• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Questionnaires

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What the general consensus of using those in typology?
I was typed, by one person, as ISTP or INTP at 16types. I'm not sure if it was because of the video I made, itself, or the questionnaire (I live in the present and not the past; though that was a learned behavior).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From what I've seen it's really a give or take. On one hand, most would agree that visual typing is near garbage, especially if the focus lends itself to superficial traits such as facial features or eye shame. Nonetheless, videos if used correctly have the potential to provide a larger amount of information than at least a questionaire can. And for most people, unless you're super charismatic or self aware I guess, it's a bit easier to "fool others" (or yourself) into validating your own type bias answering a questionnaire in a way that doesn't actually represent you than it is within a video questionaire just because a lot of the typing process relies on your demeanor/expression style, which most people don't really pay attention to since it is so natural.

Nonetheless, if you're confident about your Fi especially, it'd probably be good to look at the person who was typing you's history of typing to make sure they actually kind of know what they're doing (ie. compare their typing's to you own perspective I guess)? People tend to have the bias to type anyone who speaks relatively "logically" or comes across awkward/inexpressive as high Ti anyhow (I didn't see your video so I'm just throwing out ideas) so use your own judgement on that one.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, so much, for your reply. I don't know how I managed to overlook it for 3 days!

I'm very confident in my Fi, though I must also accept the fact that I'm high in sensing. Perhaps that's due to having HSP my entire life? Or my enneagram? Or perhaps, just by developing my sensing more as I've aged.
(Which sort of leads to another question: can an elderly person accurately be typed? My Ni has dropped considerably over the years as it pertains to test questions.)

I've watched some videos on typing people based on their eye movements, which seems like a bunch of hooey lol. But I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, so who knows. The whole thing just fascinates me. I figured, with video questionnaires, they're looking more into HOW you answer and not necessarily the answers themselves.

I will look into it some more. Thanks again.
Here's the video if you're curious or knowledgeable in such things. YouTube

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia ๐“Š๐“‹ผ๐“Š๐“‹ผ๐“Š
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wish I knew too. I did a video questionnaire too, but I only gave it to a PersonalityCafe friend. Really makes me wonder since 6 people think I look like a SEI and/or ISFJ, video or not. I got this comment from a user on PerC. Don't know how scientific this really is, but it sounds like she knows her stuff:

"Yes, alpha seems right, and ISFJ in MBTI. Your facial expression appears reserved - you aren't smiling fully. Your eyes lack the "Se stare," and while soft, they aren't hazy in the way I associate with Ns. The shape seems Fe but not Fe dominant, not to mention there isn't enough intensity in your look to make me think Fe dominant."

Cool stuff, but I don't think that's what I am. Also, I love how people on the16types claim I'm a SEI stereotype xD

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I think one of the problems with video typing is that people get used to presenting themselves a certain way. We also strengthen our secondary functions or mute our main ones.

That said, if the questionnaire is spontaneous (not rehearsed or filled out in advance) it probably could be helpful. How does the person reach their conclusions? How do they present the info?

I just don't know enough about any of this stuff to be helpful lol.
I doubt the shape of our face has much to do with our personality though*

*Though, I'd imagine (in theory), if a person is significantly attractive or unattractive that could help nudge a person in different directions. And yet, how we look in our formative years rarely mirrors how we end up looking.
How would that work? Let's say, a person is a sickeningly cute kid. They're fawned over and get their way all the time. But then they morph into an unattractive teen. They're used to always getting their way but now they're bullied. Their personality has already been largely set by then. Do they accept their new reality and adapt? Do they take on a new personality? Would that be a true personality or just a mask?
But then, let's further say, that after the awkward teenage years they're attractive again. Their skin has cleared up and curves have set in (or they've toned/whatever it is that happens for guys lol).
The teenage years are quite formative too.

It's just all so overly complicating :rofl1:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one way that a person could make the awnsers more spontaneous and off the cuff is to have someone read them questions they hadn't seen before... it would remove a lot of the forethought...

i think seeing even "disingenuous" mannerisms can be telling... i think there are a lot of varaibles in the accuracy of any form of typing, and that having a visual/auditory component is likely more often helpful than harmful... unlike some, i see personality as nebulous and malleable... i don't think every peg fits into sixteen or nine holes perfectly and that using various typing systems in concert creates a clearer picture... i also believe that type changes over time, and that sometimes we hold on to a picture of who we were (or who we want to be) so tightly that it can be hard to identify who we are in the present... neither definition of self or others will ever be truely reliable, but it is nice to have a shorthand method of communicating ideas...

