• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Artistic Preference Scales: Art Test

Link is here.

Found this and thought it was quite interesting. It's a short test that measures our preferences in visual art.

My score. I have to say, most of the artworks they included on the test weren't really my preferred style, yet I can still identify these results in my own style of artwork.

Tater

scores-graphic.php

I think I prefer more linear works of art. I probably just scored the way I did for other reasons.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 9. This indicates you have a strong preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 3. This indicates you have a small preference for abstract works.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 2. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
scores-graphic.php

Also the descriptions:
Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -4. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 10. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -10. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).
Neat. Like Lotus, though, often neither of the images were to my tastes.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
scores-graphic.php

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
322.jpg

Scores on each scale range from -16 to +16.

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 8. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -11. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
scores-graphic.php

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 5. This indicates you have a moderate preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 1. This indicates you have a small preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -8. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Yeah! I'm a MAHN!

There were a lot of them where I liked both equally.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
scores-graphic.php

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -9. This indicates you have a strong preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -4. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Mostly accurate I'd think, but the selection of linear artworks was unfair, I like those a lot usually... :c

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
scores-graphic.php

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -2. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -1. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Eternal Harmony

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
scores-graphic.php

Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -12. This indicates you have a strong preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -5. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

My results surprised me because i tend to paint abstractly when I do...neat quiz thanks @Lotus ^_^

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
scores-graphic.php

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -1. This indicates you have a small preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 7. This indicates you have a moderate preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 6. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

á´…eparted

passages
4qsMqQT.png

Most of the time i was rather meh on both images, but this is accurate. Surrealism is my favorite.

Edit: i fucking love this one:

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -16. This indicates you have a strong preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -12. This indicates you have a strong preference for realistic works over abstract ones.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 7. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
scores-graphic.php

• Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 2. This indicates you have a small preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
  • Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 5. This indicates you have a moderate preference for abstract works.
  • Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -12. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I actually have an extremely strong preference for feminine semi-realistic anime painterly style.
Those particular examples of painterly weren't that great to me.
scores-graphic.php

Attachments

• scores-graphic.jpg
    scores-graphic.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 139