• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird Ass Enneagram Test; It Involves SITTING.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
5 >> 9 > 1

As usual, I did not identify with any of the three heart type experiences lol. Of the descriptions, I think the order is 4>2>>3?

That 5 description though... asdfghjkl

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We see some big winners here in the data cluster -- the question is of course whether some selected answer texts are more accurate than others and/or whether the test is accurately sorting people away from 5/9/1/7 (they seem to be the big winners here). It's hard to tell because this site with its preponderance of INxx types is skewing the results, we don't provide a true representative test of all nine options.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The answer was "None of the above. I don't have the patience to read all this shit." But I skimmed through it, did what they asked for about 15 seconds and selected the first answer deciding it was "Close enough" and wasn't going to read the rest.

...they still got me! It's no coincidence though. Eight was obviously at the top because they knew we would not read any further. Very clever.

Belief
Eights believe that it is up to them to be a powerful force in the world. They can be free when they accept that they don’t need to try to impose themselves. If they accept the present moment and go with the flow of the universe, then they have found true power.

Appearances
Eights have an forceful energy that is noticeable, regardless of their stature. Often aggressive but not always so, when an Eight is around their presence dominates. They hold steady eye-contact that shows you they are in control. The main thing I’ve noticed about an Eight’s style is that they reflect their own self-worth. The Eight believes they deserve the best so they will treat themselves to quality clothes, shoes, haircuts and beauty/fitness regimes.
Picture
Friends, Family and Other Relationships
Eights can be very protective and loving but there is usually an forceful/aggressive side to their relationships. They can use playful bullying as a way of interacting with their friends which can be intimidating to some. They will show their dominance with regularity and can (for the sake of it) argue against whatever opinions or ideas you have.

Difficulties
Eights feel they are just being assertive and not wishy-washy and can be confused by the upset they can cause others.
As Children
From an early age, Eights will show they are not afraid of others, whatever age, which can make them very easy for teachers to spot in the classroom because they can be the worst behaved and most vocal. They are also the archetypal playground bully.
At Work
Eights are natural bosses and will like to take control of projects if possible. Alan Sugar and Donald Trump are both Eights, so you can see that Eights are not people who have much time for people pleasers or inefficiency. Of course, not all Eights are bosses but Eights tend to enforce their views strongly and forcefully at their workplace.
Talking Style
Eights speak confidently and clearly and don’t hold back with their opinions about things. They like arguing because it is a way of asserting dominance. Eights will often take the opposing stance, not really caring about the topic, just wanting to spar.

...more stereotypes though. *Siiiigh*

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think there are so many 5s because obviously we are all taking the test for understanding or we wouldn't be bothering with it. I had a hard time figuring out which answer I related to so I just picked that one.

My experience was actually:

I started counting but then realized that my mind is supposed to be blank and not thinking of anything. I quickly decide that is impossible and ridiculous. I then notice how noisy my family is and try to block it out. I then think if I can be all zen and meditative I won't think of anything. Then I start thinking about how excited I am about Christmas and that I have 4 hours before our company comes so I probably have time to read some of my book before I have to start getting ready. Then I notice how noisy my family is. Then I wonder if there are actually people who are able to keep their minds blank for 30 seconds. Then I decided it has to have been 30 seconds and if it hasn't I don't really care anymore.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The answer was "None of the above. I don't have the patience to read all this shit." But I skimmed through it, did what they asked for about 15 seconds and selected the first answer deciding it was "Close enough" and wasn't going to read the rest.

...they still got me! It's no coincidence though. Eight was obviously at the top because they knew we would not read any further. Very clever.

Questionable: since this means that everyone who lacks the time, patience or interest to read through this "experiment" is an 8, myself included.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Questionable: since this means that everyone who lacks the time, patience or interest to read through this "experiment" is an 8, myself included.

:bored:

Yes, the entire thing is questionable since it no where claims to be taken seriously as scientific or official.

But I mean, you sure do love to argue like an 8.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9 for me. The 4-ness of my recent past hasn't been bothering me as much lately.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1 for me, it was the only response that actually made sense lol. Both 7 and 5 were also close seconds apparently. Interesting test.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got 9

Spotting and Understanding Nines

Belief
Nines believe that they have uncontrollable impulses and the best thing to do is to bury them and let others take control. This makes them seem very easy-going and friendly on the surface but means they have lost contact with their total presence. Nines can be free when they believe that everything within them is acceptable and nothing has to be suppressed.

Appearances
Because Nines have suppressed anger they initially appear to have a soft, easy-going and relaxed appearance. They are not likely to make bold statements with their outfits as they prefer to blend in. My dad doesn’t even like to wear anything with a visible brand name on it. They can seem a little vacant at times as if they are running out of thoughts.

Friends, Family and Other Relationships
Nines are usually very easy to get on with, seeming just genuine and lovely with not a bad word to say about anyone. They often go along with whatever their friends, family or lover wants to do quite happily but usually there is some passive-aggressiveness present. They can have occasional outbursts of anger or seethe slowly for long periods. Normally however, their way of dealing with conflict is to bury their head in the sand and go vacant, leaving the room or just ignoring the person. They can be secretive in relationships too, continuing to do things that they know their partner would not want but doing it in secret.

