• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robin Hood morality test

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
You are fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

Men: Perhaps you tend to idealize women and credit them with virtues they don't possess.

Little John
Maid Marion
Robin Hood
The Sheriff

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
I thought it meant that he verbally abused her and called her a slut. You know, like in books when people say, "oh, I have never been so abused," and they're referring to some sort of social blunder? I didn't assume that it meant physical or sexual...I assumed it would have been explicit about that since it's important to the question.

That's a good point. I thought that out as well, but then concluded that an explicit use of the word "abuse" was, well, abuse, and thus put Robin at the end of my list. I figured they would've left out the word abuse and just said "called her a slut."
Sloppy writing, methinks.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That's a good point. I thought that out as well, but then concluded that an explicit use of the word "abuse" was, well, abuse, and thus put Robin at the end of my list. I figured they would've left out the word abuse and just said "called her a slut."
Sloppy writing, methinks.

Yeah, sloppy writing for sure. If he really "abused" her, though, then I'd have to change my order to:

Little John
Maid Marion
Robin Hood
The Sheriff

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Maid Marion
Little John
Robin Hood
The Sheriff

We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Men: Do we detect a sense of chivalry and idealism under the sophistication?

----

Blast!

Jaguar

You too, believe that morality is another word for commonsense and suitability, and not something which is universally valid or a religious truth.
Your feeling for security is strong, and you would rate reliability as one of your virtues.

Men: Your estimate of women as the inferior sex suggests that you are a little uncertain of them.

Little John
The Sherriff
Maid Marion
Robin Hood (Abuser of women needs to have his ass kicked)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The criteria I used there was that by "tempting" Marion, his actions, despite selfish, served to put her integrity to test...and she accepted without even trying to turn the tables. :cry:

But it makes him no better than her. He failed to stand by his own principles by allowing himself to be bargained in setting criminals free in the first place.

So if Little John and Robin Hood are really criminals, The Sheriff isn't moral at all because he let criminals free just because he got laid.

On the other hand, if they really aren't criminals, then he's still not moral because he's wrongly imprisoning innocent people.

And on top of all that he seduced a married woman, not out of "love" but for his own selfish gain of letting his so-called "prisoners" go. I can see maybe putting the others in a different order, but I have a very hard time of conceiving the Sheriff of being anything but last.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interpretation
You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Robin Hood > Lil John > Maid Marion > The Sheriff

You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Men: You probably consider yourself a fair-minded man in a world which falls badly below your standards. Your inhibitions and sense of guilt are in the way of your happiness.

Jaguar

But it makes him no better than her. He failed to stand by his own principles by allowing himself to be bargained in setting criminals free in the first place.

So if Little John and Robin Hood are really criminals, The Sheriff isn't moral at all because he let criminals free just because he got laid.

On the other hand, if they really aren't criminals, then he's still not moral because he's wrongly imprisoning innocent people.

And on top of all that he seduced a married woman, not out of "love" but for his own selfish gain of letting his so-called "prisoners" go. I can see maybe putting the others in a different order, but I have a very hard time of conceiving the Sheriff of being anything but last.

They're all scumbags. :D

Snow Turtle

What's the major difference between putting Robin or the Sheriff last?

Those who put down Robin are perhaps more concerned about their interpersonal relationships than others? The sheriff seems to be wrong but the strong emotions of Robin is just uhh... BAN HAMMER!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maid Marion
Little John
Robin Hood
The Sheriff

I think I'm the first person here to choose this. I find the assumptions that this is supposed to make about my moral reasoning to be rather offensive, however.

I think this test really does hinge on your expectations of the characters, despite the test's instruction to judge outside of the normal Robin Hood story.

I mean, just because you expect the Sheriff to be nasty doesn't make it less morally less nasty for him to imprison individuals for no given reason. Although he is honest in his expectations, he is still last on the scale for me.

Maid Marion is first. She did the best considering her extremely limited circumstances. It's not like she was going around offering sex to the Sheriff. She made a choice between two unsavory options. What she did was bourne out of love. What happened to romantic ideals. She made the hardest choice of all. To sacrifice her personal ideals (if she didn't want to remain loyal, the Sheriff wouldn't have needed wait until this particular situation to force her hand) for the safety of her loved ones? That's certainly admirable.

