• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clusters in Big Five data

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't think you understand much of anything I post, so you're wasting my time. Again. Go work on your ESFJ/INFJ dilemma. That'll keep you busy.

Perhaps not, for instance I don't know what you're referring to with this supposed "ESFJ/INFJ dilemma".

--

Your comment earlier really did suggest that you didn't understand what clusters meant. If you did understand it, it's not clear at all what you were saying.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to score very high on openness, and decently high on aggreableness, but I do see myself as "reserved." I can't connect with any of the types they came up with.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
SGN0932.jpg

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Between Reserved and Role Model. My Conscientiousness is pretty low, just like Neuroticism. I'm average in Extroversion just due to assertiveness.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
None of the introverts wanted to come out for testing, lmao.

I'm low extroversion, idk wtf neuroticism because I have 3 emotional dysregulation disorders and don't know what my baseline would be without them, high openness, medium agreeableness, low conscientiousness. Like many people, I fit none of their categories, therefore. It's also worth mentioning I know how to adjust the agreeableness and am pretty fluid in that department...and tbh if they're saying that area is anything but fluid I think they're putting people inside of boxes that aren't really there. Changing your Agreeableness is easy.

I also would like to see some results over time--what someone tests as today won't be what they test as a year later, and that fluidity has been a part of what B5 allows for for a long time.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Oh, and I also think that just because masses of people have specific things in common doesn't mean that is a personality type. And are they suggesting people can't change "types?" If so, their own model contradicts that because some are said to be set while others change. If not, what's the point in personality "types" in the first place?

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of the introverts wanted to come out for testing, lmao.

I'm low extroversion, idk wtf neuroticism because I have 3 emotional dysregulation disorders and don't know what my baseline would be without them, high openness, medium agreeableness, low conscientiousness. Like many people, I fit none of their categories, therefore. It's also worth mentioning I know how to adjust the agreeableness and am pretty fluid in that department...and tbh if they're saying that area is anything but fluid I think they're putting people inside of boxes that aren't really there. Changing your Agreeableness is easy.

I also would like to see some results over time--what someone tests as today won't be what they test as a year later, and that fluidity has been a part of what B5 allows for for a long time.

my mentor said bpd has been correlated with low agreeableness and low conscientiousness
I personally only score as low C out of those two but yeah

Oh, and I also think that just because masses of people have specific things in common doesn't mean that is a personality type. And are they suggesting people can't change "types?" If so, their own model contradicts that because some are said to be set while others change. If not, what's the point in personality "types" in the first place?
im forgetting stats and im not sure how they did it here but sometimes they use clusters to see what is a consistent pattern I guess
also Jung (although I do remember reading that he thinks people do have attitudes they "prefer" say I vs. E) said that personality types are a bit more malleable, in that though polarities exists, very few are "pure" types, people can lean a little this way or that; honestly socionics I think does allow for that (the idea of "subtypes" for instance, I have actually seen both subtypes manifest say for instance in my father, at different times. He shifts between the two ILI subtypes. I guess that speaks to what I have been told about Jung, that I mentioned).

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
my mentor said bpd has been correlated with low agreeableness and low conscientiousness
I personally only score as low C out of those two but yeah
That's correct, and actually it's correlated with
Low Agreeableness
Low Extroversion
Low Conscientiousness
High Neuroticism

...which translates into ITP in MBTI.

im forgetting stats and im not sure how they did it here but sometimes they use clusters to see what is a consistent pattern I guess
also Jung (although I do remember reading that he thinks people do have attitudes they "prefer" say I vs. E) said that personality types are a bit more malleable, in that though polarities exists, very few are "pure" types, people can lean a little this way or that; honestly socionics I think does allow for that (the idea of "subtypes" for instance, I have actually seen both subtypes manifest say for instance in my father, at different times. He shifts between the two ILI subtypes. I guess that speaks to what I have been told about Jung, that I mentioned).
I have mostly gotten away from typology, but I do think that in some ways people are more diverse than type categorization would suggest they are. I think some things are fixed, however, such as I/E. Other things...not so much.