• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Version of Forum Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm ENTP, it's not too crazy of a result! Ne/Fe were tied, but my Ti was a lot lower than Ni, so it came out ENFJ. No worries :)

Interesting. I believe you got

Fe=5,Ne=5,Ni=4,Ti=1,Fi=-1,Si=-3,Te=-5,Se=-6

Your Ti score is way lower than Fe so I guess that would be the reason

You were rated as a slight extrovert

I'd be curious as to how you could be ENTP if your Ti was so low.

To me, the key thing is if the test gets the right result :)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Interesting. I believe you got

Fe=5,Ne=5,Ni=4,Ti=1,Fi=-1,Si=-3,Te=-5,Se=-6

Your Ti score is way lower than Fe so I guess that would be the reason

You were rated as a slight extrovert

I'd be curious as to how you could be ENTP if your Ti was so low.

To me, the key thing is if the test gets the right result :)

I would say on the questions where I had to choose most/least out of a menu of options, Ti-ish answers were often my runner-up choice.

Then again, I did totally gloss over the purpose of the test to reassure you that your test was very good. I definitely lean heavily on the Fe.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I hate to say this, but I gave up.
I was only halfway through and the lists of most like me vs least like me were too burdensome.
Most of the time I didn't even understand what was meant by the phrases being offered.
I think the comparisons were too deep for me to understand.
It was taking me too long to understand what I was being asked.
I think that's because I have never studied the cognitive functions and don't know how they work.
Sorry.

Last edited:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

I wish it would let me copy and paste. I got INTP, but with Ti=Ne, and Ni after that. They were the only positive values.

I wasn't paying much attention as I did this, and I think the only reason it gave me Introversion is because of the questions at the beginning. I just filled them out as according to my lonerish tendencies. I am ENTP though.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I hate to say this, but I gave up.
I was only halfway through and the lists of most like me vs least like me were too burdensome.
Most of the time I didn't even understand what was meant by the phrases being offered.
I think the comparisons were too deep for me to understand.
It was taking me too long to understand what I was being asked.
I think that's because I have never studied the cognitive functions and don't know how they work.
Sorry.

I'm pretty fascinated by the fact that you've been here for 11 years and have more than 5k posts haven't studied the cognitive functions.

But what I really wanted to say is that your description of your interpretation here is exactly how I feel when I read questions about Ti, or when a Ti dom goes on a long technical explanation of something that is intuitive to them. I have to read and reread and end up feeling like it's foreign and I'm dumb.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, just retook. got slightly different results. find i can't highlight the text. argh.

gave me INFP again

Fi=Ne > Ni > Te > Ti=Fe > Si > Se

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Hmm, just retook. got slightly different results. find i can't highlight the text. argh.

gave me INFP again

Fi=Ne > Ni > Te > Ti=Fe > Si > Se

This looks like ENFP to me still. I think ENFP 4s tend to test introverted because of heightened Fi. But if you look at your results, you are strong in Ni at 3rd place, which is common for Ne doms, and your next is Te, and Si is low too. Looks good to me as ENFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you depressed? Could cause you to be overly introverted. Just a thought.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looks like ENFP to me still. I think ENFP 4s tend to test introverted because of heightened Fi. But if you look at your results, you are strong in Ni at 3rd place, which is common for Ne doms, and your next is Te, and Si is low too. Looks good to me as ENFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you depressed? Could cause you to be overly introverted. Just a thought.

Thanks for the input. I do tend to be snuggled up on the mid-line between I and E when I take the tests.

Your comment about depression gives me pause because there is some truth there I think that I have been fighting on because I don't want to get dragged back into that abyss.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The links I posted before don't work anymore. :(

Just took it again and got INFP, Fi > Ne > Fe > Si > Se > Ni > Te = Ti

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thanks for the input. I do tend to be snuggled up on the mid-line between I and E when I take the tests.

Your comment about depression gives me pause because there is some truth there I think that I have been fighting on because I don't want to get dragged back into that abyss.

I was the same way - tried to be optimistic/lie to myself as long as possible.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pretty fascinated by the fact that you've been here for 11 years and have more than 5k posts haven't studied the cognitive functions.