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, so much, for your reply. I don't know how I managed to overlook it for 3 days!

I'm very confident in my Fi, though I must also accept the fact that I'm high in sensing. Perhaps that's due to having HSP my entire life? Or my enneagram? Or perhaps, just by developing my sensing more as I've aged.
(Which sort of leads to another question: can an elderly person accurately be typed? My Ni has dropped considerably over the years as it pertains to test questions.)

I've watched some videos on typing people based on their eye movements, which seems like a bunch of hooey lol. But I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, so who knows. The whole thing just fascinates me. I figured, with video questionnaires, they're looking more into HOW you answer and not necessarily the answers themselves.

I will look into it some more. Thanks again.
Here's the video if you're curious or knowledgeable in such things. YouTube

Sorry for the long wait on the reply, I've been fairly busy. I'm not particularly well versed in VI or video typing but... Being as judgmental as I am at times I tend to type most of the people I know.

I think elderly people can be typed tbh, I think the danger just comes into that most of the people on these forums are fairly young and tend to be judgemental towards older people as a whole (ie. everyone's quick to type their grandparents as high Si just because it's the type that's most trashed in the mbti/is oriented around tradition) ect.

Nonetheless, I think INFP/INFj (EII) works fine? . I didn't really watch the whole thing but, looking at both the content of your questionaire as well as your general presence, I'm not sure where IxTP came from (dunno if it's socionics IxTP in the sense of high Te or Ti as traditional in mbti, but I don't see either of those working). Maybe if it's the socionics version SLI came from the fairly obvious Si-Fi in this, "delta vibe?" Maybe some just added the N to that because "eh, she seems to use intuition?" I guess one of the first things I noticed here based on deposition was the sort of softness that typically accompanies Si. I thought 9w1 was also fairly obvious via deposition alone and speaking style (ie. you spoke softly and fairly evenly toned). I almost considered ISFJ/ISFp (SEI) as well, could be plausible if you think EII doesn't work. I note that you're currenlty typed as an "INFP, SEI," which could work, I still think EII but then again, socionics isn't my forte. At least mbti wise INFP seems good.

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I checked out your video too, Zhaylin :p You seem sweet. I kinda wanna do another video for giggles, might clear up doubts too. Anyways, nice crochet skills. You seem Fi and 9, you're mostly laid back but you have a few close values. Your memory seems pretty good too, might be a Si sign. And you seem introverted, but I'm sure you knew that. I like how we're in the same boat, 2 introverted nines who keep getting VI'd as different things.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hehe, thanks everyone :wubbie:

Socionics is definitely the most confusing typing system! I identify with IEI more than SEI-Fe, but I type as SEI-Fe most consistently and with the -Fe, I do see a lot of myself.
I'm NOT a "T". My hubby is though. Perhaps he's rubbing off on me a little :rofl1:
And while I am a "hippy"- more free flowing, accepting, creative-ish I'm not nearly as free spirited and fun loving as I've read S's to be. And I don't really care for aestetics (sp). I like art and pretty things but to a very slight degree. And nothing for ISFP really clicks unlike INFP which I almost completely identify with (as in 98% lol)

Don't worry about the delay in your reply [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] That's one of the reasons I love forums so much. A person can reply when they're darn good and ready :rofl1: I understand the obligations and wants of life.
[MENTION=35236]Rob[/MENTION]obit14 Feel free to add your video here if you want (or tag me in the Type Me thread :) )
I do love crocheting. I'm not too good at it, seeing how I can't read patterns. I would friggin LOVE to make myself a new crocheted vest. The one I now use, I've been using nearly every day (when in public), for over 10 years. It's starting to become extremely tattered lol :cry:
And you're too kind regarding my memory :rotfl:

It's like, I can remember things from 4-12 years old pretty well... then it's kind of hazy from there until 21. From 21-44, I have to try REALLY hard to remember stuff. :BangHead:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
All these efforts to avoid bias when we can simply be accepting of things to avoid bias.

