told what to do or if someone interferes with your independence, you may use your very cruel temper to maintain control of others (through harsh intimidation). You compulsively demand recognition for accomplishments. You repeatedly demand to have [not TOO much] control over the lives and behaviors of others, but will tolerate almost no control over your own life and behavior.

For Affection, hmm... a tiny bit messy again. It said Choleric but it's deff overkill on its own, I related to some Melancholic too. Infact this along with Inclusion made me start considering if I really do want all that much from others socially or emotionally, lol. For social stuff, I want and like interaction but the actual social part gotta be pretty short before I can focus on the activity itself or an interesting topic or some task or goal to be done/achieved. For the affection/intimate stuff I don't know how much affection/attention/care/emotional interaction I want, I think I want some, not like "very little" but its like... if it's little I don't care, I can be alone just fine. HOWEVER, if it's really that little then I feel like I'm not getting enough out of the relationship and so I wouldn't want to bother to share my life with the person all that much let alone live with them. OK that does sound Choleric lol but... :dry: :huh: ... The Sanguine being last (but not like crazy low %) is accurate, though. I just know it being too low is unhealthy for me somehow tho'

Choleric in Affection 77%

Choleric Compulsive in Affection 71%

Melancholy in Affection 62%

Melancholy Compulsive in Affection 60%

Phlegmatic in Affection 57%

Supine in Affection 50%

Supine Compulsive in Affection 48%

Sanguine in Affection 41%

Sanguine Compulsive in Affection 34%

You're Choleric in Affection (a.k.a. "Mask/Image of Intimacy")! You appear to be a open, bright, outgoing, optimistic, ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ person, like a Sanguine. However, you seem to want deep personal relationships, when in reality you do not. When approached for love and affection you will most likely turn your back, and when approached for a deep personal relationship you will walk away from it. The explanation for this is very simple; you must be shown love and affection according to your terms. You will not accept a deep personal relationship if their terms are not met. Extremely self-centered (although you may not appear this way), you have very indirect, non-congruent behavior [IDK??? Interesting], you reject people, ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ [No I find this really rude, it is hard for me to reject emotional expressions of these] (you will accept love and affection only according to your terms), and you are usually ̶c̶r̶u̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶. [Fuck manipulations like that] You approach only select people for deep relationships. [I do approach tho' I'm always real tense and almost anxious about it but I have to initiate if the other party didn't]

You're Melancholy Compulsive in Affection (a.k.a. "The Pessimist")! Y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶,̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ [FUCK this is where I get REAL conflicted. I have low capacity to have deep feelings but then I can have some and then I do NOT want ANY, I'm like fuck deep feelz, but then I focused a lot on them for a while compulsively even, but I'm back to "fuck them" because they plain weaken me too much and I will not allow that & I feel my old self again without them!! And the last time I had "tender" feelings was me on birth control pills at age 21 which has been awhile and I wasn't being myself & quit the pill due to that], but you seldom show or communicate how you truly feel. You are a very loyal, faithful friend who is extremely true to your word. ̶V̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶-̶s̶a̶c̶r̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ [NO I will not allow to get myself fucked over and taken advantage of. But I do like to contribute and help] for both deep relationships and humanity as a whole, you are ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶s̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶a̶t̶h̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ [IDK - I hate the wording here again, and I have weak affective empathy but it does make me too easily very helpful if that counts.] You have a compulsive, extreme fear of rejection [Nah I'm not weak enough to feel such but I don't like rejection and will pre-empt it], therefore, you wait for others to prove themselves trustworthy [Wish I had that much foresight] and must feel safe prior to entering a deep relationship [Yeh before it gets deep it has to be safe, do I even want deep shit, I doubt it]. ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶-̶e̶s̶t̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶l̶s̶i̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶s̶s̶i̶m̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ [I have high self-respect and I'm optimistic] about deep personal relationships, therefore, when you lose a deep relationship, it is terribly devastating [This however is true, fuck it]. If you are hurt or rejected by a significant person in your life, you will become extremely upset and compulsively seek vengeance ̶(̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶)̶.

---

...As you can see I added lots of comments for the Melancholy one. Like real conflicted about it. Idk if a true Choleric in Affection can be that conflicted. ??

PS. Again, I identified with Sanguine in general as a teenager - then I got more irritable and less fun oriented later

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=39881]Meowcat[/MENTION]: For some reason, my post from the afternoon (before you took the test) got deleted :shock:... Anyway, here it is:

Thanks. :) Gonna do these now. Will there be Choleric Blends tests too?

I think just going by your post here tho':

Inclusion: I'm not high on this, but not totally crazy low. Maybe like 30% overall and want more inclusion from others than vice versa (less ability for it myself). Maybe 40% when it comes to wanting/receiving it from others.
Control: when I'm engaged say 70% from me, 30%-50% from others (depending on situation).
Affection: low on it myself, bit higher from others.

