• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Version of Forum Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Went back to the opening page of the test and you're applying Kiersey's definition of E/I which focuses on gregariousness assessment through behaviours (social behaviour), rather than the official MBTI definition of E/I, that of orientation to the world.

Actually, it's not using temperaments any more. I need to change that in the description. Can you give me a link to your results? It seems you believe you're an ENTJ and it gave you INTJ. It would be interesting to see the results.

rav3n

Actually, it's not using temperaments any more. I need to change that in the description. Can you give me a link to your results? It seems you believe you're an ENTJ and it gave you INTJ. It would be interesting to see the results.
Unfortunately, I didn't keep the page. The results were INTJ in the dichotomies and Te>Ni in the cognitive functions. So as you can see, there's a divide. On other dichotomies tests, I score iNTj or eNTj but primarily iNTj because of low gregariousness (lower caps to indicate degree of introversion and extraversion). Curiously enough, my enneagram main type is 8w7, socionics type is LIE and Sloan Big Five is SCOEI. All of these loosely correlate to ENTJ.

I'm not a people person per se but aren't shy and do socialize pretty often. The recharge questions were interesting because after being in a large crowd of people, I need down time but not to recharge, to unwind. That's a distinction that perhaps you might want to quantify.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intp
ne(9)>ti(3)>ni(2)>fe=fi(-1)>te(-2)>se=si(-5)

seems to line up overall... i tend to describe my ne pulling in info which ti examines... i also describe ne and ni as serving as a vice (holding an idea in place), while ti serves as a scalpel... i am not sure about si being placed last... it seems odd that se wasn't at least two places behind si... anyow, i Definitely lead with ne...

post script:
isn't this an entp stacking? i dunno, i am more introverted than extroverted...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
There is an overall pattern in many of the results indicating that the 3rd function listed is the opposite orientation of the first function listed (i.e. Ne > Fi > Ni ... for ENFP). I think this is actually a really good indication of accurate type testing because naturally, we are strong with our primary type in both orientations. I also think it should be considered strongly by people who think they are introverts but test as an Xe dom, or extroverts testing as an Xi dom.

For example, if you got Ne > Ti > Ni ... but you self-type as INTP, perhaps you are actually a withdrawn ENTP. Especially if the opposite orientation of your suspected dominant function was placed lower in the stack (for example, my Fe was placed 5th in my stack but Ni was 3rd, which suggests I'm stronger with intuition overall than feeling, whereas an INFP would likely have stronger Fe than Ni). Or, put simpler, if you suspect you're an INTP, but you have poor Te, I'd reconsider your typing.

(Type examples picked randomly, don't get your panties in a wad - which btw is a really weird saying)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
intp

seems to line up overall... i tend to describe my ne pulling in info which ti examines... i also describe ne and ni as serving as a vice (holding an idea in place), while ti serves as a scalpel... i am not sure about si being placed last... it seems odd that se wasn't at least two places behind si... anyow, i Definitely lead with ne...

post script:

I think there are two parts of test: first part measures E or I and second standard part which measure activity of your cognitive functions. :)

rav3n

intp

post script:
There are plenty of us whose dichotomy typing and cognitive function stacking were reversed, relative to introversion and extraversion.

Mine was INTJ but my cogfun stacking was Te>Ni. Yours is the reverse of that.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because the font is tiny on my phone and the first time I saw the title to this thread I read it as, "New Victims of Forum Personality Test" - that's how I keep seeing the title when it appears in the queue.

But anyway, it is better. I got INFJ. (And I typically get INTJ, INTP, or INFP more than INFJ on internet tests). ETA: I took it twice, with several days between, because some of the questions were so difficult to answer that it almost felt like I picked an arbitrary answer and wanted to see if getting INFJ was a consequently arbitrary result. But I got INFJ both times.

I do want to point out though that I did have trouble with: "I attempt to discern patterns of behavior and motivations that others seem to have." "I attempt" implies it's something that's consciously done - as if it can be turned on and off at will - when in fact it's more like a task constantly running in the background which applies to ALL incoming information (whether we want it to or not) and which takes conscious effort to cultivate an awareness of. It seems an important distinction to me. I think it's a good way of sussing out people-oriented introverted perception (FJs), but I feel an aversion to agreeing with the statement as it is. FWIW.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I do want to point out though that I did have trouble with: "I attempt to discern patterns of behavior and motivations that others seem to have." "I attempt" implies it's something that's consciously done - as if it can be turned on and off at will - when in fact it's more like a task constantly running in the background which applies to ALL incoming information (whether we want it to or not) and which takes conscious effort to cultivate an awareness of. It seems an important distinction to me. I think it's a good way of sussing out people-oriented introverted perception (FJs), but I feel an aversion to agreeing with the statement as it is. FWIW.

