• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Metis

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group? - Quiz
by Evan Lazuli

Loner

ep4hfc5oql.jpg

You don't want to be in a group. If you are, it's probably for one of two reasons: 1) these poor saps would die without you, or 2) you've become too attached to just abandon them. You would be willing to fight for your group, but you will probably bail the moment the opportunity arises. It's nothing personal, it's just that you operate better on your own.

Good. This is a good quiz. :smooch:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Voice of Reason
Dale.jpg

You are the glue that holds your group together. Without you, there would be total chaos. When the leader is unavailable, people go to you for advice; sometimes even the leader goes to you for advice. The whole world could be crumbling around you and you'd still keep a level head. Before you make a decision, you like to consider all options and how they will affect the rest of the group. At the end of the day, you're the one saving the group from problems that haven't even happened yet.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leader

the-.jpg

You sit at the helm and everyone looks to you for guidance. You are the rock of the group. You have your group’s best interests at heart, and your decisions are based on that, even if they would prefer you do something else. You make quick decisions based on what you think is the best option in the moment, and most of the time, it was the right choice.

I always get ‘leader’ results in role-types quizzes, these days. I don’t feel like a leader, at all. I have no drive to actively lead anyone. Being responsible for a group of people in a survival scenario sounds draining as hell, but I probably would feel responsible for them in some way, anyway. I’m confident in my own abilities to survive, but that doesn’t translate to knowing how to help others do the same.

In the zombie apocalypse, I’d run out of my stockpile of epinephrine autoinjectors & asthma albuterol inhalers. Eventually unable to locate more, the bees &/or my own lungs would kill me long before the undead ever got the chance.

Lark

No way I'm joining any sort of group at all if there's a zombi apocalypse, it'd be my greatest opportunity for a lone wolf venture.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No way I'm joining any sort of group at all if there's a zombi apocalypse, it'd be my greatest opportunity for a lone wolf venture.

Alone could work for a little while, especially if your general area isn’t highly populated. If you have your own source of clean water on the property (like a well), a secluded house/yard to fortify so you can garden, it may be doable indefinitely. You’d need basic knowledge about construction, edible flora/fauna, emergency medical skills. Basic self defense skills/how to make &/or use various weapons.

You wouldn’t want to venture too far from your property if you could help it. You’d risk attracting humans/zombies to your hideout. Too risky to travel far/sleep alone in the open. Also, there’s no one to help you back if you injure yourself. A broken ankle from one misstep could be the end, if you happen to be escaping an imminent threat at the time.

If your fortified home is compromised & you’re forced to abandon it, you’ll run these risks no matter what your contingency plan is. There is no safe place - only safer. Best to just keep moving. And if you must keep moving, having someone watch your back is often safer than going it alone for extended periods of time, no matter how well-honed your survival instincts are.

Having people around can be distracting, slow you down. But they can also bring something to the table. Even a couple extra sets of eyes/ears can be invaluable.

Source: The Zombie Survival Guide is my apocalypse bible.

Lark

Alone could work for a little while, especially if your general area isn’t highly populated. If you have your own source of clean water on the property (like a well), a secluded house/yard to fortify so you can garden, it may be doable indefinitely. You’d need basic knowledge about construction, edible flora/fauna, emergency medical skills. Basic self defense skills/how to make &/or use various weapons.

You wouldn’t want to venture too far from your property if you could help it. You’d risk attracting humans/zombies to your hideout. Too risky to travel far/sleep alone in the open. Also, there’s no one to help you back if you injure yourself. A broken ankle from one misstep could be the end, if you happen to be escaping an imminent threat at the time.

If your fortified home is compromised & you’re forced to abandon it, you’ll run these risks no matter what your contingency plan is. There is no safe place - only safer. Best to just keep moving. And if you must keep moving, having someone watch your back is often safer than going it alone for extended periods of time, no matter how well-honed your survival instincts are.

Having people around can be distracting, slow you down. But they can also bring something to the table. Even a couple extra sets of eyes/ears can be invaluable.