Five Temperaments is actually a matrix, based on expressive vs. wanted (also known as “responsive”) behaviour, so unlike other personality models, it is a literal map :D. Think of the boundaries between the temperaments like international borders. For example, Melancholy is low in expression and low in responsiveness (and so is located in the bottom left). Since the Choleric is located on the bottom right (high expression, low responsiveness), they express like a Sanguine, but actually want the same as a Melancholy. The Phlegmatic blends are actually just moderate, less driven variations that are located in between the four (non-Phlegmatic) driven temperaments. For example, Phlegmatic Melancholy is in between Melancholy and Choleric (but leaning towards Melancholy). You see, Phlegmatic is the only non-driven temperament, and has a low energy drive in any direction, so they are placed in the middle. And the closer to the middle (in between two different temperaments) you are, the less energy you will have, and the less driven towards either temperament’s goals you will become, thus the more Phlegmatic expressive or responsive behaviour. This creates the Phlegmatic blends. Inclusion, Control, and Affection are not personality types but are just areas of interaction. For example, you can be a Phlegmatic Choleric in Inclusion, Melancholy in Control, and Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection. This is much more detailed than a blind percentage figure. Here’s a very detailed Five Temperaments map :):

2F115C9D-51FD-4659-A35E-86E945F86D9F.jpeg

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
c̶r̶u̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶-̶e̶s̶t̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶l̶s̶i̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶s̶s̶i̶m̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶

Actually, “their” was a typo, thanks for showing me that :)! It’s supposed to be “your”. I’ve fixed it. Also, “tends” has been fixed too.

For the affection/intimate stuff I don't know how much affection/attention/care/emotional interaction I want, I think I want some, not like "very little" but its like... if it's little I don't care, I can be alone just fine.

This seems like a sort of Phlegmatic position, where you don’t care either way. You may very well be one of the Phlegmatic blends (which are basically moderate versions of the other four temperaments) in Affection, and maybe Inclusion. You can take the Phlegmatic blend tests to find out (if your Phlegmatic blend result’s percentage exceeds the percentage you got of the main (and compulsive) temperaments, then you are that Phlegmatic blend in the area of need).

Meowcat

[MENTION=39881]Meowcat[/MENTION]: For some reason, my post from the afternoon (before you took the test) got deleted :shock:... Anyway, here it is:

Five Temperaments is actually a matrix, based on expressive vs. wanted (also known as “responsive”) behaviour, so unlike other personality models, it is a literal map :D. Think of the boundaries between the temperaments like international borders. For example, Melancholy is low in expression and low in responsiveness (and so is located in the bottom left). Since the Choleric is located on the bottom right (high expression, low responsiveness), they express like a Sanguine, but actually want the same as a Melancholy. The Phlegmatic blends are actually just moderate, less driven variations that are located in between the four (non-Phlegmatic) driven temperaments. For example, Phlegmatic Melancholy is in between Melancholy and Choleric (but leaning towards Melancholy). You see, Phlegmatic is the only non-driven temperament, and has a low energy drive in any direction, so they are placed in the middle. And the closer to the middle (in between two different temperaments) you are, the less energy you will have, and the less driven towards either temperament’s goals you will become, thus the more Phlegmatic expressive or responsive behaviour. This creates the Phlegmatic blends. Inclusion, Control, and Affection are not personality types but are just areas of interaction. For example, you can be a Phlegmatic Choleric in Inclusion, Melancholy in Control, and Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection. This is much more detailed than a blind percentage figure. Here’s a very detailed Five Temperaments map :):

View attachment 22286

Thanks, do you have a larger version of the map, because this one is very hard to read even after downloading it.

Actually, “their” was a typo, thanks for showing me that :)! It’s supposed to be “your”. I’ve fixed it. Also, “tends” has been fixed too.

Oh yeah I figured it was a typo, and np lol.

This seems like a sort of Phlegmatic position, where you don’t care either way. You may very well be one of the Phlegmatic blends (which are basically moderate versions of the other four temperaments) in Affection, and maybe Inclusion. You can take the Phlegmatic blend tests to find out (if your Phlegmatic blend result’s percentage exceeds the percentage you got of the main (and compulsive) temperaments, then you are that Phlegmatic blend in the area of need).

I do care, I don't think I'm Phlegmatic at all there, I'm more just unclear what's best for me in this area atm.

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks, do you have a larger version of the map, because this one is very hard to read even after downloading it.

Sorry, is this one clearer :thinking:?:

View attachment 22290

I do care, I don't think I'm Phlegmatic at all there, I'm more just unclear what's best for me in this area atm.

Hmm... to me it really seems like you are a Phlegmatic Choleric or Phlegmatic Melancholy in Affection. Those two are actually in between Choleric and Melancholy, despite the naming. They are called Phlegmatic because they lie between two temperaments, so they are less driven towards either temperament’s goals, and thus in the area of lower energy (like Phlegmatic). I suggest you take the Phlegmatic blend tests that I gave on the previous page, they will probably give you a more accurate temperament result & description for Affection.

Meowcat

Sorry, is this one clearer :thinking:?:

Lol sorry if this is becoming a PITA for you, but the link isn't working here. :huh:

Hmm... to me it really seems like you are a Phlegmatic Choleric or Phlegmatic Melancholy in Affection. Those two are actually in between Choleric and Melancholy, despite the naming. They are called Phlegmatic because they lie between two temperaments, so they are less driven towards either temperament’s goals, and thus in the area of lower energy (like Phlegmatic). I suggest you take the Phlegmatic blend tests that I gave on the previous page, they will probably give you a more accurate temperament result & description for Affection.

