123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Default Video Questionnaires

What the general consensus of using those in typology?
    I was typed, by one person, as ISTP or INTP at 16types. I'm not sure if it was because of the video I made, itself, or the questionnaire (I live in the present and not the past; though that was a learned behavior).

Eternally Burnt Out RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

From what I've seen it's really a give or take. On one hand, most would agree that visual typing is near garbage, especially if the focus lends itself to superficial traits such as facial features or eye shame. Nonetheless, videos if used correctly have the potential to provide a larger amount of information than at least a questionaire can. And for most people, unless you're super charismatic or self aware I guess, it's a bit easier to "fool others" (or yourself) into validating your own type bias answering a questionnaire in a way that doesn't actually represent you than it is within a video questionaire just because a lot of the typing process relies on your demeanor/expression style, which most people don't really pay attention to since it is so natural.

Nonetheless, if you're confident about your Fi especially, it'd probably be good to look at the person who was typing you's history of typing to make sure they actually kind of know what they're doing (ie. compare their typing's to you own perspective I guess)? People tend to have the bias to type anyone who speaks relatively "logically" or comes across awkward/inexpressive as high Ti anyhow (I didn't see your video so I'm just throwing out ideas) so use your own judgement on that one.
    - 6w5 1w9 3w4 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Thank you, so much, for your reply. I don't know how I managed to overlook it for 3 days!

I'm very confident in my Fi, though I must also accept the fact that I'm high in sensing. Perhaps that's due to having HSP my entire life? Or my enneagram? Or perhaps, just by developing my sensing more as I've aged.
    (Which sort of leads to another question: can an elderly person accurately be typed? My Ni has dropped considerably over the years as it pertains to test questions.)

I've watched some videos on typing people based on their eye movements, which seems like a bunch of hooey lol. But I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, so who knows. The whole thing just fascinates me. I figured, with video questionnaires, they're looking more into HOW you answer and not necessarily the answers themselves.

I will look into it some more. Thanks again.
    Here's the video if you're curious or knowledgeable in such things. YouTube
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

Lavender's Wife ♕ ✦ღ Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so

I wish I knew too. I did a video questionnaire too, but I only gave it to a PersonalityCafe friend. Really makes me wonder since 6 people think I look like a SEI and/or ISFJ, video or not. I got this comment from a user on PerC. Don't know how scientific this really is, but it sounds like she knows her stuff:

"Yes, alpha seems right, and ISFJ in MBTI. Your facial expression appears reserved - you aren't smiling fully. Your eyes lack the "Se stare," and while soft, they aren't hazy in the way I associate with Ns. The shape seems Fe but not Fe dominant, not to mention there isn't enough intensity in your look to make me think Fe dominant."

Cool stuff, but I don't think that's what I am. Also, I love how people on the16types claim I'm a SEI stereotype xD
    Phleg-Mel/Hufflepuff/Aries Sun, Aquarius Moon, Leo Rising

𝔐𝔶 𝔭𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢,
    𝔒𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔰
    ℑ 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 ✰✰✰✰
    Likes Zhaylin, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Yeah, I think one of the problems with video typing is that people get used to presenting themselves a certain way. We also strengthen our secondary functions or mute our main ones.

That said, if the questionnaire is spontaneous (not rehearsed or filled out in advance) it probably could be helpful. How does the person reach their conclusions? How do they present the info?

I just don't know enough about any of this stuff to be helpful lol.
    I doubt the shape of our face has much to do with our personality though*

*Though, I'd imagine (in theory), if a person is significantly attractive or unattractive that could help nudge a person in different directions. And yet, how we look in our formative years rarely mirrors how we end up looking.
    How would that work? Let's say, a person is a sickeningly cute kid. They're fawned over and get their way all the time. But then they morph into an unattractive teen. They're used to always getting their way but now they're bullied. Their personality has already been largely set by then. Do they accept their new reality and adapt? Do they take on a new personality? Would that be a true personality or just a mask?
    But then, let's further say, that after the awkward teenage years they're attractive again. Their skin has cleared up and curves have set in (or they've toned/whatever it is that happens for guys lol).
    The teenage years are quite formative too.

It's just all so overly complicating
    Likes Bismuth Blitz liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

one way that a person could make the awnsers more spontaneous and off the cuff is to have someone read them questions they hadn't seen before... it would remove a lot of the forethought...

i think seeing even "disingenuous" mannerisms can be telling... i think there are a lot of varaibles in the accuracy of any form of typing, and that having a visual/auditory component is likely more often helpful than harmful... unlike some, i see personality as nebulous and malleable... i don't think every peg fits into sixteen or nine holes perfectly and that using various typing systems in concert creates a clearer picture... i also believe that type changes over time, and that sometimes we hold on to a picture of who we were (or who we want to be) so tightly that it can be hard to identify who we are in the present... neither definition of self or others will ever be truely reliable, but it is nice to have a shorthand method of communicating ideas...
    "giving a fuck is my dump stat"

Eternally Burnt Out RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Thank you, so much, for your reply. I don't know how I managed to overlook it for 3 days!

