• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[DND] Which Neutral are you?

Which one?

• Balanced Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Situational Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NOT A QUIZ! NOT A QUIZ!

-but if you DO want a quiz, the site below has it, and here's the direct link: Alignment Test

And- obligatory disclaimer that this is my personal take on the Alignment stuff and no site actually breaks them down into separate 'facets' like this let alone with names, T/N is just T/N so don't go around Googling it and going "BUT GREY!" -I just find the differences within even this one alignment interesting. So...

As per the site The Alignment System - True Neutral there are interesting 'subsets' of True Neutral, among which are three that I can glean that in short I would describe as the indifferent, the balanced, and the situational. I will paste descriptions from the site that support each.

The Indifferent

The Balanced

The Situational

While this is not serious, feel free to post if you have thoughts about it. Otherwise, have fun sorting yourself- or your characters! Within a sorting system.
Sortception.
But yeah. Characters, DND or not. Post about them, let us hear about them!

Also it's 5AM and I've only slept 3 hours in the past 24, prime time for typoitis to act up. Will probably do a reread and cleanup later.
Also, mods, if this really actually belongs to Fluff (the other DND thread apparently doesn't though) I'm sorry, and please move it

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I was born with a heart full of indifference.

'Situational neutral' sounds rather close to Neutral Evil to me.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I prefer to think of Neutral Evil as Truly Pragmatic. But I don't need to. It is what it is. Such is life.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I prefer to think of Neutral Evil as Truly Pragmatic. But I don't need to. It is what it is. Such is life.

Yeah, an evil character isn't necessarily dedicated to evil as some sort of philosophy. Being ruthless is a means to an end, not a goal unto itself.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Why do you only want to collect the Neutrals, what's your plan? :rly???:

I would say, guess if you'd like to know.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I like that you asked.
The other alignments seem more 'clear cut', and people have an easier time playing them. Say, a Lawful Good can range anywhere between boring Oath of Devotion Paladin to a raging Oath of Vengeance Paladin (which while a stretch can still be a LG depending on your God and how you play, and can even be fun to attempt to keep them pure LG because playing Paladin is basically walking a constant moral tightrope). Lots of fun options. I see a lot of people, however, having confusion on how TN gets played and teetering to the other alignments on the scale while 'trying to stay neutral', which while is an option, isn't the only way to play a TN- but they don't know that.

I already hate that first question of the test. None of the answers fit MEEEE.

Which? That quiz shuffles the order of the questions every time you take them.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I like that you asked.
The other alignments seem more 'clear cut', and people have an easier time playing them. Say, a Lawful Good can range anywhere between boring Oath of Devotion Paladin to a raging Oath of Vengeance Paladin (which while a stretch can still be a LG depending on your God and how you play, and can even be fun to attempt to keep them pure LG because playing Paladin is basically walking a constant moral tightrope). Lots of fun options. I see a lot of people, however, having confusion on how TN gets played and teetering to the other alignments on the scale while 'trying to stay neutral', which while is an option, isn't the only way to play a TN- but they don't know that.
Ooh I see, interesting explanation. I'll definitely try to read more about it. For now, there isn't anything useful I can say.

Which? That quiz shuffles the order of the questions every time you take them.
Huh? This didn't happen to me. I already clicked on that site a few weeks ago and this question "Family elders are expressing disapproval of you to the rest of the family." popped up first. It still does now. So yeah anyway, that question. :p

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Situational.

When someone does do something to me that I see unjust I will go after them like a honey badger. And remember, honey badger don’t care how many times you sting him. He’s getting that sweet, sweet, honey ( except this time the honey is revenge)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would say, guess if you'd like to know.

I hate that quiz, honestly.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test as chaotic neutral/evil on that test. I don't think it's a good test.

I'd probably be indifferent neutral in those three options. But none of the above really.