OK, going to take them in a bit.

Meowcat

[MENTION=40289]Ezekiel[/MENTION]

I did the tests.

Inclusion: This one works okay. I do think I prob had more bits of the Sanguine stuff as a teenager/when younger in general either way tho' for Inclusion. Pretty sure by now, thinking about it, that that space can't be filled with Choleric stuff. But yeah this result works for how I am now. The Sanguine Phlegmatic is still the runner-up here at 60%

Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion 91%

Sanguine Phlegmatic in Inclusion 60%

Phlegmatic Choleric in Inclusion 43%

Phlegmatic Supine in Inclusion 19%

Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion 19%

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Inclusion 10%

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Inclusion 3%

Phlegmatic Melancholy in Inclusion 2%

You're Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion (a.k.a. "The Conversationalist")! An extroverted ambivert of a highly selective nature, y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶a̶c̶h̶ [I prefer being approached tho' I can initiate for a tiny amount of time here and there but then I can't maintain that on my own] a great many people for socialization and association; however, you only require a moderate amount of association. You only attend social events of your own choosing and, without meaning to, you reject people by turning down invitations. Surface relationships must meet your requirements for independence and recognition for accomplishments. Mostly task-oriented, you relate better to tasks and systems and you have not much understanding of people. You are highly motivated by your accomplishments and to receive recognition for them. Mostly fast-paced, you prefer quick activities, but run out of energy reserves [I don't run out totally quickly, I will keep going and putting in the effort if I gotta] very quickly. Motivated by rewards, you are strong-minded, once your mind is made up, it is very hard to change it. You have a very good mind for envisioning new projects to undertake. A perfectionist, you have a ̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶u̶r̶. You can give false messages, appearing to want to socialize and associate when, in reality, you require only a limited amount of socialization. You become angry and cruel if not recognized for your accomplishments. You expect perfection [just excellence] out of yourself and others, and are highly critical when your idea of perfection is not realized. ̶Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶r̶r̶i̶t̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶e̶.̶ You will not accept punishment and you'll try to reverse it.

Control - Yeah simple enough. This was always Choleric, teenager or not. lol
I like the Mission impossible title even.

Choleric Phlegmatic in Control 85%

Sanguine Phlegmatic in Control 78%

Phlegmatic Melancholy in Control 45%

Phlegmatic Choleric in Control 45%

Supine Phlegmatic in Control 45%

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Control 20%

Phlegmatic Supine in Control 20%

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Control 20%

You're Choleric Phlegmatic in Control (a.k.a. "Mission Impossible with Narcissistic Tendencies")! You're a highly independent person who must have a great deal of control [just some for others] over the lives and behaviors of others and will tolerate only a moderate amount of control over your own life and behavior. You have a high need for achievement, but must have recognition for that achievement [this recognition thing keeps coming up... I'm not totally sure how strong that motivation is for me but it's there too sure]. You make very quick, intuitive decisions. You are very confident in your ability to make decisions and take on responsibilities. A perfectionist, you set high standards for yourself and others. You become angry if not recognized for accomplishments. You also become angry if someone tries to interfere with your independence. ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶s̶a̶r̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶c̶)̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ [Nah I have no humour anymore and so I'm just more direct than that] You tend to be extremely critical, especially if your ideas of perfection are not fulfilled. You have a tendency to associate with people you can dominate, then resent (or disrespect) them for being weak. [Fuck yeah wtf why I do that]

NOW FOR THE MESSY PART...

Affection: This was completely messy. I tried to redo the questions and just nothing that came out was really fitting. Same issues as before. I don't like the label "Careful Moderation" for Melancholy Phlegmatic, that doesn't fit how I am or my beliefs or interests. This whole topic is really hard for me to dig into anyway, it's hard to see my emotional stuff. Melancholy Phlegmatic was so so, but then also Phlegmatic Choleric had something to it. Not the Choleric Phlegmatic even though that works well for e.g. Control. And Sanguine no way!! But Supine even less, lol, I really repress that shit or it's just totally not me.

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection 78%

Supine Phlegmatic in Affection 60%

Choleric Phlegmatic in Affection 52%

Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection 52%

Phlegmatic Supine in Affection 36%

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Affection 36%

Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection 18%

Phlegmatic Melancholy in Affection 8%

You're Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection (a.k.a. "Careful Moderation")! You express and want only a moderate amount of love and affection. You're emotionally guarded, rarely showing or saying how you feel. ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶,̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶.̶ [Nah fuck that I've had enough of deep feelz already] The people with whom you choose to have a deep relationship must make you feel safe and meet criteria which are in your mind. [OH yes] You hide personal feelings ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶r̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶c̶)̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶.̶ [All the humour stuff is boring by now. I don't do any of that like that.] You're a faithful and loyal friend if treated properly. If rejected, insulted or offended by a deep personal relationship, you use your dry and biting sense of humor to take vengeance. You tend to be an observer of deep relationships [Yes but I don't like to be observing uninvolved too long or what's the point?] and use dry humor to avoid becoming too involved [alright I've done a sort of weird humour for that before, but more coy than dry just really], this is a defense mechanism to protect your low energy level. You resist affection from others because you have very little energy and it takes too much energy to respond [I only try to resist affection beyond a point if I don't trust the person/can't open up to them naturally enough].