Source: The Zombie Survival Guide is my apocalypse bible.

I see my strategy as more one of popping caps in anything that moves, walking dead or walking pre-dead as it may prove to be, full on John Rambo and I mean the novel First Blood's version of John Rambo, not the lawful good version of the Sylvester Stallone movie at that. :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I might spare a few people or at least leave them to the end. That's all though.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see my strategy as more one of popping caps in anything that moves, walking dead or walking pre-dead as it may prove to be, full on John Rambo and I mean the novel First Blood's version of John Rambo, not the lawful good version of the Sylvester Stallone movie at that. :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I might spare a few people or at least leave them to the end. That's all though.

You’d eventually run out of ammo. Also, gunshots would attract hordes of zombies & humans alike. Depending on your zombie lore, you could attract zombies from miles upon miles away.

Don’t mind me - I’ve contemplated these things way, way too much over the years.

Lark

You’d eventually run out of ammo. Also, gunshots would attract hordes of zombies & humans alike.

Don’t mind me - I’ve contemplated these things way, way too much over the years.

Ammo? Melee weapons dont run out of ammo.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ammo? Melee weapons dont run out of ammo.

‘Popping caps’ = operating a firearm, no? I never watched Rambo in its entirety (or read it), so I’m not sure what weapons he uses.

Lark

‘Popping caps’ = operating a firearm, no? I never watched Rambo in its entirety, so I’m not sure what weapons he uses.

Mainly a big knife but he also makes traps out of things in the woods, in the novel he kills like an entire towns worth of people before he finally gets killed but in the movie he acts really defensively, tries to surrender a few times and is eventually taken into custody.

I was talking in a general sense when I used that euphemism, "popping caps", but even if I were talking specifically about firearms, who doesnt back them up with melee weapons?:huh::newwink:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mainly a big knife but he also makes traps out of things in the woods, in the novel he kills like an entire towns worth of people before he finally gets killed but in the movie he acts really defensively, tries to surrender a few times and is eventually taken into custody.

So kind of like Chuck Norris sans the martial arts. . .

I was talking in a general sense when I used that euphemism, "popping caps", but even if I were talking specifically about firearms, who doesnt back them up with melee weapons?:huh::newwink:

Ah. I’ve always heard that phrase specifically used about guns, so I thought that was the only thing you planned to rely on.

And agreed, backup melee weapons are a must.
I think a machete would be ideal, personally.

Lark

So kind of like Chuck Norris sans the martial arts. . .

Ah. I’ve always heard that phrase specifically used about guns, so I thought that was the only thing you planned to rely on.

And agreed, backup melee weapons are a must.
I think a machete would be ideal, personally.

Sharksuit armour and shaolin shovel :newwink:

Lark

Eh.. I can get a machete at the local Walmart for $7.69.
Gotta be realistic when it comes to the zombie apocalypse.

After the zombi apocalypse you can get those things I mentioned for free, provided you know where they stock them.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After the zombi apocalypse you can get those things I mentioned for free, provided you know where they stock them.

Stores would be mobbed with everyone else thinking the very same thing. I’d rather be as far from metropolitan/consumer areas as quickly as possible. I’d be good with my pre-purchased Walmart stuff.

*adds “machete” to next month’s shopping list*

That shark suit does sound cool in theory, but I’d wonder about upkeep. And if it’d be ok to sleep in/wear all the time. I don’t think zombies will wait for me to get dressed. I do like the idea of anti-bite clothing, though.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
the-.jpg

Leader
51P-197df6L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You sit at the helm, and everyone looks to you for guidance. You are the rock of the group. You have your group's best interest at heart, and your decisions are based on that, even if they would prefer you do something else. You make quick decisions based on what you think is the best option in the moment, and most of the time, it was the right choice.

Part of the benefit of growing up with a survivalist father in many ways I've been preparing for the undead hordes to rise screaming from their graves thirsty for the flesh of the living...my whole life....

