• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Version of Forum Personality Test

rav3n

Yea hence the ? at the end, I'm gonna retake it in a few tho since im in a much better mood.
I wouldn't retake it since it will either be that algorithm is messed up or that what's being illustrated is the difference between dichotomies and cognitive functions. Dichotomy tests often consider introversion and extroversion focused on social orientation where Jung and cognitive functions consider them to be inwardly/subjective focused and outwardly/objective focused.

I'm a bit of a misanthrope and cynical about humanity but am outwardly/object focused, heavy on assertiveness relative to people.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It types me as an INTJ but with Te>Ni. That's not right.

Did you notice how you're an ENTP in your cognitive function stacking?

Ne>Ti

It did the same thing to you as me, typed us as introverts in the dichotomies and extraverts in cogfun stacking.

I wouldn't retake it since it will either be that algorithm is messed up or that what's being illustrated is the difference between dichotomies and cognitive functions. Dichotomy tests often consider introversion and extroversion focused on social orientation where Jung and cognitive functions consider them to be inwardly/subjective focused and outwardly/objective focused.

I'm a bit of a misanthrope and cynical about humanity but am outwardly/object focused, heavy on assertiveness relative to people.

Nothing is messed up and it is all quite intentional. The test uses a proprietary combination of cognitive functions and dichotomies to ascertain type and I was looking to create something better than pure dichotomy or function based. I can't find your result because you didn't put in a link to it but my assumption is that you came out as an introvert and that's why you got the result you did. What I have found is that it is not particularly reliable to rely on evaluation of function order to determine type - at least from a testing perspective. The last version attempted to use a combination of temperaments + functions which was a wonderful idea in theory but didn't work particularly well in practice. This version is purely intended to be practical in assessing four letter type.

I realize I know nothing about the programming behind this test, and I don't mean to be adding more work. I also realize this is just what I am thinking, which is probably completely separate from where are you at.

But my wishlist:
  • more spectrum questions than binary.
  • more questions that feel like function combos than strict functions.
  • on the questions that ask you to choose the top and the bottom - i almost want to rate all of them. (because why not expand everything into infinity versus narrow down)
  • I wonder if scenarios would be helpful? Ie. you're at work and there is a crisis. blah blah details about crisis. no one knows what to do and the manager/boss is out of town for 2 weeks. what is your response? -take charge and delegate tasks based on what you know of their strengths/positions, -work on helping as many people with their tasks as possible. -choose what you know that you can do best, and proceed to do it regardless of what others are doing. ---- etc.

Now those are some suggestions :). It's quite nuanced of course to not only develop questions like that but then to translate the answers into a result.

Starry

ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
Fi > Ne > Ni > Ti > Fe = Se > Te >

Did you see my result from yesterday [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]?

I’m not sure if I’ve ever had a test result where Fi came out on top.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP

I didnt see it. Do you have a link to your results? It might not matter as it looks like Fi and Ne are your top two functions and you test as an extrovert so ENFP

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Test isn't working at the moment, won't show results.

rav3n

Nothing is messed up and it is all quite intentional. The test uses a proprietary combination of cognitive functions and dichotomies to ascertain type and I was looking to create something better than pure dichotomy or function based. I can't find your result because you didn't put in a link to it but my assumption is that you came out as an introvert and that's why you got the result you did. What I have found is that it is not particularly reliable to rely on evaluation of function order to determine type - at least from a testing perspective. The last version attempted to use a combination of temperaments + functions which was a wonderful idea in theory but didn't work particularly well in practice. This version is purely intended to be practical in assessing four letter type.
And yet, I'm not an introvert since the introversion/extraversion aspect of dichotomies, solely focuses on the social sphere (do you need to recharge after [insert social sphere question and need for space]), rather than object/external focus like Jung and the MBTI foundation.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).