You're Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection (a.k.a. "Image of Intimacy Tendency")! You express and require only a moderate amount of love and affection. On the surface, you respond to others and appear to be optimistic, personable and warm [At times yes], this is a screening device to choose the people with whom you want to have a relationship. However, you place the burden of establishing the relationship on the other person. Your dry sense of humor can be witty and delightful when used properly. You enter into deep relationships only with people whom you can dominate and who will give you love and affection according to your terms: you must be shown love and affection only on your terms, if love and affection are not according to your terms, you will undertake any behavior necessary to bring the relationship back under your control. [Uh yeah I don't know if I'm to be proud of that, but it's not been anything crazy bad abusive...] ̶I̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶r̶r̶i̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ [I am too idealistic still. I will not keep the relationship if I'm to hurt or irritate the other person deliberately, i.e. if I am angry enough for that and it cannot be resolved then I just quit the relationship. This is an unmaintainable approach tho'. It's just my current one].

Thoughts on the Affection part?

EDIT: Overall, comparing those percentages.

Choleric Phlegmatic easily beats Choleric in Inclusion (91% vs 66%). I am not all that surprised at that one.

Choleric Compulsive slightly more than Choleric Phlegmatic in Control (88% vs 85%). That should just mean, I'm Choleric in Control, but not pure 100% Choleric, though decently strong on it with that compulsiveness qualifier esp. It makes sense because I'm like I try to play on to the Choleric even tho I'm not 1000% Choleric all the time.

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection wins by 1% over Choleric in Affection, that's an extremely close result (78% vs 77%), I promise I didn't manipulate the numbers... :)

So yes I'd be interested in what you think there.

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NOW FOR THE MESSY PART...

Affection: This was completely messy. I tried to redo the questions and just nothing that came out was really fitting. Same issues as before. I don't like the label "Careful Moderation" for Melancholy Phlegmatic, that doesn't fit how I am or my beliefs or interests. This whole topic is really hard for me to dig into anyway, it's hard to see my emotional stuff. Melancholy Phlegmatic was so so, but then also Phlegmatic Choleric had something to it. Not the Choleric Phlegmatic even though that works well for e.g. Control. And Sanguine no way!! But Supine even less, lol, I really repress that shit or it's just totally not me.

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection 78%

Supine Phlegmatic in Affection 60%

Choleric Phlegmatic in Affection 52%

Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection 52%

Phlegmatic Supine in Affection 36%

Phlegmatic Sanguine in Affection 36%

Sanguine Phlegmatic in Affection 18%

Phlegmatic Melancholy in Affection 8%

You're Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection (a.k.a. "Careful Moderation")! You express and want only a moderate amount of love and affection. You're emotionally guarded, rarely showing or saying how you feel. ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶,̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶.̶ [Nah fuck that I've had enough of deep feelz already] The people with whom you choose to have a deep relationship must make you feel safe and meet criteria which are in your mind. [OH yes] You hide personal feelings ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶r̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶c̶)̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶.̶ [All the humour stuff is boring by now. I don't do any of that like that.] You're a faithful and loyal friend if treated properly. If rejected, insulted or offended by a deep personal relationship, you use your dry and biting sense of humor to take vengeance. You tend to be an observer of deep relationships [Yes but I don't like to be observing uninvolved too long or what's the point?] and use dry humor to avoid becoming too involved [alright I've done a sort of weird humour for that before, but more coy than dry just really], this is a defense mechanism to protect your low energy level. You resist affection from others because you have very little energy and it takes too much energy to respond [I only try to resist affection beyond a point if I don't trust the person/can't open up to them naturally enough].

You're Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection (a.k.a. "Image of Intimacy Tendency")! You express and require only a moderate amount of love and affection. On the surface, you respond to others and appear to be optimistic, personable and warm [At times yes], this is a screening device to choose the people with whom you want to have a relationship. However, you place the burden of establishing the relationship on the other person. Your dry sense of humor can be witty and delightful when used properly. You enter into deep relationships only with people whom you can dominate and who will give you love and affection according to your terms: you must be shown love and affection only on your terms, if love and affection are not according to your terms, you will undertake any behavior necessary to bring the relationship back under your control. [Uh yeah I don't know if I'm to be proud of that, but it's not been anything crazy bad abusive...] ̶I̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶r̶r̶i̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ [I am too idealistic still. I will not keep the relationship if I'm to hurt or irritate the other person deliberately, i.e. if I am angry enough for that and it cannot be resolved then I just quit the relationship. This is an unmaintainable approach tho'. It's just my current one].

Thoughts on the Affection part?

EDIT: Overall, comparing those percentages.

Choleric Phlegmatic easily beats Choleric in Inclusion (91% vs 66%). I am not all that surprised at that one.

