Likes Hiraeth liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, if it were a larger database i think the result would be more telling. I often score as more male on tests which is interesting as I feel less feminine than I am generally perceived by others.

I also wonder with the abstract art with Se and Ne. I notice those with Se lead tend to prefer loud visually harsh images with large shapes. Whereas Ne prefers more subtlety in abstraction.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Interesting. I was barely here nor there on a few of them, I don't feel as intensely for art in comparison to many others.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

scores-graphic.jpg

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 8. This indicates you have a strong preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
    Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 12. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.
    Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 12. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Scores Explanation
    Scores on each scale range from -16 to +16.

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
    Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -1. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
    Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -1. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).
    Come at me horrid eyes
    That seep into my system
    Push all intent on fire

Push all intent on fire, 'cause it's all fine

Apparently, I have manly artistic taste. Interesting.

These are results from the Artistic Preferences Scale 1.1. The APS1.1 measures three scores: two of style and one of content. The scores for these three scales are graphed below.

Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 0. This indicates you appreciate linear and painterly works equally. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -3. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -14. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -8.
    Yeah! I'm a MAHN!
    Well... half.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Well... half.
    If I'm only half a MAHN, why do I think the poster below is the greatest artwork ever? You can practically see America sliding all over his veiny biceps.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 3. This indicates you have a small preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
    Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 2. This indicates you have a small preference for abstract works.
    Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 0. This indicates that you prefer equally works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects usually associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE None

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -5. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 9. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 3. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).
    “I touch people. I think everyone needs that.”

“I don’t go by the rule-book. I lead from the heart, not the head.”

“I think the biggest disease the world suffers in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month. I’m very happy to do that. I want to do that.”

“I wear my heart on my sleeve.”

ENFP, 4w5, SX/SO. SLUEI. Unstructured.