I also dont think removing the opportunity for forethought is a good idea for everyone. Introverts in general sometimes require more time to process internally prior to acting or talking, and some peoples' responses would be reduced in quality.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] Yeah, I was reading the questions for the first time during the making of the video... or, at least, I was answering them for the first time lol (I've seen so many questionnaires, it's hard to keep track :laugh: )
When I answer on the fly, I often kick myself in the butt afterwards: "Wait, what about x, y or z." "How about that time that..."
Or, I'll get the order of events wrong, correct myself some time later but by then people think I'm either 1) re-writing my history or 2) making stuff up lol.
No, just the excitement in the telling tends to fry my brain :doh: :rofl1:

My gut reaction, though, is that forethought could muddy the water. For people in the know, it could be useful to see where a persons thoughts lead or jump to first (do they speak colorfully; lead with emotions/observations/parables/"intellect").

I tend to re-write myself to come across as more intelligent. Or, sometimes, the writer in me isn't pleased with my word choices so I have to bang my head against a wall (or open a thesaurus) to find something better. So, I guess, perhaps my "rough draft" is my more authentic self. If I give something too much forethought, I could be overly compelled to puff or "dress" myself up.

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm almost ready to post a video! Your video is so smooth! I tripped up so many times. I found myself saying chapter 5 instead of question 5 xD

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok guys, here's the cringefest!

YouTube

YouTube Here's another one. What did I even put in this one? Hopefully they don't overlap.

[MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION] [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] maybe you want to watch mine too?

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The two links took me to the same video.

You are too stinking cute :wubbie: You definitely seem a little "dreamy" to me and like a romantic. You like animals and the thought of being a doctor as well as hunting diagnoses; have you ever thought of being a Vet?
I wish I was more knowledgeable of the functions. I'm no use to give you a proper evaluation.

Oh, I don't know if you were nervous, but you talked a little too fast for me at times. Your flow of thought was quick! Which makes you seem like you have a lot of "T" as well (quick thinking, intelligent, so would that be Te or Ti?)

I enjoyed your video. It seemed like it was cut off early though. I hope to see some more :)
And hopefully, RadicalDoubt will have some insights for you.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok guys, here's the cringefest!

YouTube

YouTube Here's another one. What did I even put in this one? Hopefully they don't overlap.

[MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION] [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] maybe you want to watch mine too?

They both seem to be a link to the same video btw.

Geez you seem like such a pleasant person, definitely a lot of 9 influence present with this one. I don't really follow socionics enough yet to make a clear judgement on that, but mbti wise, you seem like a clear INFP with an emphasis on Ne Comparatively to Zheylin (I'm comparing because you both are typed very similarly), you came across as more energetic and expressive whereas Zheylin was more relaxed and controlled. I'm guessing that's where your 7 fix comes in. I'm almost surprised you got typed as an SEI with this, but then again, I'm not a socionics person, however I would've pegged you as an extroverted subtype (ie. I guess SEI-Fe, although you're somewhat obviously mbti INFP to me so I would've said EII-Ne lol). The 4 fix is there too a little bit, though not overbearing. Adds for more of a withdrawn and idealistic flavor to your personality. Sp/so is a definite. I questioned so/sp for 4 seconds, but I think sp/so works well.

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oops YouTube Don't know if this will make a difference. Yeah, it's cut off because I tripped over a word and didn't wanna ruin the video. [MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION] I do get nervous and trippy on camera. I guess that's why I get high Ti on function tests :) Ahh you guys are so nice.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*whew* I've had a crazy day, but I did watch your other video. I definitely pick up on some extroversion too :)

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*whew* I've had a crazy day, but I did watch your other video. I definitely pick up on some extroversion too :)

Oh? :shock: :D

I hope it was good crazy!

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My opinion doesn't change after the second video, although I could easily see an extroverted type with an introverted subtype in terms of socionics if it weren't an introverted with an extroverted subtype

I made a video as well. It's excessively long, but apparently very ILE? Video Questionaire: Type The Krayfish

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why this extroversion? :p Yeah, it does get weird because my Ne mostly comes out highest on function tests but my Te is quite bad. Don't know why everyone is pegging you as an extrovert, you seem more reserved. But you definitely wield Ne and Ti well. You seem so smart, you seem like a cool gal. Everyone's debating on mine xD