• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robin Hood morality test

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Robin Hood, Little John, Maid Marion, the Sheriff.

You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Men: You probably consider yourself a fair-minded man in a world which falls badly below your standards. Your inhibitions and sense of guilt are in the way of your happiness.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

Little John: He seemed to do the least damage to others, though I do think he made a mistake in taking Maid Marion off with him. But knowing his character, he probably really would give her the devotion he promised.
Maid Marion: I really had to think about this one. I wanted to put her at the bottom for "selling out", but then she didn't disguise it and was honest about it, which overrode the other two.
The Sheriff: He's here because he had the gaul to put a woman in such a position where he knew she would have little choice other than to satisfy his desires. Just...weasely...and I don't like that.
Robin Hood: His reaction, while understandable, seemed a little too much. While he was not dishonest, he did abuse her (I assume that meant he hit her pretty damn hard) and that is worse than being manipulative.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You too, believe that morality is another word for commonsense and suitability, and not something which is universally valid or a religious truth. Your feeling for security is strong, and you would rate reliability as one of your virtues.

Women: You are more permissive about the morals of others than you are about your own.

ummm... not really true, but it was an interesting test!

my order:
LJ- because he had a sense of mercy
The Sheriff- he was honest
MM- though her motives were good, she DID make a choice
RH- what an asshole, I suppose he never heard not to look a gift horse in the mouth

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Gift horse! Gift horse! Did you just call MM a horse, whatever? Hee.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
We would have to see what Robin Hood is like outside the current situation.
If he regularly verbally abuses women, I would put him in the bottom but it could have been that he was so shocked that was simply a visceral irrational reaction and not what he really thought.

Nevertheless, I don't think much of either Robin Hood or the Sheriff in this story.

LucrativeSid

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

LJ, Maid, Sheriff, Robin

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Maid Marion
Little John
The Sheriff
Robin Hood

--
Interpretation

You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Women: You like being a woman, you understand what love is, and frankly enjoy sex.
Where does enjoyment of sex come from here? Did Marion do it for enjoyment? :dont:

B

ByMySword

You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Men: You probably consider yourself a fair-minded man in a world which falls badly below your standards. Your inhibitions and sense of guilt are in the way of your happiness.

Robin got the most moral because he didn't do anything wrong, really. Out of all of this, he was the victim.

Little John got the next moral because he didn't do anything wrong either. But he did defend Maid Marion, and I wouldn't have. It actually was really hard deciding between Robin and John, but since Robin came out of this situation the definite victim, I sympathized with him more.

Maid Marion got the the second to least moral because she forfeited her honor. That is something I cannot tolerate. But she did tell the truth to Robin, so thats good.

And the Sheriff got the least moral because he arrested them with no apparent justification, then blackmailed them so he could sleep with Robin's bitch. Thats fucked up. You don't mow another guy's lawn. ;)

The results weren't wrong, necessarily. I did read some others that would have fit me as well.

I'm pretty morally inclined, but at the same time my morals are different than those people usually associate with morality. I would like to think of myself as more ethical. But I would say my morals concerning infidelity and honesty are old fashioned. But fornication and violence are A-OKAY!!!! Nothing wrong with that!!! :nice:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maid Marion
Little John
Robin Hood
The Sheriff

I think I'm the first person here to choose this. I find the assumptions that this is supposed to make about my moral reasoning to be rather offensive, however.

We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Women: You will expect high standards from the men to whom you give your love.

I think this test really does hinge on your expectations of the characters, despite the test's instruction to judge outside of the normal Robin Hood story.

I mean, just because you expect the Sheriff to be nasty doesn't make it less morally less nasty for him to imprison individuals for no given reason. Although he is honest in his expectations, he is still last on the scale for me.

ByMySword said:
Maid Marion got the the second to least moral because she forfeited her honor. That is something I cannot tolerate. But she did tell the truth to Robin, so thats good.

Maid Marion is first. She did the best considering her extremely limited circumstances. It's not like she was going around offering sex to the Sheriff. She made a choice between two unsavory options. What she did was bourne out of love. What happened to romantic ideals. She made the hardest choice of all. To sacrifice her personal ideals (if she didn't want to remain loyal, the Sheriff wouldn't have needed wait until this particular situation to force her hand) for the safety of her loved ones? That's certainly admirable.

Little John is second. We don't know how honest he is being with Marion (again, you're not supposed to be using your preconceived notions). Certainly, he's good for consoling her and understanding the meaning of her sacrifice. However, if his intentions with Marion are that good, he can certainly wait longer than three seconds to swoop in with his suggestions after her intense breakup. It seems predatory in real life and it seems predatory here. It isn't necessarily. But he could do better.