Little John is second. We don't know how honest he is being with Marion (again, you're not supposed to be using your preconceived notions). Certainly, he's good for consoling her and understanding the meaning of her sacrifice. However, if his intentions with Marion are that good, he can certainly wait longer than three seconds to swoop in with his suggestions after her intense breakup. It seems predatory in real life and it seems predatory here. It isn't necessarily. But he could do better.

Robin Hood: Is clearly lacking in viewing the big picture and is a poor fellow for being so ungrateful for Marion's devotion and honesty. About as equally honest as the Sheriff.

All of This.

Plus, am I the only (coughcynicalcough) one who thought that Little John was seizing an opportunity when Robin Hood lashed out at MMarion? Like, he'd been lurking in the corner and waiting for RHood to make the wrong step so he could finally get MMarion?

Jaguar

What's the major difference between putting Robin or the Sheriff last?

I put Robin last since I think any man who abuses a woman is pure shit, and it's a crime.
It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Plus, am I the only (coughcynicalcough) one who thought that Little John was seizing an opportunity when Robin Hood lashed out at MMarion? Like, he'd been lurking in the corner and waiting for RHood to make the wrong step so he could finally get MMarion?

It's not just you. I posted that I thought his motives were "not entirely altruistic" and that's what I meant by that. I mean, he did propose pretty damn quickly, didn't he? That was my reasoning for putting him below Marion.

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Little john, Robin Hood, The Sheriff, Maid Marion

You are not easy to assess. Basically you are ruled by an inferiority complex and feelings of insecurity. How do you present yourself to the world? An idealist, a moralist, a conformist keeping up with the Joneses?

Women: It is a shame you have not accepted the ideal of woman as the equal (and sometimes stronger) partner of man.

lastrailway

Robin Hood, Little John, Maid Marion, The Sheriff

You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Women: Unlucky in love? Perhaps you hope for too much in a man. Be a realist, not a romantic.

Robin Hood:
+: He was an outlaw, he fought for social justice, he chose to live free and far from the oppressor and he stuck with his choices
-: He did all this out of loyalty to the old King - I would appreciate him much more if he had done what he did just because

Little John:
+: He fought for social justice, chose to be outlaw, chose to go his own way.
-: The loyalty thing again, his good intentions are a bit overshadowed by his devotion to the old king and Robin Hood

Maid Marion:
+: She stuck with Robin Hood and the outlaws
-: She didn't really have much personality, she did what she did only cause she was in love with Robin Hood

The Sheriff:
No comments, I think my previous + and - make quite obvious why I put him on the other side of the spectrum.

BTW, I'm reciting from memory, since it's been years I've watched a Robin Hood movie and read the tale.
I also disagree with the interpretation of the results, since I don't consider myself much of a moralist, old-fashioned or romantic.

EDIT:
After reading the rest of the thread, it seems like Marian slept with the Sheriff, Robin Hood got pissed off and Little John consoled Marion. I don't even remember this part of the story.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Men: You probably consider yourself a fair-minded man in a world which falls badly below your standards. Your inhibitions and sense of guilt are in the way of your happiness.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3

Little John behaved so admirably and kind. He is the hero of this story, to promise lifelong love to someone as loose and ungraceful as Maid Marion...
She loved Robin Hood yet still went and slept with the sheriff to get him out - it is a paradox and to me that is the lowest one could go!!!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yosako said:
You are not easy to assess. Basically you are ruled by an inferiority complex and feelings of insecurity. How do you present yourself to the world? An idealist, a moralist, a conformist keeping up with the Joneses?

Men: Your conflicting views on sex and morality may lead to every sort of sexual problem. You have always feared women, probably starting with your mother.
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Yosako

Little John behaved so admirably and kind. He is the hero of this story, to promise lifelong love to someone as loose and ungraceful as Maid Marion...
She loved Robin Hood yet still went and slept with the sheriff to get him out - it is a paradox and to me that is the lowest one could go!!!
Same results as me ;). As I said, a "real" woman would have kicked the sheriff's balls pretty hard after such..."proposal".

yeghor

Maid Marion, Little John, Sheriff, Robin Hood.

You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.
The test page is working but results page doesn't. This^ would be my choice though.