I do this too, but I interpreted it as an inherent ability to sort of see inside the worlds of others and make predictions as to why they are that way, which I think would apply to Fi and Ne as well. Or, perhaps this is how I use Ni. Maybe it's Fi and Ni for me, but I do know it's a very "internal" thing constantly running.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same here, a select few of them were either none or strong on 2 or 3 options.

Yah, I would have much preferred a slider option on some of those questions, had the same issues.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFP. I think the order of functions was accurate for me. The questions relating to Si and Fi that I selected made me feel more exciting than I actually am. I appreciate that.

Digital Lion

Personality Results – Typology Central Jung Personality Test

Either I'm not a dom extraverted feeler (which is certainly possible) or being an enneagram 8 (with its pragmatic, individualistic, nonconformist streak) seriously fucks with my cognitive preferences. Whenever I get a whiff of any question/statement that seems too "Fe" in the "focusing on others needs and taking on their values as my own" sense, I either go full on catatonic or become awash with contempt. lol Having said that, I answer in the affirmative the statements that speak to being able to read and ascertain the feelings and values of others. I can't tell if 1.) I'm just a jaded NFJ idealist, 2.) I don't really care about adhering to the values of others so much as I'd simply prefer that they adhere to mine or 3.) I don't prefer Fe at all.

IMO, part of the problem with these types of tests is that after taking so many (alongside developing a more intimate understanding of MBTI/Jungian theory), it becomes too easy to suss out which functions and preferences correspond to each question/statement, thereby allowing for biases to hold sway and influence the outcome in those of us somewhat predisposed to "mental gymnastics." Perhaps there needs to be subtler, more nuanced guile and subterfuge written into the test in order to con the con-artists. lol Personally, I'd prefer to choose from multiple, clear cut scenarios that reflect how the various cognitive attitudes (and their axes) might hypothetically manifest in the real world, practical sense.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Amazing. This test has been taken almost 1100 times already in 14 days.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
This question? What's wrong with it?

"I attempt to discern patterns of behaviors and motivations that others seem have"

Looking at it again, it makes more sense - I think it must have been the missing "to" between "seem" and "have" that threw me.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ.

Te = Ni > Ne = Si > Ti = Se > Fe = Fi

Te: 3
Ni: 3
Ne: 1
Si: 1
Se: -1
Ti: -1
Fe: -3
Fi: -3

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I returned an INTJ result, "cognitive functions" are Te-Ni-Si-Ti-Fi-Ne-Se-Fe, the dichotomy result is consistent with my results from the previous version of this test.
I suppose this would theoretically suggest something I've suggested numerous times throughout various typology communities, that the MBTI dichotomy is not aligned with Jungs theories regarding introversion and extraversion - a dichotomy 'I', yet leading with an Extraverted function.

For a general 'internet' personality test, it's fine, of course it buys into the stereotypes and misunderstandings - a land where there are 8 cognitive functions (there's 4), and 'Si' (not a function) is for reasons unknown, related to possessing a good memory (memory, of course, being explicitly stated by Jung as not pertaining to cognitive functions).
From a Jungian perspective, well - let's just summarize the test as decidedly not from a Jungian perspective.

I appreciate the effort that has gone into the test, providing respondents with a 'most like' and 'least like' option within the same context utilizing the same criteria, is unlike other internet personality tests.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test is very much improved from the last version, I liked it very much.

Fi = Ne > Te = Ni > Ti > Si > Fe > Se

quite accurate for me.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
t6ZKIVy.png

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Really cool test, I enjoyed it! I do think I messed it up somehow, because I got ENFJ!:shrug:

I AM very tickled at the idea of being an ENFJ! :D

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really cool test, I enjoyed it! I do think I messed it up somehow, because I got ENFJ!:shrug:

I AM very tickled at the idea of being an ENFJ! :D

And here I was thinking it was introversion biased.....