Choleric Compulsive slightly more than Choleric Phlegmatic in Control (88% vs 85%). That should just mean, I'm Choleric in Control, but not pure 100% Choleric, though decently strong on it with that compulsiveness qualifier esp. It makes sense because I'm like I try to play on to the Choleric even tho I'm not 1000% Choleric all the time.

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection wins by 1% over Choleric in Affection, that's an extremely close result (78% vs 77%), I promise I didn't manipulate the numbers... :)

So yes I'd be interested in what you think there.

"Careful Moderation" is in the terms of Affection. So as in, you're very careful and moderated with your investments in relationships, not getting too deeply involved.

So you did the test and got Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection, then re-did the test and got Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection? What was your Phlegmatic Choleric percentage in the re-done test :thinking:? If you got above 78% Phlegmatic Choleric in the re-done test, then you're a Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Phlegmatic Choleric (CPCCPC) :)!

Unless you relate to Careful Moderation better now, and prefer Melancholy Phlegmatic, then you can use your first test results instead, in that case, you’d be Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP). But you did strike out two things for Melancholy Phlegmatic, and only one for Phlegmatic Choleric.

Last edited:

Meowcat

"Careful Moderation" is in the terms of Affection. So as in, you're very careful and moderated with your investments in relationships, not getting too deeply involved.

Yeah I interpreted it that way and I don't like that kind of thinking. It's not what I believe in. I believe in more investment in the relationship but then I do want only few relationships with that much involvement, that's true.

So you did the test and got Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection, then re-did the test and got Phlegmatic Choleric in Affection? What was your Phlegmatic Choleric percentage in the re-done test :thinking:? If you got above 78% Phlegmatic Choleric in the re-done test, then you're a Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Phlegmatic Choleric (CPCCPC) :)!

I don't remember, I didn't save that test but it was less than 78%. 60-ish I think.

Unless you relate to Careful Moderation better now (and thus relate slightly better to Melancholy Phlegmatic than Phlegmatic Choleric), then you can use your first test results instead, in that case, you’d be Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP).

I was reading the original temperament thread too that you linked to and followed some links from there for descriptions that your tests are apparently based on (Here). I relate to stuff from all three: Melancholy, Phlegmatic and Choleric. Incl. some of their mixes too as described on there. The Melancholy part is the loyalty and doing tasks/obligations and my criteria and then sometimes the deep feelz want to come up but I don't like them as I said and they definitely make me *less functional*. Plus how I only want true strong involvement only in a few select relationships (this can also be Choleric though). The Phlegmatic part is that I'm not always involved and don't have all that many feelings easily. The Choleric part is that I do prefer someone who will submit enough and I have expectations (not just the Melancholy criteria) plus I can have anger and with the anger I'm able to reject deep feelz if they get in the way or would make me too "submissive". What I don't have much is Sanguine (maybe a little or maybe that's just Choleric too) but a partner like that works for me well, and also a partner that's got enough Phlegmatic too or maybe Supine, not sure which really. I know I myself would want to be Supine the LEAST. Even worse than Melancholy deep feelings, lol. Too submissive for me to be like that. But I also would not want to be too Sanguinely unreliable.

If all that gives you some big picture enough, let me know, I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah I interpreted it that way and I don't like that kind of thinking. It's not what I believe in. I believe in more investment in the relationship but then I do want only few relationships with that much involvement, that's true.

That's probably what it means ;). Generally, a Melancholy Phlegmatic will only be deeply involved in a few select relationships, but they will be loyal and faithful to these. Whereas, say, a Sanguine, would have many relationships with many people. Hence the naming of "Careful Moderation" for Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection.

I don't remember, I didn't save that test but it was less than 78%. 60-ish I think.

So you must be a Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection then :). Since your Phlegmatic Choleric was less than 78%. So your full Five Temperaments profile is officially Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) :D!

I was reading the original temperament thread too that you linked to and followed some links from there for descriptions that your tests are apparently based on (Here). I relate to stuff from all three: Melancholy, Phlegmatic and Choleric. Incl. some of their mixes too as described on there. The Melancholy part is the loyalty and doing tasks/obligations and my criteria and then sometimes the deep feelz want to come up but I don't like them as I said and they definitely make me *less functional*. Plus how I only want true strong involvement only in a few select relationships (this can also be Choleric though). The Phlegmatic part is that I'm not always involved and don't have all that many feelings easily. The Choleric part is that I do prefer someone who will submit enough and I have expectations (not just the Melancholy criteria) plus I can have anger and with the anger I'm able to reject deep feelz if they get in the way or would make me too "submissive". What I don't have much is Sanguine (maybe a little or maybe that's just Choleric too) but a partner like that works for me well, and also a partner that's got enough Phlegmatic too or maybe Supine, not sure which really. I know I myself would want to be Supine the LEAST. Even worse than Melancholy deep feelings, lol. Too submissive for me to be like that. But I also would not want to be too Sanguinely unreliable.

My I/C/A tests are actually based on Standing Stones WNY, Inc. and Temperament for Dummies, the source Eric B gave at the thread is no longer available outside of the Wayback Machine. Another good source on the Phlegmatic Blends in Affection is Temperament Blends – Temperament Study!

