• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We built an innovative personality test, would love your feedback!

FireBeard

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would just like to take an opportunity to thank everyone for participating in providing us with some feedback. We had a number of people from this forum jump in and try out the assessment. I just wanted to sort of round if off by summarising some of the key themes. So here goes:

Image pair clarity and understanding - some of the images are down right confusing for some people. Others are hard to spot on a small screen. We will definitely look at these and enhance some of those more puzzling and confusing pairs.

Overestimation and accuracy - so far the report has been rated as 85% (rating of accurate or not accurate based on close to 400 responses) accurate based on the participants that have taken the time to provide feedback. However, just like with the above point it's very clear that certain items are not working and that specific personality factors need a bit more nuance especially agreeableness and neuroticism. We also need to create a transformation on the scores and use percentile ranking, so there will be an analysis to address these issues.

Length and fatigue - some people found the assessment a little long and tiring. We're looking to change this in two ways a) remove items that aren't contributing to the personality model by conducting a factor analysis and shortening the assessment to keep highly predictive items b) changing the design back to the original format where animations would be kicked off on hover or single tap on mobile so that you have an opportunity to study the stills first and then look at animations if necessary. We're guessing that the animation is introducing cognitive load that is really making you thinking about what choice to endorse. We're going to try to ease that a little.

Boredom - while many found the quiz engaging and have rated it very positively, some people reported the assessment to be boring. We will be adding more item types (e.g. card sorting task and a scaled type approach where there's more than 2 images to choose from, think Likert scale but with images) to enhance the dynamics of the assessment as well as robustness of the measure

Dreaded facebook login - ok we use this as integration point to be able to allow people to connect and compare, but it's clear that most people don't like facebook. That's cool :) We'll be looking to allow for different types of account creations (e.g. other social media integrations or simple account setup) to help people get the most out of their report, compare with their friends and share their results

Report harshness - some commented on the fact that some of the personas are negative. Parts of our report are based on modified works of Dr. John A. Johnson's. Dr. Johnson's is outstanding, but probably not suited for a social sharing type scenario. They need to be updated for the context we're looking to use them in. We'll try to definitely refine the language so that they are more positive sounding. This may not be possible in all cases but we're committed to making it better. If you have any specific ideas about this please do not hesitate to message me here and I'll definitely look at incorporating your ideas.

Countries - comparison with countries was raised to be silly. Well we're not seeing any difference. Maybe most people are alike, but we're happy to try to see if we can add like a famous people type comparison group of fictional and non-fictional characters based on sourced information. Not sure on this one but just an idea.​

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tolerant Personas are open to, and accepting of, differences in other people. They care about the feelings of others and tend to take their opinions into account when making decisions. Their social skills are reasonably well-developed and they normally relate well to others in both co-worker and supervisory roles. They are described by others with such terms as good-natured, empathic, genial, tactful, diplomatic, calm, and poised.

Not bad. It's pretty consistent with the other big 5 style tests I've taken (maybe conciencious is related a bit too highly if I have any qualms). Outside of well developed social skills and good ability to relate to others, I'd say this is a reasonable assessment, the pictures are super cute anyhow

FireBeard

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you. Appreciate you taking the time to complete this. As mentioned above there's still some work and I look forward to improving the assessment when I have some time. Thanks again!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd need do re-do this. I clicked the wrong images a couple of times. Also a couple were quite confusing, one looked identical so was unsure. Also I scored low on neuroticism which is certainly untrue but could be due to pressing the wrong image a couple of times and the confusion.

but anyway heres results...

My evaluation
Link with Facebook

Anonymous User
Imaginative Persona
Unconventional Quirky
Imaginative Personas are unconventional nonconformists who pride themselves on being different from others. They are not so much openly antisocial and disruptive in their behavior as they are fanciful, impractical, and unconcerned about the general welfare of others. They are described by others as complex, imaginative, and critical.

Career matches
MATCH
CEO & General Management
MATCH
Self Employment
MATCH
Community Services & Development
compare to other industries
My scores
Openness
Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

Conscientiousness
Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Extraversion
Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither completely subdued nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Agreeableness
Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Neuroticism
Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful.

Highs and lows

Adaptability
You are very flexible in your approach. You tend to seize opportunities, change priorities and can deviate from long term plans by easily letting go.

Spontaneous
Long term planning, details and sticking to a path isn't your type of thing. You're much more likely to be spontaneous and focused on the current situation rather than what might be around the corner. You can bring that spark, challenge or different point of view that can help a group move forward or arrive at a creative solution.

Creative
You have preference for creative outlets, exploring emotions, gut feelings and use empathy to make decisions. You often engage in vivid imagination, fantasy, try new approaches, enjoy fine arts and cultural experiences

Novelty seeking
You hate being in a routine. You're constantly looking for new things to do, new challenges to overcome. If things become too repetitive you can feel like you're in a slump and often look to make a change. This flexibility could be seen as a lack of commitment or passion, being too changeable and being bored.

Rebellious
You tend to have a rebellious streak. You don't value conformity, can sometimes break rules because they make no sense to you and question well established frameworks. While these are positive characteristics if you are trying to solve problems creatively, it can be counterproductive if you are always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Procrastinator
You can procrastinate, and you sometimes tend to put off your responsibilities until the last minute. If something fun comes up, it doesn't bother you to put your responsibilities off until the next day.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sensitive Persona
Excitable passionate sensual

Sensitive personas are very bright but emotionally vulnerable. They pay attention to, and are strongly affected by, things that happen in the world around them. They open themselves to their environment; consequently they enjoy many positive sensory experiences, but on the other hand they are vulnerable to having their feelings hurt. They are described by others as complex, emotionally volatile and imaginative.

well this is pretty accurate, I am a very sensitive person for better or worse. I thought this was a nice test actually.

Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither completely subdued nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating you tend to balance concern for the needs of others and your own.

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Positive stress

Stress and anxiety in life can be a good thing to motivate people, these emotions allow you to be more prepared, anticipate challenges especially when you are able to channel your stressors into productive avenues.

Sponge

You are open to new experiences and tend to place yourself in situations where you are more likely to acquire new knowledge and skills, even when compared to people in the same environment.

Creative

You have preference for creative outlets, exploring emotions, gut feelings and use empathy to make decisions. You often engage in vivid imagination, fantasy, try new approaches, enjoy fine arts and cultural experiences

Novelty seeking
You hate being in a routine. You're constantly looking for new things to do, new challenges to overcome. If things become too repetitive you can feel like you're in a slump and often look to make a change. This flexibility could be seen as a lack of commitment or passion, being too changeable and being bored.

Self Conscious
At times you may feel vulnerable and open to the judgement of others. The anxiety of being put in situations where you have limited control or things can go wrong may prove too much or get on top of you. Ask others for feedback, invite them to provide you with ways to improve, reflect on those situations that stress you out and grow from them. Use them as a point of strength.

Control
You may experience difficulty in thinking clearly, controlling your feelings and being able to cope with stress. In situations where things feel like they are getting too much, take a step back and try to steady yourself. More importantly, find ways to channel your stressors into more productive avenues such as eating healthy, exercising, preparing adequately and anticipating problems that you can deal with before they happen.