• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Big Five Test

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the version FiveThirtyEight just put out -- it's really easy to take, shows scores for subtypes, visualizes the data, and compares to the national average and their staff average.

The only gripe might be that it's probably not as comprehensive, the questions seem fewer than the typical amount of questions asked on a Big Five test.

Finally, A Personality Quiz Backed By Science | FiveThirtyEight

EDIT:
Since people were posting their scores:

Last edited:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Openness to experience
92 out of 100
Agreeableness
50 out of 100
Conscientiousness
79 out of 100
Negative emotionality
38 out of 100
Extraversion
38 out of 100

Jaguar

Openness to experience
100 out of 100

Agreeableness
50 out of 100

Conscientiousness
58 out of 100

Negative emotionality
21 out of 100

Extraversion
88 out of 100

Agreeableness ran high for me on this one. Other scores are close to what I usually get.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Openness: 100
Agreeableness: 75
Conscientiousness: 54
Negative emotionality: 46
Extraversion: 8

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Short test...

Openness to experience
92 out of 100

Agreeableness
54 out of 100

Conscientiousness
33 out of 100

Negative emotionality
67 out of 100

Extraversion
50 out of 100

Everything was pretty close to usual except extroversion which is... MUCH higher than usual. My assertiveness and energy level are both above average. The energy level doesn't surprise me but assertiveness does.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Openness to experience
63 out of 100

Agreeableness
92 out of 100

Conscientiousness
21 out of 100

Negative emotionality
21 out of 100

Extraversion
4 out of 100

I have one gripe with the test: "I have few artistic interests." Is that statement negative: "Art doesn't interest me, so few things capture my interest." Or is it a positive one? "I going broke buying all these supplies. I have quite a few artistic interests!"
A took it to be negative because it was "few" instead of "a few".

ROFL. I love the way the categories are explained :rofl1: The triangles are a bit confusing though (I didn't even appear in Extraversion lol).

**EDIT**
"High agreeableness: You may feel a deep identification with the possibly-too-trusting, unfailingly polite and relentlessly helpful Ned Flanders. High agreeableness is associated with religiousness and with compassion. The highly agreeable aren’t merely the people feeding the hungry and building community — they’re often the ones leading the organizations that do those things. And the benefits of being agreeable start early. Highly agreeable kids are less likely to be bullied and are more likely to have strong relationships with peers. They do better in school. And some studies that have followed agreeable kids into adulthood found that their youthful good nature appears to be predictive of success in school, work and relationships. Things look pretty goodily-woodily for you, neighboreeno."

Like I said: I love the way the categories are explained rofl

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Openness to experience
83 out of 100
Agreeableness
25 out of 100
Conscientiousness
71 out of 100
Negative emotionality
46 out of 100
Extraversion
67 out of 100

High openness to experience: You’ve probably tried on several personal styles and hobbies during your life, and your curious brain is actively seeking new things to explore. Your identity may be flexible and open to change, but you’re likely to find success in careers that value that — the arts, for instance. Don’t trap yourself in a “Theater Kid” box, though. People with high openness also do well in careers that involve investigation and discovery. They might become scientists, lawyers or investigative journalists — basically weaponizing their intellectual curiosity and willingness to try new things and explore new ideas. Be aware, though, that dangerous drugs are among the things you’re more likely to be willing to try. Substance use disorders are a serious risk.

Low agreeableness: If life seems a little unfair, that’s because it sort of is. To you. Personally. As a kid, you were probably a little less naturally friendly and a little more prone to anger, cynicism and mistrust than your peers were. And those traits probably made you more likely to have negative interactions with those peers — which then may have made you even less agreeable. By the time low agreeable people hit adulthood, they’re at risk for a whole host of unpleasant outcomes, including criminal records, reduced financial and job success, and higher rates of coronary heart disease. The good news is that you have to be pretty extremely un-agreeable for those correlative outcomes to kick in — think the bottom 10 percent. But, even if that’s you, the headlines aren’t all gloomy. Low agreeableness is associated with success in highly competitive jobs in which nobody expects you to be perky and pleasant. And those tend to pay well. So at least you can frown all the way to the bank.

High conscientiousness: You are one of the organized, the responsible, the possibly just-a-wee-bit boring. The highly conscientious can be thought of as the carriers of tradition. They’re likely to be religious and join organized clubs like the Elks or the local bowling league. People like you work hard, and your boss probably loves your well-planned productivity. You’re likely politically conservative. And your sense of commitment and attention to the little details make you great to date and stable in marriage. If all of that fails to sell you to a potential partner, try this: Some research suggests that the spouses of highly conscientious people can end up with better health than they otherwise would have. Frankly, “hey, baby, I’ll increase your positive health outcomes” may well be the most “highly conscientious” pickup line imaginable.

Moderate negative emotionality: You don’t exactly have a propensity toward sadness, anger and anxiety. But you also aren’t exactly lacking those tendencies, either. All the Big Five traits operate on a spectrum — the people in the middle tend to experience a little of what both poles feel to the extreme. And that means you’re also likely getting a taste of the outcomes correlated with both those poles, too. People who score high on negative emotionality have rocky relationships — maybe you’ve had one relationship that brought that side out more than others. The low negative emotionality folks will cheerfully work the same job for decades with no burnout — maybe you take a little longer to reach burnout stage (even if you eventually do). If you’re reading this and thinking, “Hey, doesn't that just make me a normal human?” Well, statistically, yes, that would be how bell curves work, wouldn’t it? Don’t worry. There’s probably another personality trait where you’re more extreme.

High extraversion: Your life is pretty good — and even if it’s not, you’re more likely to feel like it is. People who score high on extraversion are more likely to have what scientists call “positive subjective well-being.” Basically, people like you are happy independent of a lot of factors that should otherwise affect their happiness, including relationship status, class and employment status. That’s probably in part because high extraversion is associated with having strong friendship ties and a support system, which are themselves associated with increased happiness (the correlations between extraversion, social support and better health outcomes probably don’t hurt, either). Who knew your inability to shut up would prove so useful?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I took a different version of this test. I think the only difference is that they refer to “ negative emotionality” as
“ Nuerotisicm.”

Extraversion: 78%
Agreeableness: 1%
Openness: 17%
Neuroticism: 1%
Conscientiousness: 51%

Oooh. Agreeableness of 1% but also a Neuroticism of 1% I wonder if the two are connected? Add the high extroversion and it all makes sense : “ I love you all but you’re insane and I’m not jumping off that cliff with you.” :D

Also the test that I took has a chart for “ validity” on the summary page but is not broken down or explained anywhere else. Does anyone know what that is about?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29849]Yuu[/MENTION] what's the test url?

Jaguar

I took a different version of this test. I think the only difference is that they refer to “ negative emotionality” as
“ Nuerotisicm.”

Extraversion: 78%
Agreeableness: 1%
Openness: 17%
Neuroticism: 1%
Conscientiousness: 51%

Oooh. Agreeableness of 1% but also a Neuroticism of 1% I wonder if the two are connected? Add the high extroversion and it all makes sense : “ I love you all but you’re insane and I’m not jumping off that cliff with you.” :D

Also the test that I took has a chart for “ validity” on the summary page but is not broken down or explained anywhere else. Does anyone know what that is about?

Out of curiosity, what was your issue with taking the test at the link in the OP?

rav3n

Openness to experience - 92 out of 100
Agreeableness - 17 out of 100
Conscientiousness - 79 out of 100
Negative emotionality - 4 out of 100
Extraversion - 71 out of 100

This one's different since the focus for extraversion isn't on being social.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=29849]Yuu[/MENTION] what's the test url?

I took this test nearly a year ago so it will take some back-tracking to find. Will share when I do.

Here are my resultsfor this test:

Openness:46
Agreeableness:17
Contentiousness:38
Negative emotionality:17
Extraversion:87

Huh, again agreeableness and negative emotionallity are the same. I do wonder if there is a correlleation.
I shared this with my husband combined with some knowledge of the test and vast knowledge of well, me, he has theorized that these negative emotions or neurosis are a fesult of how much we care what others think of us; we tend to be aggreeable to give others a good impression of us and this can cause “ negative emotions” or “ neurosis” from the constant stress of having to perform for or please others.
One with low stats in both does not care if others dislike or veiw them poorly for refusing to “ agree” or perform. I guess in this way we may not have a lot of freinds but are fine with ourselves. In my case it’s accurate. For others, maybe it’s complete nonsense.

Out of curiosity, what was your issue with taking the test at the link in the OP?

Link didn’t work on my computer and my iPad had to charge.:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh, again agreeableness and negative emotionallity are the same. I do wonder if there is a correlleation.
I shared this with my husband combined with some knowledge of the test and vast knowledge of well, me, he has theorized that these negative emotions or neurosis are a fesult of how much we care what others think of us; we tend to be aggreeable to give others a good impression of us and this can cause “ negative emotions” or “ neurosis” from the constant stress of having to perform for or please others.

Yeah, that is kind of my "hunch" about it, if I had to guess. People are neurotic because they care too much about something in particular (including how they are viewed by others), and this can also be a contributing factor in someone's willingness to be agreeable. Interestingly, my neuroticism and agreeableness scores were higher a decade or so ago, and nowadays (since I've consciously stopped trying to adjust my image and "fit in" and be okay with the outcomes), both of those scores have dropped some for me.

There might be other factors in play too, but maybe that could explain some of the syncing.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here are my results!

Openness to experience 92 out of 100

Agreeableness 54 out of 100

Conscientiousness 42 out of 100

Negative emotionality 13 out of 100

Extraversion 83 out of 100

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah, that is kind of my "hunch" about it, if I had to guess. People are neurotic because they care too much about something in particular (including how they are viewed by others), and this can also be a contributing factor in someone's willingness to be agreeable. Interestingly, my neuroticism and agreeableness scores were higher a decade or so ago, and nowadays (since I've consciously stopped trying to adjust my image and "fit in" and be okay with the outcomes), both of those scores have dropped some for me.

There might be other factors in play too, but maybe that could explain some of the syncing.

That does make sense.

I am neurotic about my appearance. I nearly have a nervous breakdown when asked for a picture without warning. Especially if they ask me to uncover my forehead. ( for state ID) I keep my bangs short because after 35 years of being light-sensitive I've developed a permanent scowl and really...strong muscles on my eyelids so I can't open my eyes very wide. I look like a squinting pug dog, or maybe oooold John Wayne. I HATE it to the point of what is probably a serious mental issue.
I'm sure that from the outside it's probably amusing to see me go from aloof and cool as a cucumber to rich teenage girl who only got 999 likes on the pictures from her destination birthday party.

BTW I could not find the exact URL but the quiz I took was on the Tony Robbins website. I don't think it was taken down rather it was called something other than " big 5" so searching brought up no results.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
openness to experience - 63 out of 100
agreeableness - 42 out of 100
conscientiousness - 79 out of 100
negative emotionality - 17 out of 100
extraversion - 58 out of 100

This isn't the first Big 5 test I've taken but it's the first one that's this short and to the point, which I like. Some issues with the descriptions of conscientiousness - not religious but do join clubs/groups and not conservative politically - otherwise fairly accurate although, I would rate my openness to experience a bit higher than this test scored.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Openness to experience
100 out of 100
Agreeableness
54 out of 100
Conscientiousness
75 out of 100
Negative emotionality
8 out of 100
Extraversion
50 out of 100

This isn't the first Big 5 test I've taken but it's the first one that's this short and to the point, which I like. Some issues with the descriptions of conscientiousness - not religious but do join clubs/groups and not conservative politically
Same. Except I also don't really join clubs.

My Trust level is down in the toilet, and my Sociability's pretty low. (Though Respectfulness and Assertiveness balance those out.) That probably explains why I don't join clubs :shrug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
openness to experience
71 out of 100

agreeableness
29 out of 100

conscientiousness
100 out of 100

negative emotionality
17 out of 100

extraversion
67 out of 100

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Openness: 92
Agreeableness: 25
Conscientiousness: 96
Negative emotionality: 8
Extraversion: 38

Extraversion score is much higher than usual, otherwise consistent with other results.