Robin Hood: Is clearly lacking in viewing the big picture and is a poor fellow for being so ungrateful for Marion's devotion and honesty. About as equally honest as the Sheriff.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Robin got the most moral because he didn't do anything wrong, really. Out of all of this, he was the victim.
You don't think that Robin's abuse of Marion after her sacrifice is anything wrong?
And why does being a victim confer greater morality on Robin? Little John affirmatively did something "right" and Robin did nothing besides cuss Marion out for her efforts after sitting like a pussy in prison freeing neither self nor Marion.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I would never go off with Little John. I would pine after Robin good and hard, for a while, then realize he's a complete idiot and move along swiftly.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Her agreeing to go with John is a symptom of how broken she was by little pissant Robin's behavior. She'd eventually wake up and dump him, I wager.

B

ByMySword

Maid Marion is first. She did the best considering her extremely limited circumstances. It's not like she was going around offering sex to the Sheriff. She made a choice between two unsavory options. What she did was bourne out of love. What happened to romantic ideals. She made the hardest choice of all. To sacrifice her personal ideals (if she didn't want to remain loyal, the Sheriff wouldn't have needed wait until this particular situation to force her hand) for the safety of her loved ones? That's certainly admirable.

Understandable. But she didn't take it up with Robin before she did it. Thats where she messed up.

And she didn't sacrifice her ideals for the SAFETY of her loved ones. At no time were any of them in any danger, they were just locked up in prison.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I choose Maid Marion, Little John, The Sherrif, Robin

My results

Interpretation
You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Women: You like being a woman, you understand what love is, and frankly enjoy sex.

Can I go with a "no comment" for accuracy?

For Maid Marion: I view the sex as a sacrafice she made for Robin and Little John. It was a selfless act to help others. It wasn't that she didn't value her "virtue" but that love for Robin and a desire to help Robin and Little John were seen as more important. It is about being true to what you value the most.

Next Little John: I put him next because he defended Maid Marion and showed compassion and forgiveness.

Third is the Sherrif: He did at least show he had some honesty because he kept his word and released the prisoners. I have heard (fictional) stories where the jailer sleeps with the women but backs out of the deal and than brags to the prisoners about how good the sex was.

Last is Robin: Men who abuse women are scum, the dregs of humanity. Robin was also an ungreatful :censored: for treating Maid Marrion that way after her selfless act to save him.

Ilah

Negative_

Ms Marion, Lil' Jon, Sheriff, Robin

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
msjr

Morale and Honest
(Best)
Maid Marion
The Sheriff
Little John
Robin Hood

(Worst)
Immoral and Dishonest
35921 answers archived
1002 matches for msjr
2.8% of total

see all the answers

Interpretation

Such an emphatic rejection of ready-made values is probably partly camouflage. You hate to be thought weak or insecure. You value honesty, and abhor hypocrisy.

Women: You are tolerant about men and their failings - but we mean men, for you have no time for boys on men's errands.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
It says I'm boring with no imagination basically...oh well.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

(Best)Maid Marion, Little John, The Sheriff, Robin Hood(Worst)

6702 answers archived
655 matches for mjsr
9.8% of total

Holy shit that's accurate. Wow. o_O

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I feel like I've done this before but..

#1: Little John (He not only did anything wrong but willingly defended Maid Marian and her actions.)
#2: Maid Marian (In my mind, she wasn't 'disloyal' in the conventional sense- she slept with the Sheriff to free Little John and Robin Hood.)
#3: Robin Hood (Abusing Maid Marian was wrong but I could see how he would be hurt by this.)
#4: Sheriff (I can see the rationale for Robin Hood being the least moral/honest, the Sheriff did keep his word- but the Sheriff used the situation to take advantage of Maid Marian and in my mind- that's wrong.)

You are fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.
Men: Perhaps you tend to idealize women and credit them with virtues they don't possess.

This is how I typically view women- probably because I know more virtuous women than virtuous men personally.

I had to go LOL about the results for my opposite.
srmj
The Sheriff, Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Little John

Men: We find it hard to imagine you leading a full, happy life. The warmth and give-and-take of love are not for you. Your sex life is ringed with unreality, and you neither understand nor appreciate women.

Women: If you really believe this is the right order, you baffle us completely.

3% of total, 3% of men, 3% of women, male/female 63%/ 37% (scaled: 55%/ 45%)