• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Artistic Preference Scales: Art Test

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Scores Explanation
Scores on each scale range from -16 to +16.

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 1. This indicates you have a small preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 7. This indicates you have a moderate preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -11. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Attachments

• scores-graphic (1).jpg
    scores-graphic (1).jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 112

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
View attachment 21975

Scores Explanation
Scores on each scale range from -16 to +16.

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -3. This indicates you have a small preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -8. This indicates you have a strong preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -10. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

This test is awful.
For example I usually didn't pick pictures with a person because I didn't like either style or their clothes or their faces, so apparently I don't like people.
The pictures chosen are generally not very interesting and they are presented in incorrect way - it's impossible to appreciate them as works of art as tiny thumbnails.
There are no actual abstract works, just surrealist ones, which were also usually ugly and disturbing.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fun test, but most of the time I thought the paintings were equally drab or I enjoyed them both for different reasons. I like history so I was attracted to a lot of the boat paintings and some of the Victorian paintings(though a few Victorian paintings were drab). Colors were important too-I liked anything with bright red or colors that made me feel like I was there(like white making me feel like I was in a cold room or greys making me feel like I was in a foggy fall scene).

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 4. This indicates you have a moderate preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -1. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 1. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
scores-graphic.php

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 0. This indicates you appreciate linear and painterly works equally. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -4. This indicates you have a moderate preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -6. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).