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Role: Guy who adapts way too quickly and immediately starts functioning in survival mode.

*hears sounds of bushes rustling and small twigs snapping underneath the weight of human feet around me*

*spreads bushes apart to see me hunched over a human male body*

Them: ".........."

Group Survivor #1: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!!?!"

Group Survivor #2: "Oh...my god...

*Group Survivor number 3 walks towards the front of me and sees what's transpired*

Group Survivor #3: *begins vomiting profusely*

Group Survivor #1: "Is....Is that Steve? Are you eating Steve? What the hell is wrong with you, man!"

Me: "....I couldn't help it....I was so hungry..."

Me: " I know you guys think this is odd, but things aren't like they used to be -- If we want to survive, we're going to have to do things that we may not be able to come back from.."

Group Survivor #3: "Dude, it has literally been maybe 30 minutes since the first reported zombie sighting in this area, and even that was 3 hours away."

Group Survivor #2: "We still have, easily, 6-months worth of food rations to go around.."

Group Survivor #1: "Hell if I'm gonna be honest, I thought we were just out here camping and role-playing."

Me: * Drowns out the background banter of the group while staring at everyone in a trance-like state, as I begin sizing up the remaining group members based on weight and muscle-tone to determine who shall be next. *

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Role: Guy who adapts way too quickly and immediately starts functioning in survival mode.

*hears sounds of bushes rustling and small twigs snapping underneath the weight of human feet around me*

*spreads bushes apart to see me hunched over a human male body*

Them: ".........."

Group Survivor #1: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!!?!"

Group Survivor #2: "Oh...my god...

*Group Survivor number 3 walks towards the front of me and sees what's transpired*

Group Survivor #3: *begins vomiting profusely*

Group Survivor #1: "Is....Is that Steve? Are you eating Steve? What the hell is wrong with you, man!"

Me: "....I couldn't help it....I was so hungry..."

Me: " I know you guys think this is odd, but things aren't like they used to be -- If we want to survive, we're going to have to do things that we may not be able to come back from.."

Group Survivor #3: "Dude, it has literally been maybe 30 minutes since the first reported zombie sighting in this area, and even that was 3 hours away."

Group Survivor #2: "We still have, easily, 6-months worth of food rations to go around.."

Group Survivor #1: "Hell if I'm gonna be honest, I thought we were just out here camping and role-playing."

Me: * Drowns out the background banter of the group while staring at everyone in a trance-like state, as I begin sizing up the remaining group members based on weight and muscle-tone to determine who shall be next. *

This is why INTPs need supervision at all times, especially when they watch/read the news.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Alone could work for a little while, especially if your general area isn't highly populated. If you have your own source of clean water on the property (like a well), a secluded house/yard to fortify so you can garden, it may be doable indefinitely. You'd need basic knowledge about construction, edible flora/fauna, emergency medical skills. Basic self defense skills/how to make &/or use various weapons. You wouldn't want to venture too far from your property if you could help it. You'd risk attracting humans/zombies to your hideout. Too risky to travel far/sleep alone in the open. Also, there's no one to help you back if you injure yourself. A broken ankle from one misstep could be the end, if you happen to be escaping an imminent threat at the time. If your fortified home is compromised & you're forced to abandon it, you'll run these risks no matter what your contingency plan is. There is no safe place - only safer. Best to just keep moving. And if you must keep moving, having someone watch your back is often safer than going it alone for extended periods of time, no matter how well-honed your survival instincts are. Having people around can be distracting, slow you down. But they can also bring something to the table. Even a couple extra sets of eyes/ears can be invaluable. Source: The Zombie Survival Guide is my apocalypse bible.
My sentiments exactly, I always get leader in these test as well, but I'm not interested in debating anything in the middle of an apocalypse or convincing anyone of anything either. Staying on the move is the smartest play , but having someone with you to look out assists a great deal as well, small group (4 persons max) with same objective works much better than on your own. IMO