• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Artistic Preference Scales: Art Test

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DvfB2Fb_d.jpg

We need more femininity :heart:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, if it were a larger database i think the result would be more telling. I often score as more male on tests which is interesting as I feel less feminine than I am generally perceived by others.

scores-graphic.php

I also wonder with the abstract art with Se and Ne. I notice those with Se lead tend to prefer loud visually harsh images with large shapes. Whereas Ne prefers more subtlety in abstraction.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
scores-graphic.php

Interesting. I was barely here nor there on a few of them, I don't feel as intensely for art in comparison to many others.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
scores-graphic.jpg

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 8. This indicates you have a strong preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 12. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 12. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Scores Explanation
Scores on each scale range from -16 to +16.

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -1. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -1. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Metis

Apparently, I have manly artistic taste. Interesting.

These are results from the Artistic Preferences Scale 1.1. The APS1.1 measures three scores: two of style and one of content. The scores for these three scales are graphed below.

scores-graphic.php

Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 0. This indicates you appreciate linear and painterly works equally. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -3. This indicates you have a small preference for realistic works over abstract ones.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -14. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well... half. :rotfl:

If I'm only half a MAHN, why do I think the poster below is the greatest artwork ever? You can practically see America sliding all over his veiny biceps.
images

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 3. This indicates you have a small preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 2. This indicates you have a small preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 0. This indicates that you prefer equally works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects usually associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

StarFollowed

Stardust
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -5. This indicates you have a moderate preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 9. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 3. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I've gotten MILDY different results in the past. But that difference is mainly on the masculine/feminine scale

Attachments

• Art Preference .jpg
    Art Preference .jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 106

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
My preference is for realistic paintings and apparently slightly masculine in my content preferences.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
44762592132_5fdae689f6_d.jpg

I’m not that surprised to get a high score for the painterly style as a big fan of Impressionism :D

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
scores-graphic.php

Well then... :mellow: this was unexpected, heh :blush:

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was -2. This indicates you have a small preference for linear works over painterly ones. In linear works, the artists depicts clear shapes bounded by lines and attempts to achieve photorealism. This contrasts with a painterly style where the brush strokes will be visible.

Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 6. This indicates you have a moderate preference for abstract works.

Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 7. This indicates that you have a moderate preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
scores-graphic.php

Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 4. This indicates you have a moderate preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was -5. This indicates you have a moderate preference for realistic works over abstract ones.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was 10. This indicates that you have a strong preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to females (e.g. women in dresses, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.).

rav3n

Meh, many of the abstract paintings weren't terribly abstract and when I chose, it was premised on my subjective evaluation of the overall painting, rather than the subjects being depicted. A lot of the paintings depicting females had a male romantic perspective of the subjects so IMO, the gendered psychological evaluation of gendered preferences, is too superficial.

Scores Explanation

Your score for Linear vs. Painterly was 3. This indicates you have a small preference for painterly works. In painterly works the brush stokes will be visible, this contrasts with linear works where shapes are bounded by lines and the goal is a photo-realistic depiction.
Your score for Realistic vs. Abstract was 11. This indicates you have a strong preference for abstract works.
Your score for Masculine vs. Feminine was -1. This indicates that you have a slight preference for works of art that depict subjects stereotypically of interest to males (e.g. fighting, machines, ships, architecture, etc.) as opposed to subjects stereotypically associated with females (women in dresses, etc.).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
art preferences.jpg