• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music Preference Test

I was ill informed about the current bands when I was a teenager even. All I knew was that what I heard the other kids listening to, didn't appeal to me at all.

Try getting your fellow teenage friends to listen to the greatest hits from the 1300’s! I’ve never met anyone outside the internet that enjoys medieval music. Or half the other things I listen to. I’ve had a diverse range of musical interests since my mid teens though.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Results of the Musical Preferences Test

The musical preferences test measures fives scales. Scores are normalized so that the average score on each scale is 100 (like IQ scores).

Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 135. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 128. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 139. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 121. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 97. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 116. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 85. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 98. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 97. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 107. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try getting your fellow teenage friends to listen to the greatest hits from the 1300’s! I’ve never met anyone outside the internet that enjoys medieval music. Or half the other things I listen to. I’ve had a diverse range of musical interests since my mid teens though.
It was hard enough to get them to listen to Tchaikovsky. They found Scott Joplin tolerable, at least.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 128. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.

Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 123. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 105. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.

Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 103. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.

Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 79. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.

This is fairly accurate. I despise country music. It would be nice to see some classical music included in there.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 109. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.

Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 101. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.

Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 105. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.

Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 115. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.

Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 111. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 90. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 99. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 105 Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 121. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 93. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

I liked electropop songs the most tbh - but I’m surprised I got a high score for rap :newwink: