User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's not an MBTI test. It's simply four letter type - combination of cognitive functions and dichotomies. Again, all that matters to me is that it works.
    Went back to the opening page of the test and you're applying Kiersey's definition of E/I which focuses on gregariousness assessment through behaviours (social behaviour), rather than the official MBTI definition of E/I, that of orientation to the world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Went back to the opening page of the test and you're applying Kiersey's definition of E/I which focuses on gregariousness assessment through behaviours (social behaviour), rather than the official MBTI definition of E/I, that of orientation to the world.
    Actually, it's not using temperaments any more. I need to change that in the description. Can you give me a link to your results? It seems you believe you're an ENTJ and it gave you INTJ. It would be interesting to see the results.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Actually, it's not using temperaments any more. I need to change that in the description. Can you give me a link to your results? It seems you believe you're an ENTJ and it gave you INTJ. It would be interesting to see the results.
    Unfortunately, I didn't keep the page. The results were INTJ in the dichotomies and Te>Ni in the cognitive functions. So as you can see, there's a divide. On other dichotomies tests, I score iNTj or eNTj but primarily iNTj because of low gregariousness (lower caps to indicate degree of introversion and extraversion). Curiously enough, my enneagram main type is 8w7, socionics type is LIE and Sloan Big Five is SCOEI. All of these loosely correlate to ENTJ.

I'm not a people person per se but aren't shy and do socialize pretty often. The recharge questions were interesting because after being in a large crowd of people, I need down time but not to recharge, to unwind. That's a distinction that perhaps you might want to quantify.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

intp
    ne(9)>ti(3)>ni(2)>fe=fi(-1)>te(-2)>se=si(-5)

seems to line up overall... i tend to describe my ne pulling in info which ti examines... i also describe ne and ni as serving as a vice (holding an idea in place), while ti serves as a scalpel... i am not sure about si being placed last... it seems odd that se wasn't at least two places behind si... anyow, i Definitely lead with ne...

post script:
    isn't this an entp stacking? i dunno, i am more introverted than extroverted...
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

phallus impudicus

There is an overall pattern in many of the results indicating that the 3rd function listed is the opposite orientation of the first function listed (i.e. Ne > Fi > Ni ... for ENFP). I think this is actually a really good indication of accurate type testing because naturally, we are strong with our primary type in both orientations. I also think it should be considered strongly by people who think they are introverts but test as an Xe dom, or extroverts testing as an Xi dom.

For example, if you got Ne > Ti > Ni ... but you self-type as INTP, perhaps you are actually a withdrawn ENTP. Especially if the opposite orientation of your suspected dominant function was placed lower in the stack (for example, my Fe was placed 5th in my stack but Ni was 3rd, which suggests I'm stronger with intuition overall than feeling, whereas an INFP would likely have stronger Fe than Ni). Or, put simpler, if you suspect you're an INTP, but you have poor Te, I'd reconsider your typing.

(Type examples picked randomly, don't get your panties in a wad - which btw is a really weird saying)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    intp

seems to line up overall... i tend to describe my ne pulling in info which ti examines... i also describe ne and ni as serving as a vice (holding an idea in place), while ti serves as a scalpel... i am not sure about si being placed last... it seems odd that se wasn't at least two places behind si... anyow, i Definitely lead with ne...

post script:
    I think there are two parts of test: first part measures E or I and second standard part which measure activity of your cognitive functions.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    intp

post script:
    There are plenty of us whose dichotomy typing and cognitive function stacking were reversed, relative to introversion and extraversion.

Mine was INTJ but my cogfun stacking was Te>Ni. Yours is the reverse of that.

I'm too sad for pants. Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Because the font is tiny on my phone and the first time I saw the title to this thread I read it as, "New Victims of Forum Personality Test" - that's how I keep seeing the title when it appears in the queue.

But anyway, it is better. I got INFJ. (And I typically get INTJ, INTP, or INFP more than INFJ on internet tests). ETA: I took it twice, with several days between, because some of the questions were so difficult to answer that it almost felt like I picked an arbitrary answer and wanted to see if getting INFJ was a consequently arbitrary result. But I got INFJ both times.

I do want to point out though that I did have trouble with: "I attempt to discern patterns of behavior and motivations that others seem to have." "I attempt" implies it's something that's consciously done - as if it can be turned on and off at will - when in fact it's more like a task constantly running in the background which applies to ALL incoming information (whether we want it to or not) and which takes conscious effort to cultivate an awareness of. It seems an important distinction to me. I think it's a good way of sussing out people-oriented introverted perception (FJs), but I feel an aversion to agreeing with the statement as it is. FWIW.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

phallus impudicus

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I do want to point out though that I did have trouble with: "I attempt to discern patterns of behavior and motivations that others seem to have." "I attempt" implies it's something that's consciously done - as if it can be turned on and off at will - when in fact it's more like a task constantly running in the background which applies to ALL incoming information (whether we want it to or not) and which takes conscious effort to cultivate an awareness of. It seems an important distinction to me. I think it's a good way of sussing out people-oriented introverted perception (FJs), but I feel an aversion to agreeing with the statement as it is. FWIW.
    I do this too, but I interpreted it as an inherent ability to sort of see inside the worlds of others and make predictions as to why they are that way, which I think would apply to Fi and Ne as well. Or, perhaps this is how I use Ni. Maybe it's Fi and Ni for me, but I do know it's a very "internal" thing constantly running.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaEnigma View Post
    Same here, a select few of them were either none or strong on 2 or 3 options.
    Yah, I would have much preferred a slider option on some of those questions, had the same issues.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"