User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Follow your Dreams HoneyBlossom's Avatar

I got 9

Spotting and Understanding Nines

Belief
    Nines believe that they have uncontrollable impulses and the best thing to do is to bury them and let others take control. This makes them seem very easy-going and friendly on the surface but means they have lost contact with their total presence. Nines can be free when they believe that everything within them is acceptable and nothing has to be suppressed.

Appearances
    Because Nines have suppressed anger they initially appear to have a soft, easy-going and relaxed appearance. They are not likely to make bold statements with their outfits as they prefer to blend in. My dad doesn’t even like to wear anything with a visible brand name on it. They can seem a little vacant at times as if they are running out of thoughts.

Friends, Family and Other Relationships
    Nines are usually very easy to get on with, seeming just genuine and lovely with not a bad word to say about anyone. They often go along with whatever their friends, family or lover wants to do quite happily but usually there is some passive-aggressiveness present. They can have occasional outbursts of anger or seethe slowly for long periods. Normally however, their way of dealing with conflict is to bury their head in the sand and go vacant, leaving the room or just ignoring the person. They can be secretive in relationships too, continuing to do things that they know their partner would not want but doing it in secret.

Difficulties
    Nines are subconsciously scared of the forces within them such as fury so they numb themselves by going vacant and daydreaming. However TV, food, alcohol and some drugs such as cannabis can have a similar effect so Nines can become addicts.

As Children
    As children, Nines are friendly and calm. However, because they often go along with what their friends, they can seem naughty because they are they ones getting caught for joining in with what their quicker friends have managed to escape the blame for.

At Work
    Nines work quite well, wanting to keep the peace and go with the flow of the organisation’s expectations. They can find it hard to decide what it is they want to do, and may end up stumbling into a job and staying there for the rest of their working life.

Talking Style
    Like their appearance, a Nine’s voice is soft, relaxed and friendly though they will pick up the qualities of those they are with too, so if they are with giggly, silly friends they will sound giggly and silly too, for example.

Yeah I think I’m enneagram 9
    Likes Forelsket liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    SEI None

rofl. Who could have ever imagined this!

I was torn between 2 answers. The test was easy for me, but instead of clearing my mind, it kept repeating: "Stop thinking, you're not supposed to be thinking, shut up already, Brain! No thinking" Then at the end, I got a flash of imagery from a Netflix show I just watched and figured 30 seconds had passed.

I chose 5 first, then 9.
    I'm a 9w1; 2w1; 7w6.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Does anyone really need the enneagram at all when every 'solution' suggested in this test boils down to enjoy the present moment?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    485 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

I got 8.

First I ignored the bit about sitting still, then I ignored closing my eyes and thinking about anything--because someone told me to. But that is exactly what was expected of 8's (lol). And then I didn't finish reading the wall of text after the result was declared, so I managed to avoid coming across any notion of "advice" passed on by the test's creators.
    4w3 8w9 5w4 | sx/sp | SLUEI

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I got 4
    Accurate in terms of appearance and communication.
    When I sat I immediately noticed my inner anxiety in my core and so it was uncomfortable on one level, but always a curiosity to me. I'm always observer and experiencer of my own emotions. My mind also wondered what was going to be measured in the test, so wondered if I should remember and focus on body posture or thoughts or something else.

Spotting and Understanding Fours
    Belief
    Fours believe that they are somehow extraordinary and use their emotions and imagination to strengthen this, while also seeking recognition from others. They can find freedom when they learn to appreciate the simple, ordinary parts of life and accept that they are no more special than anyone else. They can find joy and meaning from just being present with what is, rather than an idealised version of how they should be.

Appearances
    Fours are aware of how others perceive them but think of themselves as above vanity. They like to make sure they look natural and unaffected. Their clothes may be bohemian, elegant or from charity shops/thrift stores, but they will aim to project an image of someone who is naturally stylish, not trying too hard. Fours often have a darkness about their aura which can manifest in dark clothes and, especially in teenagers, in the stereotype of the goth or ‘emo’. You can spot fours because their habitual expression is often lost and contemplative, searching inside to understand why they are suffering.

Friends Family and Other Relationships,
    Fours are intense with people they know well and can spend a lot of time talking about themselves, their dreams and how much they are suffering, so friends and family can find this draining. They can also be great fun and come up with creative games and ideas. Jealousy and insecurity is a feature of a four’s loving relationships – they can find it difficult if a partner is ‘doing better’ than them in some way, and at their worst can imagine that their partner is having affairs or planning to leave them, and even search for evidence for this.

Difficulties
    Fours are particular attached to suffering. They feel that they are elite but that somehow this is not being recognised, because they still have to work at ‘ordinary’ jobs for example, or haven’t had much interest in their latest artistic project. The focus of attention is on what is missing and out of habit, suffering itself becomes their mark of being special, their identity. They can stay at home, feeling too self-conscious and depressed to get out into the world and meet people and get things done.

As children
    As a teacher, I have found some Fours very easy to spot because they are often the students who are painfully shy in class and find it excruciating to have to speak in front of others. Others fours children are more confident and cheerful, but still relatively quiet and can seem ditzy and/or introspective.
    At Work

A Four's dream job involves an artistic expression of their inner vision. Given time, Fours are known to come up with creative and effective ways of working in any field. They can be inefficient though, because they are feelers rather than quick thinkers. Fours can give the impression they don’t feel happy at the workplace, as if it is below them and they don’t want to be there. They can also be self-conscious about mistakes and seem over-sensitive and embarrassed if they get pointed out.

Talking Style
    Fours can be quite easy to identify because when they talk they reveal a lot about themselves and their feelings, even with strangers they have started to chat to on a train journey. There is often a melancholy tone to the voice. Sometimes there's also a tendency to pretend to be more naïve than they really are. This could be an attention-seeking strategy that also encourages others to be gentle and sensitive around them. I've noticed it in my mother, myself and other fours.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Does anyone really need the enneagram at all when every 'solution' suggested in this test boils down to enjoy the present moment?
    It's for entertainment purposes so bye.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

1 > 5 > 6

what the hell.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"
    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pluvio View Post
    It's for entertainment purposes so bye.
    Well...as long as it's entertaining.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The only one that really applied to me was the one for 9.

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Forelsket, Cellmold liked this post

Senior Member Hellena Handbasket's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    666 sx/sp

4 then 9 then 5

huh
    I close my eyes and make a wish
    Turn out the lights and take a breath
    Pray that when the wick is burned
    You would say that it's all about love