If all that gives you some big picture enough, let me know, I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

The two things you struck out for Melancholy Phlegmatic were:

"You need to learn how to show deep, tender feelings in ways others can understand" (these are very hidden and locked down, so much that a Melancholy Phlegmatic may not be very conscious of them).

"A dry (sometimes witty and often sarcastic) sense of humor" (this just means even when a Melancholy Phlegmatic does crack a joke, it will be dry and sarcastic, sometimes witty, all the while trying to hide personal feelings).

Meowcat

That's probably what it means ;). Generally, a Melancholy Phlegmatic will only be deeply involved in a few select relationships, but they will be loyal and faithful to these. Whereas, say, a Sanguine, would have many relationships with many people. Hence the naming of "Careful Moderation" for Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection.

Actually there's two things that don't fit Melancholy here. 1) I don't consciously believe in having to spare energy in relationships. What I believe in is that most relationships are not to be deep. Only the few select special relationships should have that. (But not by indulging deep feelz too much, see more below.) 2) I'm not loyal enough to stick around when the other person tries to fuck with me too much. My Choleric wins out at that point. I'm not loyal for the sake of loyalty / l'art pour l'art. Maybe it's just that I'm not totally Melancholy like someone I know is, but it's like she only leaves when the other person really has taken advantage of them to a point I would never allow that to happen. And then when she left, she left silently. If I leave, I don't leave silently. I punish the other person first.

So you must be a Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection then :). Since your Phlegmatic Choleric was less than 78%. So your full Five Temperaments profile is officially Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) :D!

I don't mind this, as far as I don't think I'm 100% Choleric in everything, lol.

My I/C/A tests are actually based on Standing Stones WNY, Inc. and Temperament for Dummies, the source Eric B gave at the thread is no longer available outside of the Wayback Machine. Another good source on the Phlegmatic Blends in Affection is Temperament Blends – Temperament Study!

Thanks for the info.

The two things you struck out for Melancholy Phlegmatic were:

"You need to learn how to show deep, tender feelings in ways others can understand" (these are very hidden and locked down, so much that a Melancholy Phlegmatic may not be very conscious of them).

"A dry (sometimes witty and often sarcastic) sense of humor" (this just means even when a Melancholy Phlegmatic does crack a joke, it will be dry and sarcastic, sometimes witty, all the while trying to hide personal feelings).

The thing is I throw up at the thought of dealing with deep feelings in that way. I don't like them, they make me nonfunctional. This advice is very wrong advice for me. The advice that works for me regarding deep feelz is how to stay on the surface and how to stay angry enough and not be won over by deep feelz - which is when I am functional. Yes I think I'm too shallow for a true Melancholy lol. I don't know if Melancholy Phlegmatic explains that but this has got an obvious Choleric component too ....

Modify the theory to allow for that, and then I can be:

Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Choleric Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCCMP)

Or, if just going by the tests, Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic Choleric (CPCCMPC)

Because Choleric in Affection did lose by 1% to Melancholy Phlegmatic (77% vs 78%) and I can accept either order really, not really clear on which one is "more right". And this one kinda is a funny play as it fits all 3 in Affection: Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric and Phlegmatic Choleric, lol.

Lol, what do you say?

Meowcat

Edit: I'm thinking so if I exclude relationships where there was just the consideration that it would be deep later, and only taking into account the ones that I did view as deep, i.e. Inclusion cannot play as much a role anymore in them, then Melancholy shows more, but I still do go to Choleric when needed, in those relationships. It does feel like it's secondary in some way though.... Even if I hate the thought of this for some reason LOL. ... That's weird either way. I like this temperament stuff, it's making me consider this issue now. I feel like I'm going to have to realise something there for myself. So anyway, yeah, CPCCMPC it is then, with modified theory. : p

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually there's two things that don't fit Melancholy here. 1) I don't consciously believe in having to spare energy in relationships. What I believe in is that most relationships are not to be deep. Only the few select special relationships should have that. (But not by indulging deep feelz too much, see more below.) 2) I'm not loyal enough to stick around when the other person tries to fuck with me too much. My Choleric wins out at that point. I'm not loyal for the sake of loyalty / l'art pour l'art. Maybe it's just that I'm not totally Melancholy like someone I know is, but it's like she only leaves when the other person really has taken advantage of them to a point I would never allow that to happen. And then when she left, she left silently. If I leave, I don't leave silently. I punish the other person first.

That's likely it, Melancholy Phlegmatics generally spare energy in most relationships, it's only the deepest relationships where they will become really involved.

And if you punish and leave them, that might simply be your Choleric Compulsive in Control kicking in, getting upset about the power imbalance in the relationship.

I don't mind this, as far as I don't think I'm 100% Choleric in everything, lol.

Yeah, most people aren't 100% one temperament in everything :shock:. Usually people are a blend, and even if not, they almost certainly will not score 100% in any of the temperaments.

Thanks for the info.

No problem :D!

The thing is I throw up at the thought of dealing with deep feelings in that way. I don't like them, they make me nonfunctional. This advice is very wrong advice for me. The advice that works for me regarding deep feelz is how to stay on the surface and how to stay angry enough and not be won over by deep feelz - which is when I am functional. Yes I think I'm too shallow for a true Melancholy lol.