Classics in the History of Psychology -- Jung (1921/1923) Chapter 10

(1)THE GENERAL ATTITUDE OF CONSCIOUSNESS
Everyone is, admittedly, orientated by the data with which the outer world provides him ; yet we see that this may be the case in a way that is only relatively decisive. Because it is cold out of doors, one man is persuaded to wear his overcoat, another from a desire to become hardened finds this unnecessary; one man admires the new tenor because all the world admires him, another withholds his approbation not because he dislikes him but because in his view the subject of general admiration is not thereby proved to be admirable; one submits to [p. 417] a given state of affairs because his experience argues nothing else to be possible, another is convinced that, although it has repeated itself a thousand times in the same way, the thousand and first will be different. The former is orientated by the objective data; the latter reserves a view, which is, as it were, interposed between himself and the objective fact. Now, when the orientation to the object and to objective facts is so predominant that the most frequent and essential decisions and actions are determined, not by subjective values but by objective relations, one speaks of an extraverted attitude. When this is habitual, one speaks of an extraverted type. If a man so thinks, feels, and acts, in a word so lives, as to correspond directly with objective conditions and their claims, whether in a good sense or ill, he is extraverted. His life makes it perfectly clear that it is the objective rather than the subjective value which plays the greater role as the determining factor of his consciousness. He naturally has subjective values, but their determining power has less importance than the external objective conditions. Never, therefore, does he expect to find any absolute factors in his own inner life, since the only ones he knows are outside himself. Epimetheus-like, his inner life succumbs to the external necessity, not of course without a struggle; which, however, always ends in favour of the objective determinant. His entire consciousness looks outwards to the world, because the important and decisive determination always comes to him from without. But it comes to him from without, only because that is where he expects it. All the distinguishing characteristics of his psychology, in so far as they do not arise from the priority of one definite psychological function or from individual peculiarities, have their origin in this basic attitude. Interest and attention follow objective happenings and, primarily, those of the immediate environment. Not [p. 418] only persons, but things, seize and rivet his interest. His actions, therefore, are also governed by the influence of persons and things. They are directly related to objective data and determinations, and are, as it were, exhaustively explainable on these grounds. Extraverted action is recognizably related to objective conditions. In so far it is not purely reactive to environmental stimuli, it character is constantly applicable to the actual circumstances, and it finds adequate and appropriate play within the limits of the objective situation. It has no serious tendency to transcend these bounds. The same holdsgood for interest: objective occurrences have a well-nigh inexhaustible charm, so that in the normal course the extravert's interest makes no other claims.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP

so sappy

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I did the test and my results were a black screen. I guess I have no personality lol.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And yet, I'm not an introvert since the introversion/extraversion aspect of dichotomies, solely focuses on the social sphere (do you need to recharge after [insert social sphere question and need for space]), rather than object/external focus like Jung and the MBTI foundation.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Classics in the History of Psychology -- Jung (1921/1923) Chapter 10

That's a largely theoretical argument. I look at this through a pretty basic/simple lens. There are a lot of descriptions out there of the different types. Lenore Thompson. Gifts Differing. Truity, 16Personalities. Personalitypage.com, PersonalityJunkie, Please Understand Me, etc. Look at all of them and common themes emerge around the 16 types. The question is how can I test someone in an effective way that allows one to determine alignment with these profiles that are out there. You can argue that those profiles aren't good for whatever reason but that's what is generally accepted - bottom line. What I found with thousands of people taking the last version of the test, which was heavily focused on cognitive functions and their preference ordering, is that you can't rely very well on that preference ordering to ascertain a person's type. What I am finding is that the accuracy of this version is a LOT better than the previous version. Measuring introversion/extraversion works. It's why dichotomy based tests have continued to be superior to any kind of function based test.

So this is my attempt to do it better. I think the test is slightly introversion biased right now but that can be adjusted through the scoring algorithm.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a new version of the forum's personality test. I'm looking to test the test. Let me know if you think the results are accurate

Typology Central Jung Personality Test

Not to be overly picky, but there is a typo in question 5. It's "rapport" instead of "repore".

INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Ni > Fe > Te > Si = Ti > Ne > Se > Fi

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did the test and my results were a black screen. I guess I have no personality lol.

Not to be overly picky, but there is a typo in question 5. It's "rapport" instead of "repore".

INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Ni > Fe > Te > Si = Ti > Ne > Se > Fi

Yes, @Lexixon mentioned that. I'll fix that :)

rav3n

That's a largely theoretical argument. I look at this through a pretty basic/simple lens. There are a lot of descriptions out there of the different types. Lenore Thompson. Gifts Differing. Truity, 16Personalities. Personalitypage.com, PersonalityJunkie, Please Understand Me, etc. Look at all of them and common themes emerge around the 16 types. The question is how can I test someone in an effective way that allows one to determine alignment with these profiles that are out there. You can argue that those profiles aren't good for whatever reason but that's what is generally accepted - bottom line. What I found with thousands of people taking the last version of the test, which was heavily focused on cognitive functions and their preference ordering, is that you can't rely very well on that preference ordering to ascertain a person's type. What I am finding is that the accuracy of this version is a LOT better than the previous version. Measuring introversion/extraversion works. It's why dichotomy based tests have continued to be superior to any kind of function based test.

So this is my attempt to do it better. I think the test is slightly introversion biased right now but that can be adjusted through the scoring algorithm.
Of course, this is your test, hence your decision to do what you wish with it. That said, the MBTI foundation (actual Myers-Briggs) and Jung are the theories that MBTI/dichotomies are premised on.

If you seriously want to change things around, create an ambivert classification since the majority of the population are ambiverts.