But what I really wanted to say is that your description of your interpretation here is exactly how I feel when I read questions about Ti, or when a Ti dom goes on a long technical explanation of something that is intuitive to them. I have to read and reread and end up feeling like it's foreign and I'm dumb.
Yes. That's precisely how it felt. :smile:

There's a logical explanation for the reason I am not that familiar with the cognitive functions.
My preferred tool is the MBTI.
I have read some about the cognitive functions, but I don't have a full working knowledge of all of the functions.
Most of the conversations about it are over my head.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I returned an INTJ result, "cognitive functions" are Te-Ni-Si-Ti-Fi-Ne-Se-Fe, the dichotomy result is consistent with my results from the previous version of this test.
I suppose this would theoretically suggest something I've suggested numerous times throughout various typology communities, that the MBTI dichotomy is not aligned with Jungs theories regarding introversion and extraversion - a dichotomy 'I', yet leading with an Extraverted function.

For a general 'internet' personality test, it's fine, of course it buys into the stereotypes and misunderstandings - a land where there are 8 cognitive functions (there's 4), and 'Si' (not a function) is for reasons unknown, related to possessing a good memory (memory, of course, being explicitly stated by Jung as not pertaining to cognitive functions).
From a Jungian perspective, well - let's just summarize the test as decidedly not from a Jungian perspective.

I appreciate the effort that has gone into the test, providing respondents with a 'most like' and 'least like' option within the same context utilizing the same criteria, is unlike other internet personality tests.

I retook the test, to test for two things: consistency within the test, and to test my own subjective bias as I believe myself to *actually* prefer Sensation over Intuition.

Here are the results this time:
Personality Results – Typology Central Jung Personality Test

Te-Si-Ni-Ti-Ne-Fi=Se-Fe

There are multiple consistencies - the first is that I am an 'introvert' according to your test, the above suggests ISTJ and last time, it was INTJ.
The next is Te 'dominance' both times, with Ti actually falling into precisely the same place as well.
Fe falls into last place both times - this doesn't actually make sense from a Jungian perspective whereby Fi should be there - or, alternatively, Ti should be 'first' - although, it does make sense from a 'realistic' perspective as yes, Fe isn't exactly a 'strong point' for me.

Si and Ni are switched around, but the idea of Te-Pi is consistent both times.
Slight discrepancy whereby Ne is a little higher, and Fi and Se are the same this time, whereas last time it went Fi-Se-Ne.

Still, overall, my results are, IMO, consistent, same general introverted disposition, same notion that I am an 'introverted' Te type, same least-preferred function-attitude in Fe, Ti is in the same position, and my Thinking is supported by an introverted perceiving function as opposed to an extraverted one.

IMO, it's consistent, appears to remain relatively consistent despite subjective bias on my behalf (which may influence the order of S/N this time) though I still have the same issues listed last time - as well as one more I didn't mention, and that is separating I from E - the first half of the quiz is dedicated to this entirely - and it's not true to Jung as it doesn't follow his theories on the general attitude of consciousness (functions can't be separated from attitude, and so it doesn't make sense to test for attitude, isolated from functions).

That said, I actually like the test, and don't believe this aspect of Jungs theories should be adhered to strictly, due to it forcing IIEE/EEII stacks, which not everyone actually seems to follow - so I do like that this test is "open" to not forcing people into specific "stacks", if that makes sense.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I got ENFJ

Ni>Ne>Fe>Ti>Se>Fi>Te=Si

For comparison, the Dario Nardi test gives my correct type ENFP and the following:

Ne>Fi>Ni>Se>Fe=Ti>Te>Si

This test seemed to completely miss the Fi auxiliary, and both tests missed the Te tertiary which tends to be used a little differently when it's supporting NeFi than by a dominant Te user. For example, I love seeing order in my solutions and perfecting to find the best approach, but I'm not driven to impose that on others and I'm unlikely to choose to be in charge unless I feel it is best to achieve the desired outcome.

The questions about most like me and least like me felt pretty pointless. I'm not sure if it's the wording or something, but in most I'd either have no care for any options or think I sort of fitted them all. There were none where I clearly thought "this is me" and "that isn't me".

For example, this one.

Screenshot_20180522-061535.jpg

As an ENFP, I don't really care about laying out steps for others or considering whether things match socially constructed absolutes like right, good or bad. So I chose the discerning values of others, because it helps when solving a problem involving people to know what is going on (diplomacy and all that :)).

On the other hand, if it showed me this post and asked me what I thought of how the site has embedded the picture and made the smiley too little on my phone, I'd have a strong opinion.

(I think I might be stuck on the desktop version)