Difficulties
Nines are subconsciously scared of the forces within them such as fury so they numb themselves by going vacant and daydreaming. However TV, food, alcohol and some drugs such as cannabis can have a similar effect so Nines can become addicts.

As Children
As children, Nines are friendly and calm. However, because they often go along with what their friends, they can seem naughty because they are they ones getting caught for joining in with what their quicker friends have managed to escape the blame for.

At Work
Nines work quite well, wanting to keep the peace and go with the flow of the organisation’s expectations. They can find it hard to decide what it is they want to do, and may end up stumbling into a job and staying there for the rest of their working life.

Talking Style
Like their appearance, a Nine’s voice is soft, relaxed and friendly though they will pick up the qualities of those they are with too, so if they are with giggly, silly friends they will sound giggly and silly too, for example.

Yeah I think I’m enneagram 9 :yes:

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
rofl. Who could have ever imagined this!

I was torn between 2 answers. The test was easy for me, but instead of clearing my mind, it kept repeating: "Stop thinking, you're not supposed to be thinking, shut up already, Brain! No thinking" Then at the end, I got a flash of imagery from a Netflix show I just watched and figured 30 seconds had passed.

I chose 5 first, then 9.
I'm a 9w1; 2w1; 7w6.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Does anyone really need the enneagram at all when every 'solution' suggested in this test boils down to enjoy the present moment?

raskol

I got 8.

First I ignored the bit about sitting still, then I ignored closing my eyes and thinking about anything--because someone told me to. But that is exactly what was expected of 8's (lol). And then I didn't finish reading the wall of text after the result was declared, so I managed to avoid coming across any notion of "advice" passed on by the test's creators.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got 4
Accurate in terms of appearance and communication.
When I sat I immediately noticed my inner anxiety in my core and so it was uncomfortable on one level, but always a curiosity to me. I'm always observer and experiencer of my own emotions. My mind also wondered what was going to be measured in the test, so wondered if I should remember and focus on body posture or thoughts or something else.

Spotting and Understanding Fours
Belief
Fours believe that they are somehow extraordinary and use their emotions and imagination to strengthen this, while also seeking recognition from others. They can find freedom when they learn to appreciate the simple, ordinary parts of life and accept that they are no more special than anyone else. They can find joy and meaning from just being present with what is, rather than an idealised version of how they should be.

Appearances
Fours are aware of how others perceive them but think of themselves as above vanity. They like to make sure they look natural and unaffected. Their clothes may be bohemian, elegant or from charity shops/thrift stores, but they will aim to project an image of someone who is naturally stylish, not trying too hard. Fours often have a darkness about their aura which can manifest in dark clothes and, especially in teenagers, in the stereotype of the goth or ‘emo’. You can spot fours because their habitual expression is often lost and contemplative, searching inside to understand why they are suffering.

Friends Family and Other Relationships,
Fours are intense with people they know well and can spend a lot of time talking about themselves, their dreams and how much they are suffering, so friends and family can find this draining. They can also be great fun and come up with creative games and ideas. Jealousy and insecurity is a feature of a four’s loving relationships – they can find it difficult if a partner is ‘doing better’ than them in some way, and at their worst can imagine that their partner is having affairs or planning to leave them, and even search for evidence for this.

Difficulties
Fours are particular attached to suffering. They feel that they are elite but that somehow this is not being recognised, because they still have to work at ‘ordinary’ jobs for example, or haven’t had much interest in their latest artistic project. The focus of attention is on what is missing and out of habit, suffering itself becomes their mark of being special, their identity. They can stay at home, feeling too self-conscious and depressed to get out into the world and meet people and get things done.

As children
As a teacher, I have found some Fours very easy to spot because they are often the students who are painfully shy in class and find it excruciating to have to speak in front of others. Others fours children are more confident and cheerful, but still relatively quiet and can seem ditzy and/or introspective.
At Work

A Four's dream job involves an artistic expression of their inner vision. Given time, Fours are known to come up with creative and effective ways of working in any field. They can be inefficient though, because they are feelers rather than quick thinkers. Fours can give the impression they don’t feel happy at the workplace, as if it is below them and they don’t want to be there. They can also be self-conscious about mistakes and seem over-sensitive and embarrassed if they get pointed out.

Talking Style
Fours can be quite easy to identify because when they talk they reveal a lot about themselves and their feelings, even with strangers they have started to chat to on a train journey. There is often a melancholy tone to the voice. Sometimes there's also a tendency to pretend to be more naïve than they really are. This could be an attention-seeking strategy that also encourages others to be gentle and sensitive around them. I've noticed it in my mother, myself and other fours.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone really need the enneagram at all when every 'solution' suggested in this test boils down to enjoy the present moment?

It's for entertainment purposes so bye.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 > 5 > 6

what the hell.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only one that really applied to me was the one for 9.