It's talking about deep relationships, where you really love and trust the person. The closest relationships you have. So it's giving you advice to share your locked-up deep feelings for them, so that the other person can understand. It is very rare to see someone's Affection side, and you have to spend a whole lot of time with them to see it, they have to really open up with you.

I don't know if Melancholy Phlegmatic explains that but this has got an obvious Choleric component too ....

Modify the theory to allow for that, and then I can be:

Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Choleric Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCCMP)

Or, if just going by the tests, Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic Choleric (CPCCMPC)

Because Choleric in Affection did lose by 1% to Melancholy Phlegmatic (77% vs 78%) and I can accept either order really, not really clear on which one is "more right". And this one kinda is a funny play as it fits all 3 in Affection: Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric and Phlegmatic Choleric, lol.

Lol, what do you say?

Well actually, since the temperaments (Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric, and Phlegmatic Choleric included) are actually delineations on a map, you technically can't be two different locations at once :blush:, your expressive/responsive score would end you up somewhere inside one of the temperament’s borders. I've realized why we're confused, it's because you're seeing the temperaments from the other areas of interaction at play (Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion and Choleric Compulsive in Control). For example, at first, when the relationship just gets started, you appear to be warm but you don't have many feelings at first and are more uninvolved (Choleric Phlegmatic), but when you get deeper into the relationship, you fight more for control of the relationship (Choleric Compulsive), and then finally, when you open up to them at your fullest, you become loyal to the relationship (Melancholy Phlegmatic). However, if you feel abused, you can regress back to Control and kick in your Choleric Compulsive to call them out & leave. So Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) it is :D!

Edit: I'm thinking so if I exclude relationships where there was just the consideration that it would be deep later, and only taking into account the ones that I did view as deep, i.e. Inclusion cannot play as much a role anymore in them, then Melancholy shows more, but I still do go to Choleric when needed, in those relationships. It does feel like it's secondary in some way though.... Even if I hate the thought of this for some reason LOL. ... That's weird either way. I like this temperament stuff, it's making me consider this issue now. I feel like I'm going to have to realise something there for myself. So anyway, yeah, CPCCMPC it is then, with modified theory. : p

That's kicking back and forth between your Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection and Choleric Compulsive in Control. It has been explained (here: Temperament for Dummies) that "In getting to know a person, (barring their hiding their true personality behind "masks" of "learned behavior"), Inclusion will be the first area you experience. Then, as you deal with the person more, and get into "responsibility" type situations, (including issues involving personal boundaries) you will experience their Control behavior. Finally, if you get into a deep relation with them, you will experience their Affection traits." :)! So I think CPCCMP is very accurate for you.

Last edited:

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fun test! Here's what I got :)

Sanguine 74%

You're Sanguine! You are a mischievous, bubbly, charming, happy, joyous, sunny, gregarious, enthusiastic, sociable extrovert who loves to be with people. Of all the temperaments, you're the easiest to be around socially. You're an outgoing, handshaking, touching person. You're the life of the party, bringing life and energy into a room by your very presence. Your cheerfulness and humor brighten everyone's life. You're an optimistic type of person who believes life is an exciting and fun-filled experience that should be lived to the fullest. Inactivity causes you stress since the pace at which you like to live your life is fast and furious. The most impulsive of all the temperaments, you excel in communication-oriented things, but you don't relate well to tasks. You're the least disciplined and organized of all the temperaments. While you're outgoing, enthusiastic, warm, compassionate, and seem to relate well to other people's feelings, you can be rude and uncaring. The reason for this is because you tend not to be a faithful nor loyal friend, since you don't want to be burdened down with commitments; you just want to have fun. You may live as if you have no past or future, rarely learning from your past mistakes. You may never recognize your failures, exaggerating yourself to appear more successful than you truly are. Your major weakness is that you may adopt severe and destructive behavior. You'll volunteer for tasks, completing a project so far as your ego is being fed.

And my other results:

Phlegmatic: 70%
Choleric: 60%
Supine: 26%
Melancholy: 14%

Meowcat

That's likely it, Melancholy Phlegmatics generally spare energy in most relationships, it's only the deepest relationships where they will become really involved.

That's off for me though. I don't spare energy in my relationships. I'm just emotionally distant.

And if you punish and leave them, that might simply be your Choleric Compulsive in Control kicking in, getting upset about the power imbalance in the relationship.

The problem with this interpretation is that I'm constantly aware of the power balance by default too, it's not just like some last minute thing.

Yeah, most people aren't 100% one temperament in everything :shock:. Usually people are a blend, and even if not, they almost certainly will not score 100% in any of the temperaments.

Yeah, regardless this temperament stuff has got me thinking about some stuff. :)

It's talking about deep relationships, where you really love and trust the person. The closest relationships you have. So it's giving you advice to share your locked-up deep feelings for them, so that the other person can understand. It is very rare to see someone's Affection side, and you have to spend a whole lot of time with them to see it, they have to really open up with you.

Yes I understand the affection area is about intimate relationships. I just have this instinctive avoidance of this idea of sharing "locked-up deep feelings". I'm much better with translating emotion into action...