I'm very confident in my Fi, though I must also accept the fact that I'm high in sensing. Perhaps that's due to having HSP my entire life? Or my enneagram? Or perhaps, just by developing my sensing more as I've aged.
    (Which sort of leads to another question: can an elderly person accurately be typed? My Ni has dropped considerably over the years as it pertains to test questions.)

I've watched some videos on typing people based on their eye movements, which seems like a bunch of hooey lol. But I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, so who knows. The whole thing just fascinates me. I figured, with video questionnaires, they're looking more into HOW you answer and not necessarily the answers themselves.

I will look into it some more. Thanks again.
    Here's the video if you're curious or knowledgeable in such things. YouTube
    Sorry for the long wait on the reply, I've been fairly busy. I'm not particularly well versed in VI or video typing but... Being as judgmental as I am at times I tend to type most of the people I know.

I think elderly people can be typed tbh, I think the danger just comes into that most of the people on these forums are fairly young and tend to be judgemental towards older people as a whole (ie. everyone's quick to type their grandparents as high Si just because it's the type that's most trashed in the mbti/is oriented around tradition) ect.

Nonetheless, I think INFP/INFj (EII) works fine? . I didn't really watch the whole thing but, looking at both the content of your questionaire as well as your general presence, I'm not sure where IxTP came from (dunno if it's socionics IxTP in the sense of high Te or Ti as traditional in mbti, but I don't see either of those working). Maybe if it's the socionics version SLI came from the fairly obvious Si-Fi in this, "delta vibe?" Maybe some just added the N to that because "eh, she seems to use intuition?" I guess one of the first things I noticed here based on deposition was the sort of softness that typically accompanies Si. I thought 9w1 was also fairly obvious via deposition alone and speaking style (ie. you spoke softly and fairly evenly toned). I almost considered ISFJ/ISFp (SEI) as well, could be plausible if you think EII doesn't work. I note that you're currenlty typed as an "INFP, SEI," which could work, I still think EII but then again, socionics isn't my forte. At least mbti wise INFP seems good.
    - 6w5 1w9 3w4 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

Likes Bismuth Blitz, Zhaylin liked this post

Lavender's Wife ♕ ✦ღ Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so

I checked out your video too, Zhaylin :p You seem sweet. I kinda wanna do another video for giggles, might clear up doubts too. Anyways, nice crochet skills. You seem Fi and 9, you're mostly laid back but you have a few close values. Your memory seems pretty good too, might be a Si sign. And you seem introverted, but I'm sure you knew that. I like how we're in the same boat, 2 introverted nines who keep getting VI'd as different things.
    Phleg-Mel/Hufflepuff/Aries Sun, Aquarius Moon, Leo Rising

𝔐𝔶 𝔭𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢,
    𝔒𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔰
    ℑ 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 ✰✰✰✰
    Likes Zhaylin, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Hehe, thanks everyone

Socionics is definitely the most confusing typing system! I identify with IEI more than SEI-Fe, but I type as SEI-Fe most consistently and with the -Fe, I do see a lot of myself.
    I'm NOT a "T". My hubby is though. Perhaps he's rubbing off on me a little
    And while I am a "hippy"- more free flowing, accepting, creative-ish I'm not nearly as free spirited and fun loving as I've read S's to be. And I don't really care for aestetics (sp). I like art and pretty things but to a very slight degree. And nothing for ISFP really clicks unlike INFP which I almost completely identify with (as in 98% lol)

Don't worry about the delay in your reply @RadicalDoubt That's one of the reasons I love forums so much. A person can reply when they're darn good and ready I understand the obligations and wants of life.

@Robobit14 Feel free to add your video here if you want (or tag me in the Type Me thread )
    I do love crocheting. I'm not too good at it, seeing how I can't read patterns. I would friggin LOVE to make myself a new crocheted vest. The one I now use, I've been using nearly every day (when in public), for over 10 years. It's starting to become extremely tattered lol
    And you're too kind regarding my memory

It's like, I can remember things from 4-12 years old pretty well... then it's kind of hazy from there until 21. From 21-44, I have to try REALLY hard to remember stuff.
    Likes Bismuth Blitz liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

All these efforts to avoid bias when we can simply be accepting of things to avoid bias.

I also dont think removing the opportunity for forethought is a good idea for everyone. Introverts in general sometimes require more time to process internally prior to acting or talking, and some peoples' responses would be reduced in quality.