Well actually, since the temperaments (Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric, and Phlegmatic Choleric included) are actually delineations on a map, you technically can't be two different locations at once :blush:, your expressive/responsive score would end you up somewhere inside one of the temperament’s borders. I've realized why we're confused, it's because you're seeing the temperaments from the other areas of interaction at play (Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion and Choleric Compulsive in Control). For example, at first, when the relationship just gets started, you appear to be warm but you don't have many feelings at first and are more uninvolved (Choleric Phlegmatic), but when you get deeper into the relationship, you fight more for control of the relationship (Choleric Compulsive), and then finally, when you open up to them at your fullest, you become loyal to the relationship (Melancholy Phlegmatic). However, if you feel abused, you can regress back to Control and kick in your Choleric Compulsive to call them out & leave. So Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) it is :D!

That's a neat theory too and I was thinking about it. But I'm not just loyal and I don't just help with performing duties in the relationships, I do still have the "selfcentered" more energetic side too, without that I'd be too depressed. I do like to dominate in relationships .... There can be power struggles due to that. What do you think?

That's kicking back and forth between your Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection and Choleric Compulsive in Control. It has been explained (here: Temperament for Dummies) that "In getting to know a person, (barring their hiding their true personality behind "masks" of "learned behavior"), Inclusion will be the first area you experience. Then, as you deal with the person more, and get into "responsibility" type situations, (including issues involving personal boundaries) you will experience their Control behavior. Finally, if you get into a deep relation with them, you will experience their Affection traits." :)! So I think CPCCMP is very accurate for you.

Again, the idea is interesting. With me what people first see is sorta "Phlegmatic" behaviours then Choleric (something like Sanguine too but that may be Choleric sanguine-like mask). Then the Melancholy like thing. And then again Choleric. And that's about where it ends. I.e if people have seen all that then they have seen it all about me.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not very conclusive percentages, but seems close enough :shrug:

Five Temperaments Test
Your Result: Phlegmatic
5eduKf.T1.png

You're Phlegmatic! You are a calm, easygoing, diplomatic mediator who is cool, composed, and collected, not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness, or unforgiveness typical of the other temperaments. You're peaceful, agreeable, well balanced, stoic, happily reconciled to life, and realistic in demands for love and affection. You're easy to get along with, pleasant, and enjoyable. You're an indifferent observer, who does not get involved nor expend much energy. You have no fear of rejection, and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. You can function quite well in a hostile social setting, as nothing ruffles your feathers. You're very practical and peace-loving, you're a good peacemaker and arbitrator. You're known for your poker face and dry humour, accompanied by your deadpan delivery, you can be sarcastic and teasing. Because of your tendency to uninvolvement, you're a natural negotiator and diplomat. You have great administrative ability, and you're good under pressure. You often have a blank expression with half-closed eyes and speak in a deadpan and monotone voice. In situations, you're often neutral, moderate, apathetic, complacent, noncommittal, and emotionless, giving only a blank stare, with your low energy drive not pushing you either way, causing you to be stubborn, lazy, and careless, needing sleep to regenerate yourself. You have a great capacity for work requiring precision and accuracy, and expending minimal energy.
Result Breakdown:
58% Phlegmatic
50% Sanguine
44% Supine
42% Choleric
36% Melancholy

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
66% Phlegmatic
64%Melancholy
60%Supine
42%Sanguine
28%Choleric

DewyWind

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's off for me though. I don't spare energy in my relationships. I'm just emotionally distant.

Perhaps because of the fact you're largely Choleric in the other areas, which is a very energetic temperament. You only have low energy in the area of Affection; which is about "how close and warm you are with others and to what extent you want others to show warmth and support to you", so you will spare your emotional energy by guarding it and responding less to affection by others.

The problem with this interpretation is that I'm constantly aware of the power balance by default too, it's not just like some last minute thing.

Well, your Choleric Compulsive in Control is always inside you. So as long as your power balance isn't disturbed, you will not leave the relationship.

Yeah, regardless this temperament stuff has got me thinking about some stuff. :)

Me too ;).

Yes I understand the affection area is about intimate relationships. I just have this instinctive avoidance of this idea of sharing "locked-up deep feelings". I'm much better with translating emotion into action...

That's why it says that you have to learn to "show deep, tender feelings in ways others can understand" (it doesn't come naturally). I guess they may be talking about more open people who would want emotional support, etc.

That's a neat theory too and I was thinking about it. But I'm not just loyal and I don't just help with performing duties in the relationships, I do still have the "selfcentered" more energetic side too, without that I'd be too depressed. I do like to dominate in relationships .... There can be power struggles due to that. What do you think?

Those things probably have to do with your Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion (which is energetic) and Choleric Compulsive in Control (which is dominating).

Again, the idea is interesting. With me what people first see is sorta "Phlegmatic" behaviours then Choleric (something like Sanguine too but that may be Choleric sanguine-like mask). Then the Melancholy like thing. And then again Choleric. And that's about where it ends. I.e if people have seen all that then they have seen it all about me.

That makes sense, because Choleric Phlegmatic is literally located in between Choleric and Sanguine (but leaning Choleric) and beside Phlegmatic on the Five Temperaments map :D!